devolution

Author Topic: Jacko's Script Mod  (Read 10681 times)

Offline Jacko

Jacko's Script Mod
« on: February 21, 2015, 02:17:28 AM »
Hello everyone.

The purpose of this script is to further immerse the player in the WM universe by making the girls more unique with regard to their responses when "chatting" with them. You will find when chatting with girls that they will react differently
based on their traits and stats. I've also changed some of the default actions to better reflect the limitations of the current script editor, and of my current picture sets.

This is a work in progress, there is much more I'd like to add based on some of the new traits that have been released, and I'll
be able to do more once (if) we get a proper editor, or can edit in xml (I have no idea what this
means, I'm just hoping we can copy/paste). I just learned how to script with the editor
(and script, period - I've never done this before) so there might be some small bugs.
In fact I'm sure of one already, but it is not gamebreaking, and is very minor. However, It took
so many hours of bug testing as it is, I am terrified to go back into the code because I think everthing is working, and I am
scared to make a change that could break everything, considering I have no idea what I am doing. :)

Edit: The reason for the .rar file is because the script is 350kb, and the most you can post is 256kb so I had to compress it to make it accessible directly from the site.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2015, 02:19:34 AM by Jacko »

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Jacko's Script Mod
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2015, 11:20:57 AM »
I do intend to update the script editor but I have ADOCD, Attention Deficit Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, I'm constantly changing what I'm obsessed about.  :P
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Jacko

« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2015, 05:44:42 PM »
Take your time Aevo.  8)

Offline galasis

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2015, 06:15:42 AM »
Jacko,

Just wanted to say thank you for the new scripts. I found some of them VERY entertaining, some irritating (in a good way), and others plain. Overall a good mix and they added a little more fun to the game.

Galasis

Offline edgy98125

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2015, 08:17:37 PM »
Thanks Jacko the added flavor is nice.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2015, 04:13:46 AM »
Cool, I'm glad you guys like it. ;D 

Offline HuiBui

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2015, 03:48:11 AM »
Hi Jacko,
thanks for your script.
A lot of work what you have done.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2015, 10:48:47 AM »
I've decided that I will release at least one more version of this, as I've recently had the time to start working on it again, and Aevo + Crazy have devoted some time into it recently.

So if you enjoy the new interactions, I plan to add more based on the new traits. I'm particularly interested in the "Your Wife" trait, and plan to develop some scenarios regarding that, as well as having more interesting and complex interactions with the girls in general. As my confidence with the language this uses (C#? - no idea) grows, I should be able to achieve something suitably interesting. I also plan on adding a new choicebox, with the options "Yes" and "No". I think this alone will make for a more player driven experience that allows more interaction.

Writing this script actually takes a lot of time and effort, so all of your nice feedback is appreciated!  ;D

A few things that would make my life (and the others here that write these scripts) easier though is a better version of the script editor. A large problem with it is the fact that the viewing window can only get so large, so if you write a script with a large tree, there is no way to see all of it without some UI tricks. There is no scroll bar or anything. So, part of the script in its branching form remains hidden to the script writer! Those who have used the editor hopefully know what I mean. Also, there is no copy/paste. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have this functionality so you can look at the script in notepad ++ or something and be able to see all of it. I'd love to be able to tweak these things in Notepad ++, but I also like the beginner friendly click to add commands interface. All in all, it's the size of the viewing window that is the main problem. So, whoever can solve that problem would be doing me a favor.

Also, some kind of Jealousy mechanic would be welcomed, along with a Devotion mechanic. Like PCLove, Hate, and Fear, I don't think these should be stats in themselves, but they should be determined by existing stats/traits/actions and act as a floating mechanic for all the girls.  Of course they should be able to be used as triggers in the scripts. "If" Jealousy <=> x, etc. It is always strange to me how peaceful my brothels are when there are like 20 girls living there. I can only imagine the drama of that in real life. More interactions between the girls would add to the experience. For example, if a girl loves you, and you go off and have sex with every other girl in the brothel, she doesn't care. If she has "Your Wife" she doesn't care. If she has "Slut" she doesn't care. Maybe keeping track of who you sleep with and when could be recorded in the code, and used as a data reference to adjust other girls stats. If a girl loves me, and I sleep with another girl, maybe she could lose PC love, gain PC Hate, be more inclined to disobey, or run away. Lots of possibilities. Ideally I'd want each girl to be unique, I think it adds to the game quite nicely.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 10:50:20 AM by Jacko »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2015, 11:27:46 AM »
A few things that would make my life (and the others here that write these scripts) easier though is a better version of the script editor. A large problem with it is the fact that the viewing window can only get so large, so if you write a script with a large tree, there is no way to see all of it without some UI tricks. There is no scroll bar or anything. So, part of the script in its branching form remains hidden to the script writer! Those who have used the editor hopefully know what I mean. Also, there is no copy/paste. Not a huge deal, but it would be nice to have this functionality so you can look at the script in notepad ++ or something and be able to see all of it. I'd love to be able to tweak these things in Notepad ++, but I also like the beginner friendly click to add commands interface. All in all, it's the size of the viewing window that is the main problem. So, whoever can solve that problem would be doing me a favor.
I started making a new script editor in WME - Script conversion to XML Progress
It currently only opens .scriptx files.

I did make the game load and save both .script and .scriptx files.
If you load the game and try to run a script, the game will create a .scriptx file from a .script file and vice versa if there is not already one.
So,
1. delete the old .scriptx file
2. load the .script in the old script editor and save it
3. run the script in the game to create the .scriptx file
4. edit the .scriptx in notepad to add texts and save it
5. delete the .script file
6. run the script in the game to create the .script file
7. load the .script in the old script editor and add new lines
Because the game will load a .script or .scriptx file when it tries to use it, you can do this rather quickly.

If you want you can even edit the entire .scriptx file in notepad.
You will need to know what the numbers mean and the proper arrangement of Actions and Entries but it can be done.

When I finish the new script editor, it will have a flow checker and possibly a flow tree so you can see where any breaks are.

Also, some kind of Jealousy mechanic would be welcomed, along with a Devotion mechanic. Like PCLove, Hate, and Fear, I don't think these should be stats in themselves, but they should be determined by existing stats/traits/actions and act as a floating mechanic for all the girls.  Of course they should be able to be used as triggers in the scripts. "If" Jealousy <=> x, etc. It is always strange to me how peaceful my brothels are when there are like 20 girls living there. I can only imagine the drama of that in real life. More interactions between the girls would add to the experience. For example, if a girl loves you, and you go off and have sex with every other girl in the brothel, she doesn't care. If she has "Your Wife" she doesn't care. If she has "Slut" she doesn't care. Maybe keeping track of who you sleep with and when could be recorded in the code, and used as a data reference to adjust other girls stats. If a girl loves me, and I sleep with another girl, maybe she could lose PC love, gain PC Hate, be more inclined to disobey, or run away. Lots of possibilities. Ideally I'd want each girl to be unique, I think it adds to the game quite nicely.

Something like this could be done but it would extremely bloat the savegame.
Every girl would have to save their jealousy against every other girl and this would exponentially grow as you get more girls.
Storing who you slept with would be a little less cumbersome but if it only applies to that turn, it would not need to be saved.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 11:31:58 AM by aevojoey »

Offline Jacko

« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2015, 11:38:27 AM »
"When I finish the new script editor, it will have a flow checker and possibly a flow tree so you can see where any breaks are."

This sounds amazing. Thanks for the reply and the instruction! This will make things easier.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2015, 04:31:59 PM »
"When I finish the new script editor, it will have a flow checker and possibly a flow tree so you can see where any breaks are."

This sounds amazing. Thanks for the reply and the instruction! This will make things easier.

Ok, I got a job for you, make a few bad scripts.
Scripts that have broken parts, failed ends, unreachable ends or whatever you have come across that makes scripts not work.
I will need something to test flow control on when I get to it.
No rush because I will probably not get to it for a few weeks, hopefully sooner.
Make a bunch of them and put them all in 1 zip file.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 04:46:17 PM by aevojoey »

Offline Jacko

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2015, 06:40:58 PM »
Jacko's Script Mod Update, Version 1.1!

Added some new stuff, tweaked some stuff. Give it a try. Feedback is appreciated.

Disclaimer: This is a work of FICTION. None of this shit is real. None of this is based on real world events or people, any resemblance to any persons or events is purely coincidental. The views contained in this work are not representative of the views of the author. It is a work of FICTION.

NOTE: This is a .rar file. So make sure to decompress it. The forum only allows attachments of a certain size. The actual size of the file iirc, is 477kb, too big to attach to the forums. Sorry for the inconvenience.  Also, remember to make a backup of your original script file, in case you don't like the mod.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:13:50 PM by Jacko »

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2015, 07:19:21 PM »
So, your interaction details are causing my game to crash.  I'm not sure how, but I'm using the latest version of your script, renamed appropriately.
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2015, 08:09:57 PM »
So, your interaction details are causing my game to crash.  I'm not sure how, but I'm using the latest version of your script, renamed appropriately.
The file "Jacko's Script Mod_v1.1" is a .rar compressed file.
If you open it as an archive file you can extract the "DefaultInteractDetails.script" from inside it.

If you can tell me where in the tree the script crashes I can run over it and get it fixed.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 08:20:01 PM by aevojoey »

Offline hewhocumsbynight

• All Hail the Crimson King!
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2015, 10:26:58 PM »
Well, I am an idiot.  That explains a great deal.  Is it openable with Winrar?
My MEGA folder can be found at:  https://mega.co.nz/#F!EYhAgTyI!keiMX47NrnGOEozwNb2Vfg

Torrent link of my version, effective September, 2016:  magnet:?xt=urn:btih:4606F11A1C216337D7F3DFD6716307F48CFB996A&dn=WhoreMaster.06.02.29&tr=udp%3a%2f%2ftracker.openbittorrent.com%3a80