devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3805511 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #5685 on: September 01, 2015, 12:01:46 PM »
Yeah, I just removed all registrations and used simple conditions for jumping. Works perfectly.

As a not a python coder I can say that the events tracking system is too complex for people such as myself compared to anything else I did for the game. I feel like I have to code the whole game in order to understand the ins and outs. Without such a deep knowledge about the game you have to fight errors constantly, it's a waste of time.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5686 on: September 01, 2015, 01:43:42 PM »
I got nice little infinite loops when I finish quests while exit to the village screen  :)
To avoid it I need to know how to check if a quest was finished or not.

Tagger update. I added a button that opens the folder of the currently selected picture in windows explorer and selects that file there. Might be useful for quick editing.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2015, 03:23:28 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #5687 on: September 01, 2015, 03:48:39 PM »
if pytfall.world_quests.is_complete("Quest Name"):
   # DO something

===
I've told you in the chat that you should have used just the quests system for Karin...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Gismo

« Reply #5688 on: September 01, 2015, 05:05:40 PM »
Here is some work with hero profile screen. If you like, then tomorrow will push, still have to finish the heroes sprites.

Old

New

Items transfer and hero equipment left old, still working on them.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5689 on: September 01, 2015, 06:01:38 PM »
Looks good!
Like what we're doing?

Offline Pseudononymous

• You don't say...
« Reply #5690 on: September 02, 2015, 12:21:38 AM »
Hey gents, sorry for my absence, I've been busy reconstructing my resume, applying to jobs, and remodeling part of my house. I found your post about the bestiary page design/layout back on 372 and I'll get to work on that soon. (Tomorrow) Is there are specific time that we need it by?
"You think I CARE!?"
"Yeah, you're getting really angry about it."

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5691 on: September 02, 2015, 05:10:24 AM »
Gismo, don't forget about a place for elements icons. Currently MC doesn't have them in profile, but he should have them too.

Is there are specific time that we need it by?
We never set a time frame because it's a hobby, not a job  :)
As long as it won't take many months or years, there is nothing to worry about.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 05:15:22 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Gismo

« Reply #5692 on: September 02, 2015, 05:32:13 AM »
Gismo, don't forget about a place for elements icons. Currently MC doesn't have them in profile, but he should have them too.

I have prepared a place for this in the lower-left corner.
BG can be generally easy to change, very good fit all sorts of interiors (depending on the purchased home player).

Screen went not too dark?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5693 on: September 02, 2015, 05:45:31 AM »
No, it's awesome. And that background is great too.

My only concern is that black field where you wrote "Welcome to MC profile screen". It does not fit with the rest of gui elements. I think even our old brown filed or a transparent field will be better.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #5694 on: September 02, 2015, 05:57:55 AM »
Tagger update. I added a button that opens the folder of the currently selected picture in windows explorer and selects that file there. Might be useful for quick editing.
This will be useful, I do that alot  :) Thanks
I also grow accustomed to using masks and other stuff you added (arrows...) and it's really nice to have all those functions, GJ!

--
I finally get to play that Old Hunsmann's ST game so I finally understand some of the old posts here. It's really good.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 06:26:37 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5695 on: September 02, 2015, 06:03:34 AM »
You can just tell me if you have any ideas about improving the tagger.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5696 on: September 02, 2015, 12:05:31 PM »
Fixed a small issue when file name text field didn't updated itself when you deleted a picture. It bothered me for a long time, but I kept forgetting about it  :)
Also now you can reload the picture by clicking on it. I mean the image itself, not the file list.

I finally get to play that Old Hunsmann's ST game so I finally understand some of the old posts here. It's really good.
All his games are extremely cruel though. At some point I decided that there is too much gore and cannibalism for me, and stopped playing his games.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2015, 02:14:15 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5697 on: September 02, 2015, 02:39:04 PM »
Hey gents, sorry for my absence, I've been busy reconstructing my resume, applying to jobs, and remodeling part of my house. I found your post about the bestiary page design/layout back on 372 and I'll get to work on that soon. (Tomorrow) Is there are specific time that we need it by?

Sure, take you time. Just like Dark said, as long as it gets done within a reasonable time-frame.

All his games are extremely cruel though. At some point I decided that there is too much gore and cannibalism for me, and stopped playing his games.

Yeap... problem is that it's a part of the gameworld, I'd prefer that to be unlockable, unique content... so it can be skipped if not desirable. Final couple of updates really brought the game down (imo). Maybe English crew filters it somehow.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5698 on: September 02, 2015, 03:50:41 PM »
Should we rename pytfall.world_quests and pytfall.world_events to wq and we? It's a bit inconvenient to call methods/properties from 3 namespaces across...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5699 on: September 02, 2015, 04:19:35 PM »
We could if you think that this is safe. I mean, it's not safe to use single letters, and doubles are not that different.