Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3789150 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9345 on: January 16, 2017, 08:36:10 AM »
It's not a very accurate way, especially for weapon skills. Weapon with higher amount of skills will have higher max menu_pos, no matter how strong these skills are.

There is nothing else... maybe something can be derived from effect/multi or something like that but it feels messy.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9346 on: January 16, 2017, 08:45:58 AM »
We could add a new field to skills, it will be responsible for power level only... I suppose it's fine for beta anyway.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9347 on: January 16, 2017, 11:29:50 AM »
Alright, at the first step I'll balance damage - mage vs mage for spells and warrior vs warrior for weapon skills - to make sure spells/skills deal not too big and not too small damage under equal conditions.
Naturally, weapons are more dangerous for mages/shooters, and spells are more dangerous for warriors/assassins.

Also, even after today nerf elemental traits are very noticeable at any level, as well as items that give secondary elemental traits. In the future, once you add support for items sets, we may even have elemental sets with average stats but superior elemental bonuses.

At the second step, probably tomorrow, I'll balance spells/skills cost. Percentages cost will serve as a secondary limitation, it never will be the only one.

Offline krakr

« Reply #9348 on: January 16, 2017, 06:16:24 PM »
Hi guys, finally got back to work on the fuck texts. I 'm done with all the beautiful & plain texts, should I make one for the ugly bitches too?
Attached are all the 3_3,3_2, 3_1. 2_3, 2_2 and 2_1 texts. Sorry they're all not original, some are just edited versions of a similar encounter, but there's 114 different ones altogether. and well over 50% are straight outta my skull.
I found a couple typos in some of the older ones I already upped here, so these copies supercede any previous ones.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9349 on: January 17, 2017, 06:10:37 AM »
Great, thanks a lot!  :)

Xela, base traits now have defence_multipliers, we cannot rely on stats alone to make classes meaningful in BE. They should be doubled for a single base trait too.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2017, 07:45:58 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9350 on: January 18, 2017, 03:36:46 AM »
Xela, base traits now have defence_multipliers, we cannot rely on stats alone to make classes meaningful in BE. They should be doubled for a single base trait too.

Ghm... ok, what do we double? Just the def multi?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9351 on: January 18, 2017, 04:57:11 AM »
Yes. Since all defence formulas are connected (all use defence), we cannot use only stats to make mage less vulnerable against spells for example. But defence_multiplier does it perfectly.

I found a bug in BE while balancing menu_pos. All multielemental spells ignore the menu_pos field and are always sorted alphabetically.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9352 on: January 19, 2017, 03:04:12 PM »
Well, the balance is not perfect, but it's true for everything in beta. At least it's not terribad anymore. I think defence multiple should be double for single base class after I changed it to
Code: [Select]
                if hasattr(i, "defence_multiplier"):
                    if i in target.traits.basetraits and len(target.traits.basetraits)==1:
                        m = m + 2*i.defence_multiplier.get(self.delivery, 0)
                    else:
                        m = m + i.defence_multiplier.get(self.delivery, 0)
And I think I fixed menu sorting in BE, which is a bit more complex due to lack of comments in that section. I mean, they are sorted now, but I wonder how ctd-proof is it.

Nothing else we can do for BE aside from adding content post beta.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9353 on: January 20, 2017, 04:37:16 AM »
Looks solid! :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9354 on: January 20, 2017, 06:09:39 PM »
In an attempt to display an item.icon in my 3d view, I was trying a transform that positions and zooms the icon, according to the distance and lateral position where it should lie, that is this image after the tranformation, without animation. Without a transform, or with empty [] at_list list the image is shown, with an Transform function in this list, however, it is not. Any idea why this could be occurring?

Edit: probably something caused it to be drawn off screen - I saw the image now with the transform..

transform sprite_default(xx,yy,zz):
    ypos renpy.config.screen_height*yy
    xpos renpy.config.screen_width*xx
    zoom zz
    pause 60
    repeat

#...

renpy.show(icon, at_list=[sprite_default((3 + lateral)/7, 1 - distance/12, 1/(distance+1))])

Added a second level to the dungeon, by the way.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 06:35:43 PM by picobyte »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9355 on: January 21, 2017, 04:06:04 AM »
In an attempt to display an item.icon in my 3d view, I was trying a transform that positions and zooms the icon, according to the distance and lateral position where it should lie, that is this image after the tranformation, without animation. Without a transform, or with empty [] at_list list the image is shown, with an Transform function in this list, however, it is not. Any idea why this could be occurring?

Edit: probably something caused it to be drawn off screen - I saw the image now with the transform..

transform sprite_default(xx,yy,zz):
    ypos renpy.config.screen_height*yy
    xpos renpy.config.screen_width*xx
    zoom zz
    pause 60
    repeat

#...

renpy.show(icon, at_list=[sprite_default((3 + lateral)/7, 1 - distance/12, 1/(distance+1))])

You did not push this code bit. You are prolly correct, zoom is prolly causing sprite to be drawn off screen. You can try adding anchor (.5, .5) or use center/around to try and fix it. Also, you usually want to place a tag instead of an icon as the first argument of your show function, it's easier to hide it later.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9356 on: January 21, 2017, 05:28:02 AM »
@Dark:

I am getting a zero dev error from time to time when building random girls. I think max stats have been pushed down way too much and every now and then, they hit 0. It's really difficult to track down...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9357 on: January 21, 2017, 05:57:07 AM »
I'll take a look.

I accidentally pressed F1 in the game, and it opened empty page in Internet Explorer, even though Firefox is my default browser. Wtf?  :D

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9358 on: January 21, 2017, 06:30:23 AM »
I nerfed some negative max values which I overlooked due to their rareness, and raised initial maxes a bit just in case. If you'll still have the error, I will need archive with all your random chars jsons to track down the problem further, since they are most likely even more outdated than mine.

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9359 on: January 21, 2017, 09:50:56 AM »
You did not push this code bit. You are prolly correct, zoom is prolly causing sprite to be drawn off screen. You can try adding anchor (.5, .5) or use center/around to try and fix it. Also, you usually want to place a tag instead of an icon as the first argument of your show function, it's easier to hide it later.

I try to push code when it works, or at least I think it does. Positioning was one reason, for the err, the other was that the transformation xpos and ypos do not seem to work when they receive floats. Now it is pushed - items (their icons) can now be found on the ground, lighting 3d transformation is applied. They are the "Replica Sword" and "Shuriken"  point item entries.