Author Topic: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?  (Read 127496 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Possible Add-Ons to the Game?
« Reply #195 on: December 27, 2016, 11:02:06 AM »
Lots of stuff to go over.
I will look at it when I get back from lunch.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Cavey

« Reply #196 on: December 27, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »
I just looked at that post again and WOW that is a textwall. I'm sorry.  :-X

And only the first ~third of it's actually feature requests. The last ~2/3 is just detailing how I imagined the last feature request working for really no good reason. (you can skip that part, lel)

The things we do at 4 AM...
« Last Edit: December 27, 2016, 02:45:24 PM by Cavey »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #197 on: December 27, 2016, 06:01:04 PM »
I just looked at that post again and WOW that is a textwall. I'm sorry.  :-X
And only the first ~third of it's actually feature requests. The last ~2/3 is just detailing how I imagined the last feature request working for really no good reason. (you can skip that part, lel)
The things we do at 4 AM...
Text walls don't bother me I just had 2 other posts to go through first.
Done with one of them and almost done with the second.

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #198 on: December 28, 2016, 10:51:49 AM »
Add the ability to make both permanent and temporary traits to an item....Ex.-take away Fairy Dust Addict, and add Former Addict for 30 turns.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #199 on: December 28, 2016, 05:53:50 PM »
Add the ability to make both permanent and temporary traits to an item....Ex.-take away Fairy Dust Addict, and add Former Addict for 30 turns.
I have added a part that will allow food and makeup items to do both permanent and temporary traits.
Other types of items should not do temp traits because the trait is removed when the item is.
To make a trait temporary add Duration to the trait line.
You will have to do this manually until WME gets updated.
Code: [Select]
        <Effect What="Trait"           Name="Open Minded"        Amount="1"   Duration="10" />

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #200 on: December 31, 2016, 04:24:01 PM »
That was fast.....awesome!

Offline MontyPython85

« Reply #201 on: January 18, 2017, 10:34:27 PM »
Is it possible to create a script in Script Editor that's based on a Girl's Status? I'm not sure there's an option there yet.

Also, It'd be great if the game made it possible to generate girls (via girlsx / rgirlsx files) in more locations (like the Clinic, Centre, etc...)

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #202 on: January 19, 2017, 01:35:59 PM »
I am adding 4 new functions to scripts that will be in .06.02.57:
"IfGirlIsSlave" and "IfGirlIsFree" are simple checks.
"IfPlayerHasItem" currently just checks for exact names but I hope to make it get variants as well.
"GiveGirlInvItem" is going to be the hardest because it will need to make sure the player has the item and then give it to the girl.

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #203 on: January 19, 2017, 01:45:47 PM »
Happy to see you are back.

From my point of view both commands In scripts should be no problem:

If player has item ""

followed by:
- AddItemtoGirl (*itemname*) (*amount*) (*equip*)

endif

Offline Dabanisher

« Reply #204 on: January 19, 2017, 06:36:29 PM »
oh the interesting fetishes we can do with this

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #205 on: January 21, 2017, 10:53:05 AM »
I am now updating the .scriptx so they save names instead of numbers.
This will make editing scripts a little easier and will help in the future if things get changed.
ie: in older versions of scripts, adjusting skills does not work properly because there are more stats and skills so the numbers in the old scripts do not line up with the new numbers for stats/skills.
This will be much easier to fix now.

Update:
Got it all done :)
This really makes editing scripts much easier.
I am going over DefaultInteractDetails adding and updating things.
I will release .06.02.57 after I finish.
There will be a lot more things available for scripts :)

When rewarding girls by giving them money, the old script was just taking the money from you and not giving it to her.
I added "GiveGoldToGirl (*min*) (*max*)" to fix that.
You can use it to take money from the girl by using negative numbers in the script.

"AdjustTargetGirlStatR (*stat*) (*min*) (*max*) (*temp*)" and "AdjustTargetGirlSkillR (*skill*) (*min*) (*max*) (*temp*)"  for random adjustments

After a lot of trial and error, it is finally done :)
There was way too much in the DefaultInteractDetails script to go over it all.
I did update the training part with the random stats/skills and hopefully fixed the mismatched stats/skills due to old code.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2017, 06:47:55 PM by aevojoey »

Offline grishnak

« Reply #206 on: January 25, 2017, 10:15:15 PM »
Thanks for the update! You can do a lot more now! :)
Now the only things i am missing are options to rename girls (or add nicknames) and a way to influence the standard profile picture, depending on certain conditions.
For example, i don't want the same big profile for a matron, torturer, free girl and slaves...so i'd rather want to see as standard (maybe make it a setting in the config or a setting to uniforms depending on building to be able to define the profile depending on jobs and conditions)
- formal or dom for matrons
- ecchi, formal for free
- bunny, wait or maid for service girls
- presented or nude for slaves
- dom for torturer
- farm for free farm workers
- nurse for free clinic workers
etc.
So mainly all imagetypes are already there or could be easily adapted by the players who want to use custom profile pics, all others could simply keep it as is without any changes to picpacks.

Offline Ponderer

« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2017, 11:10:32 AM »

Hey there everyone!  I just returned to this game (Which I have continually picked up and played every now and again) and I ended up with a list of ideas on how to modify, improve or expand it. Nothing should be taken as demands of course, just things I think might improve the experience, that I wanted to invite for consideration!

Bookmarking: Be able to 'pin' girls for interest, causing them to come up at the end of turn summary separately (or at least put up top of their areas) to make them easier to find. I like to keep an eye on newer girls (especially if they're catacombs runners) and being able to flag them might make things easier.

Sorting girls: The ability to filter results by job rather than simply by location.

Interdependence between areas: Such as wounded characters from one area being automatically sent to the hospital area via a caretaker such as a matron, or nurses being able to go out 'on call' to heal the sick without them needing to be moved, or food and drink on the farm being shipped to the bar to increase the value of the food and drink sold there.

Shaman or priestess healer profession: in a game where magic is so prevalent, it seems odd that magical healing is not considered a viable option in hospitals. A high magic and Medicine stat could be used instead of high intelligence, or perhaps all three could be used, where the Shaman or Priestess has different options such as causing positive character states, reducing age, increasing or decreasing fertility, giving a girl regeneration to health or stamina that grant them increased recovery in those respective stats for a certain number of turns, etc.

What a woman wears reflecting their potential customer clientelle: A waitress that came naked from the slave bazaar nude may sound like an enticing idea, but it should raise suspicion quickly and limit the kind of clientelle available. In this vein having clothing items you can find or make (since we now have a tailor job) or they are on a slider similar to a girls housing, where having the highest end clothing may be very expensive in situations where it's constantly getting damaged – arena fighting and beast harem, etc, but in things like bartendering it will be much less expensive. Having a higher end clothing will help attract a higher end clientelle.

Event suggestion: Having a client offer to trade sums of money, territory or rare items for well trained girls they've come to like.

New job: Dungeon Matron – In contrast to the torturer, this woman is tasked with preparing the women to leave the dungeon, building them up rather than tearing them down. A dungeon matron would train girls and work to keep them rested and healthy whether or not they are being tortured as well. This could allow you to make a well trained girl pass her knowledge on to new girls easily – if slowly.

Well, I have a bunch more, but I think i'll stop there rather than drown everyone! I'll post more later, unless people think my suggestions aren't quite fitting for the game.

By the way this is not a game suggestion but I was wondering, if there a patreon for the owner of this mod, or should I stick with paypal donations?
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 02:33:14 PM by Ponderer »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2017, 09:15:50 PM »
Bookmarking: Be able to 'pin' girls for interest, causing them to come up at the end of turn summary separately (or at least put up top of their areas) to make them easier to find. I like to keep an eye on newer girls (especially if they're catacombs runners) and being able to flag them might make things easier.
Sorting girls: The ability to filter results by job rather than simply by location.
The studio and Clinic have alternate sorting methods that you can change by pressing "O".
 - Studio: By job
 - Clinic: Patients first (sorted by how far along their surgery is) then staff

If you press "F11" when looking at a girl, it will focus on her in the turn summary.

I plan on updating the turn summary screen sometime after I update the brothel flow.

Interdependence between areas: Such as wounded characters from one area being automatically sent to the hospital area via a caretaker such as a matron, or nurses being able to go out 'on call' to heal the sick without them needing to be moved, or food and drink on the farm being shipped to the bar to increase the value of the food and drink sold there.
I started adding food and drinks from the farm into the other buildings but didn't get far on it.
Beasts raised in the farm do go into the brothels' beast pools.
Some jobs do have girls from other buildings making an appearance but not too many.
A girl on free time may stop by another building occasionally.

Shaman or priestess healer profession: in a game where magic is so prevalent, it seems odd that magical healing is not considered a viable option in hospitals. A high magic and Medicine stat could be used instead of high intelligence, or perhaps all three could be used, where the Shaman or Priestess has different options such as causing positive character states, reducing age, increasing or decreasing fertility, giving a girl regeneration to health or stamina that grant them increased recovery in those respective stats for a certain number of turns, etc.
Magic was supposed to be used by doctors and nurses but they never got put in.
I will add them for the next version.

What a woman wears reflecting their potential customer clientelle: A waitress that came naked from the slave bazaar nude may sound like an enticing idea, but it should raise suspicion quickly and limit the kind of clientelle available. In this vein having clothing items you can find or make (since we now have a tailor job) or they are on a slider similar to a girls housing, where having the highest end clothing may be very expensive in situations where it's constantly getting damaged – arena fighting and beast harem, etc, but in things like bartendering it will be much less expensive. Having a higher end clothing will help attract a higher end clientelle.
It is just assumed that the girls are wearing basic clothes unless they have a clothing item equipped.
Several items do affect texts in some jobs and a lot of side texts and free time texts.

Most items do affect charisma and/or beauty which are averaged to get the looks stat.
If looks is 90+ no customer will refuse them.

When I rewrite the brothel flow, the brothels will run from the customer's side instead of the girl's side so there will be different ways of them choosing the girls.

Event suggestion: Having a client offer to trade sums of money, territory or rare items for well trained girls they've come to like.
This is planned but how exactly to implement it is still undecided.

New job: Dungeon Matron – In contrast to the torturer, this woman is tasked with preparing the women to leave the dungeon, building them up rather than tearing them down. A dungeon matron would train girls and work to keep them rested and healthy whether or not they are being tortured as well. This could allow you to make a well trained girl pass her knowledge on to new girls easily – if slowly.
The dungeon code is extremely old and is basically a sub-building of the first brothel.
To add jobs to it would require making it into an actual building and that would take a ton of changes and would disrupt almost all of the game.

The torturer job works in the dungeon similarly to the way matrons work in the other buildings by affecting rebelliousness.

By the way this is not a game suggestion but I was wondering, if there a patreon for the owner of this mod, or should I stick with paypal donations?
There is no patreon that I know of.
I created my paypal button a long time ago and I'm not sure if it still works.

There is a paypal for the pinkpetal.org owners somewhere but I don't know who controls it or where to find it.
Use this one if you can find it, then let me know if it works.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2017, 09:19:08 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Ponderer

« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2017, 06:10:54 AM »

There is a paypal for the pinkpetal.org owners somewhere but I don't know who controls it or where to find it.
Use this one if you can find it, then let me know if it works.

If you want me to pay the original pink petal owner, don't worry, I'll give credit where credit's due! But you're the one working on it now, unless you'd be insulted by someone paying you for some of this work, I want to. Take a look at the state of this game, if someone told me you didn't deserve some recognition for it, they'd be just plain wrong.

I plan on updating the turn summary screen sometime after I update the brothel flow.

I started adding food and drinks from the farm into the other buildings but didn't get far on it.
Beasts raised in the farm do go into the brothels' beast pools.
Some jobs do have girls from other buildings making an appearance but not too many.
A girl on free time may stop by another building occasionally.

Besides my prior suggestions, having a famous studio actress promote the brothel or other establishment occasionally could be another one, either as event: "Your shrewd promoter thought of a way to increase exposure to your buildings and your actresses, but it will take some investment..." or as a temporary job (you can do this once every (x) turns once a character gets (x) fame).

Have a deal with the local merchant wherein they buy your stock (or extra stock) of certain items.  Though keep in mind I think dungeoneering is a bit of a fast track in this game, nevertheless with the implementation of properly challenging money sinks and a slower gradient from struggling newbie to powerful manager, this might be useful!

Magic was supposed to be used by doctors and nurses but they never got put in.

I will add them for the next version.

Is magic a binary state in this game? (Pardon my ignorance) I.e. if a girl doesn't have magic, can she train it like any skill?  I've always liked the idea of some set limits on a girl, I.e. strength, magic affinity, that limit the most you can get out of a stat without assistance. I.e. a pixie monster girl may be able to reach 100 magic, but her limited strength will always leave her lacking for physical damage potential since she's too small and weak to wield a longsword, etc. One thing I do right now in late game is just assign girls via shift click to one roll en masse, i.e. let's say i'm making a brothel, I buy up every girl in the slave market for several turns, and send them all home for personal training regardless of ability because, after enough practice, any girl will max out the stats.

Limiting this will make characters feel more unique and offer the player a reason to delve into them and think strategy with their girls in my opinion. Right now there's a lot to manage, but not a lot of depth in management past a certain point the way I see it, so this was one idea I thought might help.

It is just assumed that the girls are wearing basic clothes unless they have a clothing item equipped.

Think adding a more generic 'clothes' would be too much complication then? Okay.

Several items do affect texts in some jobs and a lot of side texts and free time texts.

Most items do affect charisma and/or beauty which are averaged to get the looks stat.
If looks is 90+ no customer will refuse them.

When I rewrite the brothel flow, the brothels will run from the customer's side instead of the girl's side so there will be different ways of them choosing the girls.
This is planned but how exactly to implement it is still undecided.

I have a lot of ideas on these several points, especially if I understand what you mean by brothel flow. The gameplay loop itself is currently 'get girls, make profit, afford land and more girls, which make further profit'. A simple and satisfying gameplay loop of course, but there's so little to inhibit the player from a constant, fast rising upward trend. I don't feel there's enough to challenge them, the occasional gang raid doesn't really cut it in my case. It'd be interesting to see the player start under the thumb of a crime boss, perhaps related to the same rivals that destroyed your fathers businesses, that decided to keep you around because you're useful.

This would mean that they give you a stipend to run their businesses with, but while you're under their thumb you need to do as they say (complete their objectives in a given timeline) or face their consequences, be it removing a swath of girls, or a game over. I also think it would make more sense to turn the word brothel into business, and businesses should have a potential profit value from lowest profit to highest. I.e. at first, he wants you to run a bar to raise the prestige of the area, you buy and sell (or later make) inventory to serve at the bar, you get rated by critics, and try to make a profit. Do you dare to have girls run as escorts that he doesn't know about to squirrel personal money away?

If you are successful enough, he may reward you by mentioning a business of his he'll "let you" buy and manage, a gambling hall, and only after plenty of satisfied customers can you buy a strip club. Eventually you break free from under his thumb, be it with the help of the law, the help of lesser crime bosses that you've earned the loyalty of, or instead of a coup you strike out on our own thanks the use of well hidden assets that his goons never found out about until it was too late, essentially like 'starting over' where you leave everything you managed for him behind and start anew with him as a rival.

I was about to go into further detail about this idea, but only if you think it's warranted. You let me know if you want to hear the idea further and I'll brainstorm it with ya!

The dungeon code is extremely old and is basically a sub-building of the first brothel.

To add jobs to it would require making it into an actual building and that would take a ton of changes and would disrupt almost all of the game.

I wish I could help in that regard, I'm not even sure what the game is made in, is it VB + XML? I wonder if this game would be a good candidate for an RPG Maker remake. I don't know how to program but I've always wanted, and though I do have autodidactic tendencies, I'm not sure I can learn enough in a timely manner to be useful to you. It is something I've been thinking about though! 

Well, while I'm here, let me post a few more ideas I had.  These are copied and pasted here from a brainstorming file I have, so pardon if it seems terse:
Recovering girls allows one to autoreassign them to their old jobs after release from (or instead of putting them into) the dungeons.

Being able to assign full jobs on release from the dungeon – I.e. 'assign as bartender', 'assign as cobbler', 'assign at random' etc, where it gives the woman both day and night shifts of a particular job immediately rather than moving her over assigned only free time.

Being able to get metadata on an area based on the skill of the caregiver (matron, house head, etc), which would show the average money earned, average skill gained, etc, showing top and bottom performers in their fields.

Being able to assign accomodation levels for all girls in an area, or minimum accomodation levels for that area.

Being able to see the girls pictures, jobs locations or other data in the shop. Sometimes it's hard to find the person you're looking to buy an item for.

Potentially the ability to have girls adventure in the catacombs together, where the more that go in at once, the more challenging things they face. Also, girls that get defeated in the dungeon could get captured, needing to be rescued by scouter gangs or catacomb explorerer gangs. (but I do have a lot more in depth ideas about the catacombs)

The ability to have a girl explore the catacombs for longer periods of time, longer journies give greater rewards. I.e. One small excursion might not bring much, but if she risks herself on deeper journies, she has a higher probability of returning with rarer treasures.

The ability to search for or reject girls based on traits, at slave bazaars, dungeons and the like, this could include statistics (at least C in farming, at least 60 looks) or traits (don't bring back non-constructs from the dungeon)

Have the quality of girls available on a wider scale depending on the players fame and acumen, with more expensive girls requiring more territory or influence (or both) to acquire, likely with higher purchasing costs.

It would be nice to have the lefthand statistics infobar put the currently selected building on top for viewing. I.e. If you've selected to send a girl to the farm, you see her abilities by grade as a farm worker. I.e. if you're working at a farm, if i'm not mistaken, farm data should be at the top, but if you're sending a girl to the farm from the dungeon, it isn't.  Having girls work performance grade data put the currently selected 'release to' job performances up top could be useful.

The ability to have certain mp3's or other sound files play at certain triggers (catacomb success or loss, areas you're in, etc)

It would be nice to be able to 'lock' one profile picture per character, so they don't jump around as you look at the menu, this could also make the girls seem more distinctive (at least at first)

Business reviews to challenge the player to diversify as well as give feedback on how the business is doing.

Edit - probably a lot more typos still left, pardon me, early morning brain is tired.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2017, 10:07:53 AM by Ponderer »