devolution

Author Topic: Scripting engine question  (Read 20151 times)

Offline adrian24

Scripting engine question
« on: August 10, 2010, 02:27:43 AM »
Who is working on new scripting engine? I ask this, because I was told it would come out soon, however "soon" is relative term. I'd like to see those "unavailable options" in action (lesbian, gang threesome).

Offline TF

Re: Scripting engine question
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2010, 02:36:12 AM »
DocClox has been handling most of the conversion to Lua, I believe, but he had surgery last week to have his appendix removed, so until he's back, I'm afraid "soon" is probably the best anyone is going to be able to tell you.

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2010, 09:15:32 PM »
To quote 3D Realms "When its done" :D
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2010, 12:21:44 AM »
but hopefully before Duke Nukem Forever :)

Offline adrian24

« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2010, 02:37:04 PM »
I hope you'll reduce quantity of losing HP to torture (except for fragile girls), because it's just wrong for a girl to die of torture if she was in good and full health (near death is still OK).

If you decide to leave torturing equations as it is, it would be a good thing to make an item (emergency medkit for dungeon), that would reduce chance of 100% HP girl dying of a single torture to 0.

Offline TF

« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2010, 03:00:54 PM »
Technically it's not the torture causing the hp loss. If a girl loses the vast majority of her health after you choose to torture her, her rebelliousness was high enough that she attempted to escape and was injured when you and your goons subsequently thwarted her attempt. Torturing in and of itself only knocks off something like 3% of health each time.

That being said, it would be nice if there were some effect after a girl's escape attempt is thwarted. At the moment, she seems just as ready to mount a new attempt the next week and be severely injured once again. Perhaps a failed escape attempt could put a dent in rebellion, or have an elevated chance of removing Iron Will/Fearless traits.

Offline adrian24

« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2010, 03:11:17 PM »
Pc Love - Pc Hate.

I don't know if I'm correct, but if one of the above has any percentage, the other should be zero. Or is there 50% - 50% percent chance for complicated love-hate relationship?  :)

Oh, suggestion for slavery: slaves should be only bought at market and make you less profit (worn out second hand merchandise after all  :) ). Everyone else should be "free" (customer daughters, dungeon girls) until you brand them. Legally though they would be obligated to work for you: see http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=389.30
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 07:21:30 AM by adrian24 »

Offline adrian24

« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2010, 12:06:25 PM »
As for picture formats which pictures are more appropriate: "portrait" type or "landscape" type of .jpg?
Or does it matter either way?

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2010, 01:45:11 PM »
Doesn't really matter. Landscape types tend to "fill in the blanks" better then portrait types the way the summary screen is set up. But portraits don't look godawful either.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline adrian24

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2010, 05:46:50 PM »
Will it be possible to activate some pictures only if there are pre-existing conditions?

For example:
You have girl A and girl B working for you. And you have a lesbian picture of A and B girl together. Is it possible to set up game so that that picture doesn't show up (except in gallery) unless you have both girls?

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2010, 06:20:34 PM »
Doc would have to confirm this but I think you will be able to call specific images with the Lua scripting engine.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2010, 06:31:43 PM »
Yeah, although I'm not sure about allowing interventions for the pics displayed for sex acts and the like.

Then again, it's jut another hook. Trouble is they all need writing...

Offline adrian24

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2010, 05:34:16 PM »
So, how complete is new scripting engine? 80%? When do you think it will be ready and downloadable?

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2010, 11:21:45 PM »
Doc's working on it, and he's in the hospital again right now, so it may be awhile.

Offline adrian24

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2010, 07:40:54 AM »
Doc's working on it, and he's in the hospital again right now, so it may be awhile.

Again?! Post-surgery complications? Sepsis?