Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3811941 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #9090 on: December 02, 2016, 07:28:25 AM »
here the base of nearly all bras.. (from it i should be able to cut down almost any bra design as its large enough)

1600x1200..

800x600..

Base doesn't look great bu once i remove whats not needed for the design i would look awesome..
unlike Illusion honey select i wont be only applying a bra texture with whats not needed as transparent but will trim whats not needed as i dont know how your colorize works yet..

Probably not mentioned before but anything i do like this to fit the test stripper wear will work on any pose as im animating the clothing from base to reach this pose.. ( so now im building the clothing library while showing how it looks on that test model )
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 09:51:30 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9091 on: December 02, 2016, 10:33:52 AM »
The base panty with different panty cut from it.. (like bra it covers enough skin to nearly cut any panty type out of if)

1600x1200..

800x600..

Of course there should be more with addons on it or transparent materials in some parts to give the lace effect on it but as long as we have a base and find design to cut/texture we are good
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 10:36:12 AM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #9092 on: December 02, 2016, 04:23:37 PM »
Hmmm how exactly does your colorize work ??

you add the same amount of color to every pixels ?
you mix the same amount of color to every pixels ?
you add color with color ramp letting you chose whos pixels get more or less color ?
you use another method ?

can you keep transparency if i add it ( fully transparent should be alright but what about just a little less ? )

if i understand how it works i could prepare the parts or normals to make sure it looks good after colorize..

or could you make me a stand alone version of your tool so i could mix myself and get the desired result.. even for body color ?

Function:

im.Recolor    (im, rmul=255, gmul=255, bmul=255, amul=255, force_alpha=False, **properties):

This adjusts the colors of the supplied image, im. It takes four arguments, rmul, gmul, bmul and amul, corresponding to the red, green, blue and alpha channels, with each being an integer between 0 and 255. Each channel has its value mapped so that 0 is 0, 255 is the argument supplied for that channel, and other values are linearly mapped in-between.

This is what we use. There is a more modern way, but I haven't tried it our yet:

https://www.renpy.org/doc/html/displayables.html#im-matrixcolor

I can prolly rip the doll code out of br but it's gonna take a while and you've seen what it does. Also, in all likelihood, I will write a different class for pytfall anyway.

There is also this function:

Function:

im.Twocolor    (im, white, black, force_alpha=False, **properties):

This takes as arguments two colors, white and black. The image is mapped such that pixels in white have the white color, pixels in black have the black color, and shades of gray are linearly interpolated inbetween. The alpha channel is mapped linearly between 0 and the alpha found in the white color, the black color's alpha is ignored.

Or we can write out own custom function... I am not good with coloring stuff in any software, you tell me what you need and I'll try to find out what the best approach might be, assuming it's possible at all.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2016, 04:27:58 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9093 on: December 02, 2016, 05:26:48 PM »
Hmm ok hard to know how it works the way i do as code like as i use Blender or UE4 material nodes or compositor with images or renders i can use a large panel of math function combined with color / vector / converters to extract mix combine differ what i need.. ( best would be for you to go check the nodes in blender to see what im talking about and since those node replace real programming function you should be able to replicate it code wise to get a optimal recoloring function)

Also i found out how to extract body parts more efficiently now.. witch makes the template to extract the body parts and wearable item nearly good for anyone to use.. ( now for clothing i just need to import it set 1 on object index.. set resolution i want then press render thats all.. and this works with any loaded pose) but i need to improve how we get the clothing in..

For the body parts we are limited as its rendered images and not a 3d engine so i need to see what can be done and see whats the layer order needed for it to work.. for boobs size its all set but id like to combine it with pregnancy with any boobs size and the 3 body types (loli/young/mature)

If you think on something else that we need for the body parts let me know..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9094 on: December 02, 2016, 07:35:52 PM »
Hmm ok hard to know how it works the way i do as code like as i use Blender or UE4 material nodes or compositor with images or renders i can use a large panel of math function combined with color / vector / converters to extract mix combine differ what i need.. ( best would be for you to go check the nodes in blender to see what im talking about and since those node replace real programming function you should be able to replicate it code wise to get a optimal recoloring function)

I am not sure that the effort it would take to get Ren'Py to mimic whatever Blender is doing would justify what we'll get out of it. On top of that, Blender is also using a python package written in C to mess with colors that isn't a part of standard library, we cannot import that into Ren'Py without rebuilding the engine itself (which is not an easy task and would have to be done on every update). So I'd have to go over C code, rewrite it to Python, figure out what Blender does with it, how to transform that to standard color matrix to (maybe) get a marginally better results...

For the body parts we are limited as its rendered images and not a 3d engine so i need to see what can be done and see whats the layer order needed for it to work.. for boobs size its all set but id like to combine it with pregnancy with any boobs size and the 3 body types (loli/young/mature)

Which adds even more rendering time for every pose in every dress :(

If you think on something else that we need for the body parts let me know..

I am not the right person to be asking this. My motto is to start with simple stuff and build on that. Doing complex stuff right off the bat always kills the project/concept.

We cannot preserve alpha channel using the old function. I believe that we can using the new function and a lot more but some some practice is needed to make it work for us. For now I have an idea how to get it to preserve original alpha channel.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9095 on: December 02, 2016, 07:50:44 PM »
Alright.. if you coulnd think of anything instantly but even more render time then its good lol.. i will restrict pregnancy to profile and some specific action to cut down its rendering needs so boobs and body types.. i need to know in advance else it will be harder to change later on..

ill start with 1 body type no boobs change to make the first pack but whats needed for other body types are done.. ill try making 1 and see whats missing..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9096 on: December 02, 2016, 09:24:38 PM »
PMed you a test project so you could take a look at the recoloring. I figured out that the way it works is that it takes rgba channels and remaps them between 0 and whatever value the original image has. So it will preserve Alpha and white(ish) images are still the best. That they call "tinting".

I believe that if we need to, we can write a function that can remap anything to anything... but I am not entirely sure how to write one that does the job better than the one we already have. It may be a thing to just apply matrices randomly and see which results we like most but that may take a while. In either case, we have a capable class already and we can improve in the future if needs be. The only thing I can think of is a function that can also scale up instead of just down...
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9097 on: December 03, 2016, 06:33:53 AM »
Ok i see whats not working right for some items in the recolor.. its the lack of control for brightness/contrast ( and thats why so far everything thats closer to white works better as its the brightest without colors ) usually when i recolor texture like the body part i use a HUE node it gives the control needed ( hue / saturation / value )

Hue:           to change the color (not sure how this works but best recolor system as whatever original set of colors he can uniformly change them around rgb)
Saturation: to gain or lose color (can turn any colored texture to BW after losing all its color or can do the reverse)
Value:         intensify its base color +/-

Saturation/value are like bright/contrast but different

Its a balance or Saturation/Value to get the right result when you found the color tint..
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 06:43:57 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #9098 on: December 03, 2016, 10:17:39 AM »
Nice i was able to import xps hair and join rigs so the pose the same..

1600x1200..

800x600..

From: http://moogleoutfitters.deviantart.com/art/Skysims-casual-bun-405044140 ( lots to choose from.. might need rerig some or adapt to my char head )
Of course i could desaturate it to max for the recolor process 
Also i did it before and its realy easy to customize the general look adding bangs or hair in general..

« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 10:25:55 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #9099 on: December 03, 2016, 02:32:32 PM »
I'm having strange problems with BE, label city_beach_monsters_fight. When BE starts, all enemies are located at the very same place inside BE instead of being on three different levels.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9100 on: December 04, 2016, 05:24:32 AM »
I am in process of moving to a different city so if it's something complex, I can only fix it in 5 or 6 days.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9101 on: December 04, 2016, 05:37:49 AM »
I'm having strange problems with BE, label city_beach_monsters_fight. When BE starts, all enemies are located at the very same place inside BE instead of being on three different levels.

Fixed, you cannot use one mob object 3 times, you need to copy that object or better yet, just create 3 objects.
Like what we're doing?

Offline picobyte

« Reply #9102 on: December 04, 2016, 12:59:22 PM »
More changes in group management are available for merging. It adds, in my op, useful functionality, but you indicated you wanted to stabilize, so lets discuss. In case you don't want it now, though, but do later, then it'll be up to you to resolve arisen merge conflicts.

Most notable function changes:
* A subset of the original group can be target for items transfer and equip. The character names are clickable to include/exclude it as a target.
* It is possible to click an item, owned by a part of the group, to select all members of the  group that own this item.
* Similarly items equipped by a part of the group can be clicked to select the members that have it equipped.
* If there are alternate items, for other members, for this equipment slot, then clicking the slot again will select those members with this next item equipped.
* There's an select all persons button.

Explanation is less intuitive than just trying it.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 01:03:22 PM by picobyte »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9103 on: December 04, 2016, 03:16:13 PM »
Sounds reasonable.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9104 on: December 05, 2016, 12:39:01 AM »

Items transfer still doesn't work like it did. You are supposed to have the same container with character listed from both sides.

Edit:
Also, there seem to be instances when you get a huge list of traits removed (top-right part of the screen) when focusing an item on a group.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:22:31 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?