Author Topic: Adding traits and Other difficulties  (Read 3939 times)

Offline Strangedog

Adding traits and Other difficulties
« on: August 30, 2016, 06:28:20 PM »
Okay. First things first, I'm new around here. I've know about the game for about a week now and I quickly found myself sucked into the game's modding content. Thus, I ran into a few issues.

Editing and creating girls is a cinch. But creating traits, buildings, and jobs is a completely different beast. I have looked through the forums extensively, and so far, the only thing I can find on how to do is how to edit the traits file. I cannot add effects to that trait.

I've swam around in Crazy's source code, and I know what I need to do, I just don't know how to apply it to an individual copy of the game. Please assist. Thank you all dearly for such a cool game in advance.  :-*

Offline dullman

Re: Adding traits and Other difficulties
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2016, 09:26:00 AM »
Okay. First things first, I'm new around here. I've know about the game for about a week now and I quickly found myself sucked into the game's modding content. Thus, I ran into a few issues.

Editing and creating girls is a cinch. But creating traits, buildings, and jobs is a completely different beast. I have looked through the forums extensively, and so far, the only thing I can find on how to do is how to edit the traits file. I cannot add effects to that trait.

I've swam around in Crazy's source code, and I know what I need to do, I just don't know how to apply it to an individual copy of the game. Please assist. Thank you all dearly for such a cool game in advance.  :-*

From what i understand WM the traits effects are hardcoded in game meaning you need go (e.g. if you for example want to increase gold gain by 10%) to work file and add few lines of code here, I believe in the beginning traits were planned as something editable since we have a trait file, but from one reason or another it just weren't made.

Offline Strangedog

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2016, 03:33:43 PM »
I understand that, and I am fully prepared to swim through however many lines of code I need to. I just need to know what file in need to edit, because I can't find it for the life of me. I can't tell if I'm just being stupid or if my copy of the game is lacking what I need.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2016, 03:43:21 PM »
if my copy of the game is lacking what I need.

Game is written in a combination of C++, Lua and XML. You prolly need to get the source code from GitHub, if that is the latest and go through it. I think traits are a combination of compiled and readable code (in the release), but it's been a long time since I've looked at it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Strangedog

« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2016, 10:48:16 PM »
Thank you, that's all I needed. You have my most sincere gratitude.  :-*

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2016, 04:35:24 PM »
Traits are hard coded into the game but I made it easy to find things by adding this everywhere traits are edited:
Code: [Select]
// `J` When adding new traits, search for "J-Add-New-Traits"
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug