Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3807623 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #6240 on: November 24, 2015, 05:51:48 AM »
Hm. Alright, I'll only change tags for locations pictures then. Thankfully, we can customize GM pics as much as we want already.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6241 on: November 24, 2015, 06:56:29 AM »
Yeap, that will be useful :)

I got an hour off so I am trying to debug some stuff in Bar job. Sim'Py is difficult to debug because it has it's own error reporting mechanism, I have not yet looked into how to make it work with Ren'Py better than it does by default... prolly cause I expect that it'll be very complicated cr@p to take care off and may not be worth the effort.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6242 on: November 25, 2015, 12:48:26 PM »
We have some non-sprite backgroundless pictures, with no bg tag. They could use a white background whenever we show them instead of the current black one.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6243 on: November 27, 2015, 03:38:55 AM »
Small things like this we can fix after everything else is done.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6244 on: November 27, 2015, 09:36:08 AM »
Well, there is not much I can do at this point rather than testing the game or building packs, so I test it to find even small issues and work on another random char. Because

- Moar quests mean SE
- Classes should be synchronized with actually existing, coded jobs before I'll begin to use them actively without the fear of them being removed from the game
- Matrix-based exploration requires a way to change party members from an arbitrary pool of characters without access to MC screen

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6245 on: November 27, 2015, 01:57:29 PM »
SE is just a way of acquiring items/moving quests to next step, they should not prevent anything.

Classes you can take care of yourself if you like, we at the very least need a better normalization routine when assigning them.

You'll have to clarify on the click-and-point exploration cause I don't really understand why party change screen is required there.

==
And there is a lot more you can do, for once you can offer more opinions on what jobs should be like.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6246 on: November 28, 2015, 08:40:55 AM »
SE is just a way of acquiring items/moving quests to next step, they should not prevent anything.
I mean I cannot finish existing ones properly atm.

Classes you can take care of yourself if you like, we at the very least need a better normalization routine when assigning them.
I dunno. Let's say we have a dancer class, but in fact there will be no dancing at all, except maybe for striptease, and that job has strippers already. So dancer class will be quite useless.

You'll have to clarify on the click-and-point exploration cause I don't really understand why party change screen is required there.
- we cannot guarantee that MC is able to fight. Moreover he might or might not be able to fight regardless of class, it's up to players. Sure, a warrior will do it better, but non-warrior still could or could not be used in BE.
- as you find new chars during exploration, you could add them to your party, replacing those with low health for example.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6247 on: November 28, 2015, 08:46:39 AM »
I dunno. Let's say we have a dancer class, but in fact there will be no dancing at all, except maybe for striptease, and that job has strippers already. So dancer class will be quite useless.

That's what I meant as part of jobs discussion, what jobs will have have and how far will we take them...?

- we cannot guarantee that MC is able to fight. Moreover he might or might not be able to fight regardless of class, it's up to players. Sure, a warrior will do it better, but non-warrior still could or could not be used in BE.
- as you find new chars during exploration, you could add them to your party, replacing those with low health for example.

I think that is a bit clumsy, there are plenty of games where changing teammembers in combat areas/without returning to base is not possible.

Lets keep things simple! We are working on too much already.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6248 on: November 28, 2015, 09:43:09 AM »
Ok, I'll take a look at jobs code for a start. All jobs are in classes - jobs rpy, right?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6249 on: November 28, 2015, 11:09:00 AM »
Ok, I'll take a look at jobs code for a start. All jobs are in classes - jobs rpy, right?

It's scattered at the moment, but all of it should be in jobs folder.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6250 on: November 29, 2015, 05:31:21 AM »
            # Lesbian Act
            elif self.client.act == 'lesbian':

self.skill = "vaginal" # May be overwriten!...
It's too simple. Checked skill should be based on selected picture (dunno how to do it in terms of code, you show pics after you select skill there).
Also in some cases we could use several skills to check (lesbian group for example), but it could wait for next release. Lesbian actions however cannot.

This too.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2015, 06:21:35 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6251 on: November 29, 2015, 06:55:03 AM »
Atm only bar brawls require guards? Clients never attack whores, don't try to rape someone?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6252 on: November 29, 2015, 06:59:11 AM »
I recall we had various actions during rest depending on girl traits in the very beginning. Not anymore though. What happened to them?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6253 on: November 29, 2015, 10:57:01 AM »
It's too simple. Checked skill should be based on selected picture (dunno how to do it in terms of code, you show pics after you select skill there).
Also in some cases we could use several skills to check (lesbian group for example), but it could wait for next release. Lesbian actions however cannot.

Why is it too simple? I also complete disagree that mechanics should be guided by content, that will create a cluster f*ck in code and gameplay. We cannot think that way...

This too.

Messy... but prolly doable. These checks are very costly in terms of code clarity :( I'll take a look at it.

Atm only bar brawls require guards? Clients never attack whores, don't try to rape someone?

ATM, it's neither, I want to have normal BE calculate the combat. It'll require a lot of coding so events are not working atm. Maybe I'll restore old events first, I am not sure yet.

I recall we had various actions during rest depending on girl traits in the very beginning. Not anymore though. What happened to them?

Removed for now. Most traits we checked are now gone, some were replaced with base-traits that are not named in the same way. Rest now is also working differently.

===
Jobs/Businesses have been completely rewritten. That opens a lot of possibilities but I still don't have the loops perfected (yet). General logic seems to be working really well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #6254 on: November 29, 2015, 01:57:01 PM »
Why is it too simple? I also complete disagree that mechanics should be guided by content, that will create a cluster f*ck in code and gameplay. We cannot think that way...
Lesbian actions are much more varied then others. What if there is strapon+anal or 69 action, yet we keep checking vaginal for everything?

Removed for now. Most traits we checked are now gone, some were replaced with base-traits that are not named in the same way. Rest now is also working differently.
I don't see them even in comments. Doesn't matter, I'll recreate them using available pics instead, like issue 136 says.