Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3789128 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #4800 on: May 27, 2015, 03:05:37 PM »
https://mon-partage.fr/f/gMSDQh72/

Those are base models from a naruto game ( unusable untill reworked ) theres more of em too..

So my question is should i spend time making those face morphs so we can use em like they are showing on picture or you dont want existing girls ?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #4801 on: May 27, 2015, 04:51:00 PM »
I figure we have images for those Naruto Girls. Maybe BE sprites or EE sprites but that is a huge project in it's own... You could try making a decent unique pack like originally planned.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4802 on: May 27, 2015, 05:15:20 PM »
I also found some bleach ones..

But since its 7740 face to adjust each time i make a new morph for a head.. ill do that after the base clothing and posed actions

But soon we should be able to get decent unique/random packs with every action needed and i could render the missing actions on existing packs if needed..
« Last Edit: May 28, 2015, 03:08:56 PM by lamoli »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4803 on: May 28, 2015, 10:32:54 AM »
Oki, I am done with minigame alpha with testing resources:

https://mega.co.nz/#!C15FXTbT!auwBydT4Iu9cJkXkae8sLgqu2l1SoEY-CIwO-Df6Jps

Should look something like this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3paKlo7S5_U in the end but I am thinking we can adapt it as a minigame when spells are shot from left to right and need to be defended against to be used in the Arena or similar locations.

Took quite a bit of effort and took my mind of things. I am feeling a bit better as well so it PyTFall's time this weekend.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4804 on: May 29, 2015, 01:43:35 AM »
I'm afraid we need a manual even for this  :)
I have no idea how to block purple streams.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4805 on: May 29, 2015, 05:23:14 AM »
I'm afraid we need a manual even for this  :)
I have no idea how to block purple streams.

You need to hold the corresponding buttons down while the rings keep coming  (actually just for 0.9 seconds, they have a lifetime span of 1s + you get 0.5s to make it easy for testing purposes):) It's like in the video only with temp graphics.

I've learned how to use ATL inside of UDD.render() with this, so far it didn't seem to occur to anyone else :) This is really, really powerful when making mini-games or even more complex games like 2D strategy...

*Beta of DefilerWings will be released soon (today/tomorrow), it might be fun for one or two plays. They even made 3 Videos for it using Video Editing soft :)
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:26:56 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4806 on: May 30, 2015, 02:57:54 PM »
There was hyperdimension neptunia 2 released on pc. They have pretty interesting SE module there, with stuff like finding items, gaining temporary stats bonuses that work until you finish exploration, and of course battles with enemies behind the screen.
The part that I liked most is a detailed log that mentions every event. Even though you cannot interfere at all, it's still a cool thing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4807 on: May 31, 2015, 03:17:35 AM »
There was hyperdimension neptunia 2 released on pc. They have pretty interesting SE module there, with stuff like finding items, gaining temporary stats bonuses that work until you finish exploration, and of course battles with enemies behind the screen.
The part that I liked most is a detailed log that mentions every event. Even though you cannot interfere at all, it's still a cool thing.

I'll need more info on this :)

======
Ok... so after working through the night I've fixed most checks for new occupations. I still did not recoded girl loading routines (girls are loaded with old strings) so new code couldn't be tested. I expect that I'll need 10 - 15 more hours to make this work so chances are that it is not going to be finished this weekend.

Main issue is that the whole game was built around strings "Warrior", "ServiceGirl", "Prostitute" and "Stripper". All related things were not modular and were very hard to expand. There could also never be two of these at the same time. To change all of that a lot of changes is needed all over the freaking game and in some places where the code is not even mine. I am hoping that it'll be done next week but some things (like modular sorting, matching any basetrait to jobs and etc. may take even longer then that to sort out).

We will also prolly have to sacrifice some of current logic to have a better game in the future, but we'll discuss that in chat when time permits and we can all get together... It's now 10 am so I should prolly get a few hours of sleep :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4808 on: May 31, 2015, 05:03:58 AM »
You select a zone and how many areas to explore, the more areas, the longer it will take. Every zone has max amount of areas, so you cannot increase exploration time indefinitely.
After you sent party, you cannot do anything anymore.
SE is in real time there, but in our case we can just show what happened with the party so far.

This is the log. Almost every line could be expanded, like this. There are also events like finding chests with items and traps, meeting npcs that may give or steal items, finding items that may increase stats until current exploration is over or heal the party.

Despite decent logic and gui, it's just a minigame in a usual jrpg.

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4809 on: May 31, 2015, 05:49:23 AM »
Lol i can edit those and convert for us to use.. that would give more base head/body/clothing since their 3d models exist.. but maybe too much loli.. i did the same thing for Valkiria chronicles.. its just gona take time to edit/convert

Clothes Update: Yukata/Miko/Maid(from picture ) missing the rest is done

For the ninja clothes i dont know what shoes i should use ( the ones that goes with Kasumi original suit or something else ?)
« Last Edit: May 31, 2015, 09:14:59 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #4810 on: May 31, 2015, 09:51:35 AM »
Hm? You mean you can convert models from neptunia? Well, there are already two parts released on pc (and the third one probably will be closer to the fall), so there are tons of body parts and especially clothes that will be very useful for us.
For ninja suit, yeah, Kasumi suit shoes are suitable.

Main issue is that the whole game was built around strings "Warrior", "ServiceGirl", "Prostitute" and "Stripper".
Yeah, you have to rewrite most of the things that you coded first when we just started the project, pretty much like Cherry and me had to retag packs at least 2 times  ;D

We will also prolly have to sacrifice some of current logic to have a better game in the future, but we'll discuss that in chat when time permits and we can all get together...
I dropped chat lately since without coding progress we can only discuss pack making, and you are not even a pytfall pack maker  :)
Let me know when there will be game logic to discuss.

Also, Thewlis hasn't been here for two weeks. I personally think that he dislikes how we change all concepts on the fly, making him to recode stuff.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4811 on: May 31, 2015, 09:58:32 AM »
Yeah, you have to rewrite most of the things that you coded first when we just started the project, pretty much like Cherry and me had to retag packs at least 2 times  ;D

Yeah... but I figure this time will be the last, since we'll be working with objects and modular system that can be expanded much easier.

I dropped chat lately since without coding progress we can only discuss pack making, and you are not even a pytfall pack maker  :)
Let me know when there will be game logic to discuss.

There will be nexxt week :)

Also, Thewlis hasn't been here for two weeks. I personally think that he dislikes how we change all concepts on the fly, making him to recode stuff.

Anything he'll code now will have to be recoded again after new system is in place. Once that's done, I'll contact him. If he wants out/doesn't have time for the project anymore, I'll advance the ST myself as well.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4812 on: May 31, 2015, 10:03:53 AM »
Hm? You mean you can convert models from neptunia? Well, there are already two parts released on pc (and the third one probably will be closer to the fall), so there are tons of body parts and especially clothes that will be very useful for us.
For ninja suit, yeah, Kasumi suit shoes are suitable.

I can take any 3D model of any game that runs on PC or thats working with emulators or even from disk images..

It could simplify my lack of creativity for all those clothes/body/items parts.. but i would have to rework them completely to be able to use em ( but i woulnd waste time trying to design new clothes from scratch like now.. )

Of course even if i can find the 3D model its useless untill rework and it takes up to a few hour/clothes/body part/items to be reworked and adapted

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4813 on: May 31, 2015, 10:09:32 AM »
Of course even if i can find the 3D model its useless untill rework and it takes up to a few hour/clothes/body part/items to be reworked and adapted

Computation time or coding/instructing? If it's the former, you can write a guide and we'll all chip in.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #4814 on: May 31, 2015, 10:22:54 AM »
Cannot be solved that way.. steps are:

1. Resize cloth to adapt it to the base 3D model
2. Rework/create new polygons to adapt part(clothes/item/body part)
3. Make sure base body dont pass thru clothes while its posing or morphing to different shapes
4. Rework bones weight so their influence gets the expected result or create new bones with weight to pose specific parts like ( hair/clothes parts )
5. Creating materials to render either colors or textures on surfaces
6. Render itself adjusting lights/reflection/transparency/...