devolution

Author Topic: girlx file question  (Read 4902 times)

Offline adrian24

girlx file question
« on: August 09, 2010, 09:29:13 AM »
Is it possible to merge a couple of .xgirls files? For example, if I have 10 of these files, 3 girls each, could I make one new file that would contain 30 girls?

I'd love to avoid having manually rewrite every stat for each girl.

Also, can I break up that file into smaller ones (quantitatively speaking)?

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
Re: girlx file question
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2010, 10:09:04 AM »
With editor open first file, then the second and so on, when you're done just save as new file. Ofc, removing original files after would be a good idea or there will be duplicate girls.

Offline TF

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 03:20:39 PM »
And, in my experience, you have to start a new game after you've finished compiling everything. I have a couple packs that are pretty large and incorporate a lot of other people's work, if you don't mind the large download. I've already compiled them down to one .girlsx file for each pack (although it's a separate download for the first pack.) The girls contained in each pack are listed in Mehzerz' Master list (linked in the second post.) Then again, maybe you really like the girls you're working with at the moment.

Here's the  combo packs, if you're interested:  http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=334.0

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 03:27:42 PM »
With editor open first file, then the second and so on, when you're done just save as new file. Ofc, removing original files after would be a good idea or there will be duplicate girls.

Actually, you'd do better to keep the name the same as one of the existing files. WM doesn't even touch existing .girlsx files which it has listed in the .gam.mast file. Otherwise, if it's a new name, WM will think it's new and load it when you open an old savegame and you will therefore end up with duplicate girls.

Offline adrian24

« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2010, 02:20:06 AM »
1. When it comes to naming pictures, is there a difference is I name a picture Profile1, Profile_1 or Profile 01?

2. And I've read in some thread that I can one picture in multiple events, but need to name it like this: BDSMSex1 .
If I do, do I need next sex picture name Sex2, or can I still name it Sex1 and there won't be any problems?

3. If I delete picture from set, for example Sex2, will that create problem with that pack, or will game simply replace it by some default picture?

Offline TF

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2010, 02:44:24 AM »
1. I've never actually seen any pictures with spaces or underscores, so I couldn't say for sure, but to be safe I'd go with Profile1 (or Profile01, as I usually name it, just because I'm that anal about organizing my files.)

2. Never heard that.

3. I've played games with pictures that skip numbers in the sequence before, and I know that the game didn't lock up at all because of it. Whether the pics after the missing number actually showed up in the game, I couldn't say for sure, but I'm guessing that they would.

Offline adrian24

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2010, 04:16:07 AM »
Never heard that.

This is quote from "Creating girls walkthrough" thread:

You can also combine Preg with the other categories (I'm not certain what it does in game, but it is allegedly supported.  The format is Preg[category][ID].[ext], so a pregnant BDSM pic would be "PregBDSM 1.jpg" as an example.

So if I name a pic "BDSM1" after I named that multi-used picture, will I have problems?

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2010, 10:06:12 AM »
1. When it comes to naming pictures, is there a difference is I name a picture Profile1, Profile_1 or Profile 01?

2. And I've read in some thread that I can one picture in multiple events, but need to name it like this: BDSMSex1 .
If I do, do I need next sex picture name Sex2, or can I still name it Sex1 and there won't be any problems?

3. If I delete picture from set, for example Sex2, will that create problem with that pack, or will game simply replace it by some default picture?

I actually played around with all these and wrote about them a while back. but they're buried pretty deep in the form so I don't mind reposting the info.

1. No, no difference. The rule is that the label (sex , group, profile, etc) needs to appear in the beginning of the file name. So sex1, sex 1, sexone, sex_(4) and Sexytime6556 all work.

2. That doesn't work. The game would just put it into BDSM. There are however sub classes of preg pictures (pregsex and the like) not sure if those are implemented though.

3. It won't notice it at all. The numbering scheme is just to get a bunch of pics with the same name in the folder. Even having 3 pics named Sex1, Sex 1 and Sex_01 won't confuse the game either.   
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: August 10, 2010, 03:37:36 PM »
There are however sub classes of preg pictures (pregsex and the like) not sure if those are implemented though.

Those do work now as of 1.30.3 beta r485, but not in older versions.