Author Topic: Traits, Stats and Skill Discussion  (Read 92556 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Traits, Stats and Skill Discussion
« Reply #120 on: July 26, 2015, 11:52:43 AM »
What would you say about these, gentlemen?
I like them but I'm not sure how much of it would be useful in the game.
I'll take a look and see what I can do with them.

Also, I'd like to ask how RandomChance works here. Does it activate only when there are no .rgirls files in the Characters folder? Or if no girl is assigned to a (Dungeon or Market)? Can .rgirls be influenced by RandomChance at all?
RandomChance is currently only used for the hard coded random girl.

For .rgirls, only what is in the file gets used.
You can have more than 40 traits in .rgirls files but only the first 40 that are randomly chosen get added to the girl.
Put the all 100% traits in first so they will always get chosen then put the lesser % traits after them.

And another question. What is the breast size order, from smallest to largest?
Trait    # in code    Approximate bra cup size
"Flat Chest"    0    -
"Petite Breasts"    1    A
"Small Boobs"    2    B
No trait    3    C
"Busty Boobs"    4    D
"Big Boobs"    5    E
"Giant Juggs"    6    F
"Massive Melons"    7    G
"Abnormally Large Boobs"    8    H
"Titanic Tits"    9    I
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Silent Guy

« Reply #121 on: July 26, 2015, 02:52:21 PM »
I like them but I'm not sure how much of it would be useful in the game.
I'll take a look and see what I can do with them.
If they fit in, I might come up with a few items to go with these. Combs, shampoos, magical or otherwise, stuff like that. But you'll have to ask somebody else to estimate the percentages and amount increased, I'm afraid. Also got a rough idea for a building - Beauty Salon? - that could handle the tatooing, scarring, and improve happiness.

On the other hand, this might bog down an already complex game.

RandomChance is currently only used for the hard coded random girl.

For .rgirls, only what is in the file gets used.
You can have more than 40 traits in .rgirls files but only the first 40 that are randomly chosen get added to the girl.
Put the all 100% traits in first so they will always get chosen then put the lesser % traits after them.
Aha! About the hard-coded one, I understand that she covers both Slave Market and Dungeon. If there are any .rgirls for any of these sources, but not for the other (for example, a couple of monstergirls only), does the hard-coded random girl get generated for the other source (in the same example, the city market)?

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #122 on: July 27, 2015, 05:00:44 AM »
Since we have tomboys, here's the opposite.

<Trait
        Name="Girly"
        Desc="She's very feminine and likes things like flowers, dresses, wearing pink and activities which are associated with the traditional gender role of a girl."
        Type="Mental"
        InheritChance="1"
        RandomChance="5" /

Stat suggestions: +5 Charisma, +10 Refinement, -5 Constitution, -10 Strength; +10 Enjoy Cooking, Cleaning, work Nurse; - 10 Enjoy Combat, work Security, work Farm.

New stats and enjoyments have been included in the game since Tomboy was added so it could be updated. Girly trait enjoyments with the sign changed are a good starting point imo.

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #123 on: July 30, 2015, 09:06:15 AM »
If they fit in, I might come up with a few items to go with these. Combs, shampoos, magical or otherwise, stuff like that. But you'll have to ask somebody else to estimate the percentages and amount increased, I'm afraid. Also got a rough idea for a building - Beauty Salon? - that could handle the tatooing, scarring, and improve happiness.

On the other hand, this might bog down an already complex game.
Aha! About the hard-coded one, I understand that she covers both Slave Market and Dungeon. If there are any .rgirls for any of these sources, but not for the other (for example, a couple of monstergirls only), does the hard-coded random girl get generated for the other source (in the same example, the city market)?

I'm guilty as charged of suggesting a load of traits that were added to the already long trait list.
IMO, there's starting to be too much of them (despite that I personally would like as many as possible...). When it comes to hair shape/style I'd move those to separate categories serving more of a description purpose than a trait one. Maybe throw in skin color/ eye color/ hair color stats there as well.
I'd also like to re-suggest once again about moving the race and class traits to their own categories, although they'd obviously have a gameplay influence. Main reason for this is easing up the space all the traits together take up as of now.
The biggest downside of this, would be the need to, once again, re-work all the current girl packs in existence for the game. Not a problem for me - since my personal girl "packs" include just images because I'm still waiting for possible development changes before I implement their proper files in WME.
But I imagine a lot of people are tired of editing them.

<Trait        Name="Treasure Hunter"        Desc="This girl has an innate ability to find treasure"        Type="Action" />

I believe the "Adventurer" trait could serve this very purpose.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 09:09:02 AM by 0nymous »

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #124 on: July 30, 2015, 11:28:37 AM »

The biggest downside of this, would be the need to, once again, re-work all the current girl packs in existence for the game. Not a problem for me - since my personal girl "packs" include just images because I'm still waiting for possible development changes before I implement their proper files in WME.
But I imagine a lot of people are tired of editing them.

I believe the "Adventurer" trait could serve this very purpose.

I totally agree with you.
And in addition . if you are going to write scripts, getting new traits which you have to keep in mind makes that not easier...

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #125 on: July 31, 2015, 03:58:06 AM »
I'd love to see an option in the girl generator to sort the attributes alphabetically.  Sorting by groups is nice, but if I know a trait is 'xxx', I really wish I didn't have to remember that the trait is in category 'yyy' in order to find it.

Offline toradrow777

« Reply #126 on: August 17, 2015, 01:33:09 PM »
Can this work in Whore Master with Crazy's Mod?

Offline SleepDeprivedPent

« Reply #127 on: August 17, 2015, 08:34:20 PM »
I totally agree with you.
And in addition . if you are going to write scripts, getting new traits which you have to keep in mind makes that not easier...

From what I gathered from reading a couple pages of the source code, each trait is hard coded into the game. so, every time if you want to add a trait that is not cosmetic in nature, you need to edit the source code and recompile it. seems to me like there should a better way of doing this...

e.g.
let's say if we do the following

Since we have tomboys, here's the opposite.

<Trait
        Name="Girly"
        Desc="She's very feminine and likes things like flowers, dresses, wearing pink and activities which are associated with the traditional gender role of a girl."
        Type="Mental"
        InheritChance="1"
        RandomChance="5" /

Stat suggestions: +5 Charisma, +10 Refinement, -5 Constitution, -10 Strength; +10 Enjoy Cooking, Cleaning, work Nurse; - 10 Enjoy Combat, work Security, work Farm.

The girly trait must be added to the traits main code page, then added to each of the individual codes that this particular trait affects... so if she were to get some sort of bonus for working as a nurse it needs to be added to the nurse job code page, or punishment for working on the farm, it needs to be added to the farms jobs code page. etc.

along the same note, jobs (at least the ones in the mod) refers the traits by name, as well a set of core values, so instead of -5 constitution affecting how the job performance is if you are girly, it would call upon the girly trait set a set of conditions to follow, then calculate the something using the core values.
downside of this is that, you can't just take trait out of the core code, and add it to traits.xml it wouldn't do anything to help automate the process of adding new traits. not to mention you need to re-code every existing job.

but then again, I am probably talking out of my ass with how little I know of the actual code. so this could be a misunderstanding on my part

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #128 on: August 18, 2015, 06:57:09 PM »

The girly trait must be added to the traits main code page, then added to each of the individual codes that this particular trait affects... so if she were to get some sort of bonus for working as a nurse it needs to be added to the nurse job code page, or punishment for working on the farm, it needs to be added to the farms jobs code page. etc.

Stat, skill and enjoyment modifiers from traits are handled in cGirls.cpp.

Offline SleepDeprivedPent

« Reply #129 on: August 18, 2015, 09:42:14 PM »
Stat, skill and enjoyment modifiers from traits are handled in cGirls.cpp.

That's what I mean, it is coded in a way where every time you add a new trait you need to include it in the cGirls.cpp then recompile it for the game to use it for anything.
for example, if you were to add an addition trait adding another level of the Breast sizes, you would need to specifically add it, then add the affected values. Then re-compile to make changes.
Since the game already calls the traits.xml file that is easily modified outside of the game, if you were to convert the code to calculate a predefined value, it should automate the process.

If you took
"Flat Chest"
"Petite Breasts"   
"Small Boobs"
(no trait)
"Busty Boobs"
"Big Boobs"
"Giant Juggs"
"Abnormally Large Boobs"   
"Massive Melons"
have the game read breasts sub-traits as a table, sort of like
breasts trait #1 = "Flat Chest" = Mod value -10 (or something)
breasts trait #8 = "Massive Mellons" =  Mod value +10

so if you wanted to add additional traits in the middle all you have to do is
give it [a breasts trait id number] = ["in game trait name"] = [and mod value]
then include it in the xml file

so if a girl had a certain trait it would read the main code that reads from the xml to find the mod value that affects the other stuff.
like lactation value, and job performance for milking based on these these mod values, rather than based on the trait name.

for coders, take advantage of the arrays, so you can put it in to a loop, and use the loop to find the values.

p.s. to all the people who contributed, keep up the awesome work, and a big thank you for you guys. This game and mod is pretty awesome!
« Last Edit: August 18, 2015, 09:48:51 PM by SleepDeprivedPent »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #130 on: August 22, 2015, 09:29:07 AM »
I'm going to try working on the editor this weekend, it does need a lot of work.

I have fixed it so custom Trait Types will work in WME.8.31
I have to go out for a while but I should be able to do more when I get back.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2015, 12:31:50 PM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Hazure

• I'll get there eventualy.
« Reply #131 on: August 25, 2015, 01:02:23 PM »
Ok....quick question, are zombies fertile?  I would assume no, but it doesn't say anything about it.

Offline TaimaninAshley

« Reply #132 on: October 18, 2015, 10:45:23 AM »

Hi! I thought of some suggestions, and finally worked up the nerve to share them!

Code: [Select]
<Trait
Name="Light Stretch Marks"
Desc="If you look closely, you can see evidence that this girl might have been pregnant."
Type="Appearance" />

<Trait
Name="Stretch Marks"
Desc="There are some stretch marks on this girl's body, possibly from pregnancy."
Type="Appearance" />

<Trait
Name="Heavy Stretch Marks"
Desc="This girl's body is marked up pretty badly, probably from pregnancy."
Type="Appearance" />

<Trait
Name="Newhalf"
Desc="Whether she was always this way or not, this girl only has a cock and balls between her legs. She won't be able to offer vaginal sex."
Type="Physical" />

The stretch marks traits would bring penalties to beauty and confidence, and "newhalf" would make it so the girl wouldn't be able to perform "Normal Sex" (which would help for making characters like Poison, Mariandale, etc.). It would also probably serve as a fetish, if that's not too much to implement. On that note, I thought stretch marks should be a possible side-effect to pregnancy in a similar way as scars are to torture and combat, but I don't know how much work that would be. Just having them as traits for the editor would be cool.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2015, 10:17:53 AM by TaimaninAshley »

Offline Monty52

« Reply #133 on: March 03, 2016, 11:52:25 PM »
Trait    # in code    Approximate bra cup size
"Flat Chest"    0    -
"Petite Breasts"    1    A
"Small Boobs"    2    B
No trait    3    C
"Busty Boobs"    4    D
"Big Boobs"    5    E
"Giant Juggs"    6    F
"Massive Melons"    7    G
"Abnormally Large Boobs"    8    H
"Titanic Tits"    9    I

OK, so I'm confused here... In the Editor, when I look at these traits, it doesn't make this very obvious.  Each trait is described in a particular way that is not clear at all as to this kind of ordering.  For instance, the description for "Titanic Tits" says "Her breasts, if they can even be called that, have transcended the scientific laws of space. You could hug them like you could hug an entire person. How the girl wielding them even walks is a mystery."  OK, those are almost like body sized, so they are quite huge... got it... but they are supposed to be 2 levels larger than "Abnormally Large Boobs".  That description for that says "My god these things are like miniture moons..."  To me, that sounds larger than body-sized...  Moons are way too big.  And to make it more confusing... "Massive Melons" description says "By the legendaries... her tits are like miniature moons. Hands and faces get lost inside them...forever."  Talking about miniature moons again...

The bra cup size part of the list doesn't really match the descriptions.  For instance, Titanic Tits are described as being so big that they defy scientific laws and that you could hug them like a whole person.  In the chart given previously, those are said to be like I cup tits.  I cup tits are much smaller in real life than that description.  In real life, J cup tits (larger than I cups) are pretty much the size of a person's head... which is still way smaller than hugging a person's body size, and there are a TON of anime characters with breasts at least the size of I cups.  I don't think you should assign an actual cup size to each because in general anime breast sizes are larger than real life and real life sizes aren't adequate, especially at the larger range of breast sizes... just make the descriptions sound relatively more extreme than the previous size.

OK... um.. I'm not going to sit here and just complain.  I can offer assistance and a solution - better descriptions (which I came up with just now) that make it a little clearer how big each category is relative to other categories, enjoy:

Flat Chest - "This girl has no breasts - her chest is practically as flat as a board."
Petite Breasts - "She's got tiny titties - her little lady lumps are barely noticeable."
Small Boobage - "Her boobs are a little smaller than average."
Busty Boobs - "She's packing a pair of larger than average swollen full funbags."
Big Boobies - "This woman has some nice big knockers sure to get attention." (does this really have a +looks effect to it?  It said that in the description...)
Giant Juggs - "Huge - These heavy hanging hooters are much more than a handful."
Massive Melons - "Simply Massive - hands, faces, and impressive phallic appendages can disappear into these luscious love pillows."
Abnormally Large Bazongas - "Holy Cow! This insanely mammoth rack of udders would make even a dairy bovine quite proud to lug around."
Titanic Tits - "Nuclear Warheads!  Her breasts, if they can even be called that, have transcended the laws of physics and anatomy in size and mass.  How the living being wielding these weapons of mass destruction even walks is a mystery."
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 12:34:05 AM by Monty52 »

Offline TaimaninAshley

« Reply #134 on: March 19, 2016, 08:23:52 PM »
Personally, after finding that table, I just disregarded the descriptions and went by what cup size each description is supposed to represent. Some clarity on this would be nice, for sure. I personally prefer leaning towards real life cup sizes since I don't see a realistic use for a trait where breasts are likely too big to fit inside a building, as the description for Titanic Tits suggests. >_>