Author Topic: A no-cheating strategy guide for getting started in WM+  (Read 5710 times)

Offline Anon21

A no-cheating strategy guide for getting started in WM+
« on: August 17, 2011, 06:26:21 AM »
Hi, hi.

I'm just going to note down game-play hints as I continue to fiddle with the code and try out the results. Much of the following is based on my personal gameplay style, so take with a large pinch of salt.

* Starting money.

I suggest getting one slave and one gang. Gangs cost 1000 gold to hire initially, now, so just pick the best one on offer.  You can get another gang when you have 2000+ gold and your brothel is making a profit most of the time.  If you want to be cautious with your money, forget the gang till later.

* Catacombs.

Exploring catacombs with girls is a risky strategy when you first start. It's probably better to get established before sending them down there.

Girls will get the crap kicked out of them if they are not skilled, experienced or well-equipped. I suggest picking a high combat / magic slave initially and going to the shop. 1000 gold or so will change an OK fighter into a good fighter. Some jobs are also good at increasing combat skills (e.g. Beast Mistress, Security). Note that as they increase in level the skill caps will increase so they can actually have magic / combat of over 100.

The easiest way to make money from the catacombs is to find random girls, brand them and sell them as slaves. This gets you 'evil points' though, so nice guys shouldn't use this strategy.  ;)

You should find that elite gangs and adventurous girls (90+ combat or magic) will bring back better items and more gold (although it is still very random).

Massively valuable items are much rarer now* and can only be found by high level girls.

* Only applies if the items.itemsx file you are using uses the rarity values properly. Catacomb15 (least rare) Catacomb05 (rarer) and Catacomb01 (very rare) are the ones you should use to make sure items turn up in the catacombs in the right place.
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 04:18:23 PM by Anon21 »

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
Re: A no-cheating strategy guide for getting started in WM+
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2011, 06:40:05 PM »
Um I haven't been active in a community for a long time soooo.. whats WM+?
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2011, 06:55:12 PM »
anon21's updated version.

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2011, 07:03:49 PM »
Ok I think I found it (WM+ search didnt work so I just looked for all his post =p )

Edit: File not detected .... indeed =D
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!