Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3813841 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3390 on: August 21, 2014, 02:25:01 AM »
How are we going to use evacuation portal with automatic exploration? Girls are supposed to do it on low health or something?

I am not sure yet, a small chance when a girl is about to die maybe. It's not failsafe system. Maybe a special upgrade to increase the chances significantly at a high cost.

Speak up if you have any ideas :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3391 on: August 21, 2014, 03:28:07 AM »
I am not sure yet, a small chance when a girl is about to die maybe. It's not failsafe system. Maybe a special upgrade to increase the chances significantly at a high cost.

If the equipment for explores is still alive, I would propose to  throw that instant escape thing into some sort of item and one somehow expensive so it would be a really last resort use only. Maybe in form of a capsule, smoke bomb, small device or a glass pebble when broken it will teleport the user to place where the pebble was created (mage tower).

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3392 on: August 21, 2014, 06:34:17 AM »
About that dimensional rifts concept. Does it mean that the exploration party doesn't have to fight just what appear in the cursed forest, but also go through those rifts to different words?
What I want to ask is, does it mean we can create a totally unrelated locations to fight in? Let's say, portal to lava lake with fire monsters, or candy land full of evil lolis and stuffed bears...
(just asking, as it seems I missed this part before)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 09:02:23 AM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3393 on: August 21, 2014, 08:48:08 AM »

Well, it probably should depend on team's leader, she should make the decision to teleport out. Meaning more chance with traits like edgy and less with traits like fearless.
Also when there are casualties already, the remaining team should have high chances to use it.

Finally, since it's supposed to be expensive, I guess you could allow or disallow to use teleportation, either for every single team or for all.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3394 on: August 21, 2014, 10:02:14 AM »
About that dimensional rifts concept. Does it mean that the exploration party doesn't have to fight just what appear in the cursed forest, but also go through those rifts to different words?
What I want to ask is, does it mean we can create a totally unrelated locations to fight in? Let's say, portal to lava lake with fire monsters, or candy land full of evil lolis and stuffed bears...
(just asking, as it seems I missed this part before)

Nah, create a you did before, no need to overcomplicate things.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3395 on: August 21, 2014, 11:14:45 AM »
In terms of plot, even if there are two-sided rifts that lead to other worlds, it's still too dangerous to go through, especially if we talking about candy land full of evil lolis. Because they can close themselves at any time (I wonder if anyone here watched Sliders tv show...)
But if those lolis come to "our" side looking for troubles, why not?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3396 on: August 21, 2014, 12:16:36 PM »
ok...
You've missed the concept discussion, those are unstable magical areas where sh!t just keeps pouring in from different dimensions. Those areas change within themselves a bit but there are all near the city. In fact, I am meaning to add mechanics to obscure exploration progress as time passes by (loosing access to location you haven't visited in a while) and maybe twisting rewards (no ideas on how to do the latter yet).

So the loosing access part doesn't mean you cannot go somewhere (to candy world) because you always couldn't, but it means that something can't go to Pytfall anymore (no candy appearing in the cursed forest anymore).
I suppose I get it now... it's a bit less appealing but easier for the plot for sure.
But it would be hard to get so many different forest pics if everything ends there  :)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 12:23:17 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3397 on: August 21, 2014, 12:42:50 PM »
Finding many decent forest pics is much easier than any other type of terrain. Maybe except beach.
That's why we have a forest as the first territory for explorations, not some dungeon or cave.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #3398 on: August 21, 2014, 01:21:46 PM »
Something unrelated: What about changing the general store BG to something less modern? I found these:

And also the waitress in cafe have some image quality issues, would you mind if I change her for someone else? (or I can repair her if she's someone you like)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2014, 01:28:45 PM by CherryWood »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3399 on: August 21, 2014, 01:29:36 PM »
I dislike the third picture, first two are fine.
As for the waitress, I recall Xela wanted to use random girls as waitresses and clerks, so she is like a placeholder. Maybe he changed his mind though.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3400 on: August 21, 2014, 05:09:04 PM »
Something unrelated: What about changing the general store BG to something less modern? I found these:

And also the waitress in cafe have some image quality issues, would you mind if I change her for someone else? (or I can repair her if she's someone you like)

You can change/add locations/pictures/sprites/texts without asking, we can always fall back later.

I really like the one in the middle btw.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3401 on: August 22, 2014, 10:17:02 AM »
- We are assuming that MC's father lived in the city for some time.
- We can't use pregnancy system effectively to cover incest fetish because our turns are days, not weeks (and I don't want to change it).
- Xela dislikes the idea of pregnancy acceleration.
- We will have clones for breeding instead of MC's children anyway.
- AG has tons of lines for MC's sisters.
Just saying.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2014, 10:18:53 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3402 on: August 22, 2014, 11:19:49 AM »
LoL Just randomly typing thoughts or was this prompted by something?

There were some decent ideas for acceleration... we have other potentially far more engaging stuff to develop atm.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3403 on: August 22, 2014, 11:59:54 AM »
I don't know. Do we need half-sister trait for random girls, and even unique ones too if a pack maker/player wants it?
Because in terms of dialogues it will be super easy.

I don't understand the difference between $rc and $g in girlsmeets. Looks like they are interchangeable, is that so?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3404 on: August 22, 2014, 12:13:42 PM »
I don't know. Do we need half-sister trait for random girls, and even unique ones too if a pack maker/player wants it?
Because in terms of dialogues it will be super easy.

I expected unique cases like that to be handled through unique labels. But if you feel traits are doable, it could work.

I don't understand the difference between $rc and $g in girlsmeets. Looks like they are interchangeable, is that so?

$ rc("line 1", "line 2", "line 3") # It stands for random choice.
$ g("line 1") # Just one line.

The main difference is that g is also bound to renpy script so you can write:

g "line 1" # without the dollar sign. That is not possible with rc which is a python function.

Without rc you'd have to do this all over the place:

$ g(choice(["line 1", "line 2", "line 3"])) # so rc does nothing but wrapping the choice function/list creation for convenience of the content creator.
Like what we're doing?