devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 625304 times)

Offline MrKlaus

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1065 on: October 18, 2016, 03:21:21 PM »
In version .06.02.38; the matron doesn't auto assign girls back to work.

Offline Rfpnj

« Reply #1066 on: October 18, 2016, 04:19:33 PM »
In version 6.02.31

The other bug i found was the game was duplicating unique girls, I had four of the same girl at once in my dungeon.

Found the Error that was causing this to happen. A few .girlsx files that were listed as being for one girl had multiple girls in them. This was found in POKEMON Packs, but not the trainer packs.

Offline Rfpnj

« Reply #1067 on: October 18, 2016, 04:57:49 PM »
So was looking at the Config file and the gamelog file and found a path error. When using relative paths (./) is the current directory i.e. the once the game is in. (../) is the parent directory. I.e. the directory that contains the entire game folder. Using the current Base config file causes the game to throw a non game breaking error, Due to the confusion in the directory that its looking at.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1068 on: October 18, 2016, 07:41:52 PM »
In version .06.02.38; the matron doesn't auto assign girls back to work.
I will take a look at it.

So was looking at the Config file and the gamelog file and found a path error. When using relative paths (./) is the current directory i.e. the once the game is in. (../) is the parent directory. I.e. the directory that contains the entire game folder. Using the current Base config file causes the game to throw a non game breaking error, Due to the confusion in the directory that its looking at.
If you mean the  "..\Characters", "..\Saves", "..\DefaultImages" and "..\Items" it is supposed to work that way.
If you want to attach your gamelog file I will see if I can clean it up better.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Rfpnj

« Reply #1069 on: October 18, 2016, 10:33:11 PM »
I will take a look at it.
If you mean the  "..\Characters", "..\Saves", "..\DefaultImages" and "..\Items" it is supposed to work that way.
If you want to attach your gamelog file I will see if I can clean it up better.

Here is the gamelog for the part in question:

Code: [Select]
Whore Master v1.60.4 BETA Svn: Crazy and PP's mod version .06.02.37

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loading Default configuration variables
Loading configuration variables from '.\config.xml'

Warning: config.xml: Characters folder '..\Characters' does not exist or has no girls in it.
   Defaulting to ./Resources/Characters

Warning: config.xml: Save game folder '..\Saves' does not exist.
   Defaulting to ./Saves

Warning: config.xml: Items folder '..\Items' does not exist or has no Items in it.
   Defaulting to ./Resources/Items

Warning: config.xml: Default Images folder '..\DefaultImages' does not exist or has no images in it.
Success: config.xml: Loading Interface: .\Resources\Interface\J_1024x768
[sGirl::setup_maps] Setting up Stats, Skills and Status codes.

Changing the config file so the pointers were correct without defaulting decreased the load time by half.

Attached find the gamelog post corrections, please notice the the other errors on a simple load from drive at game start dealing with interface
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:49:37 PM by Rfpnj »

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1070 on: October 18, 2016, 10:50:26 PM »

Here is the gamelog for the part in question:

Whore Master v1.60.4 BETA Svn: Crazy and PP's mod version .06.02.37

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Loading Default configuration variables
Loading configuration variables from '.\config.xml'

Warning: config.xml: Characters folder '..\Characters' does not exist or has no girls in it.
   Defaulting to ./Resources/Characters

Warning: config.xml: Save game folder '..\Saves' does not exist.
   Defaulting to ./Saves

Warning: config.xml: Items folder '..\Items' does not exist or has no Items in it.
   Defaulting to ./Resources/Items

Warning: config.xml: Default Images folder '..\DefaultImages' does not exist or has no images in it.
Success: config.xml: Loading Interface: .\Resources\Interface\J_1024x768
[sGirl::setup_maps] Setting up Stats, Skills and Status codes.

That is the way it is supposed to be.
The game will try to set the folders in the config file but if they are not there it reverts back to the default folders.

Offline Nooner

« Reply #1071 on: October 19, 2016, 09:55:23 AM »
The game for me won't load the newest version. Version .29 work fine but I'd like to play the newest version. Anyone one else having this issue and , if so, what could I do to allow it to run.  On a side note, is there a reason why some characters haven't been created like Francine smith or Lois griffin. I made them myself but wanted to make sure there was a reason why nobody posted girls like that before I post them. Thank you.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1072 on: October 19, 2016, 10:47:05 AM »
On a side note, is there a reason why some characters haven't been created like Francine smith or Lois griffin. I made them myself but wanted to make sure there was a reason why nobody posted girls like that before I post them. Thank you.
If a girl hasn't been made, it's either because someone hasn't considered that girl or because they don't know about her (or, possibly, because they considered her and then decided not to do her for some other reason, such as a lack of pictures).  Also, both of those girls have been made ... although since that was five years ago, I think the packs aren't available online unless someone kept them.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1073 on: October 19, 2016, 12:34:23 PM »
The game for me won't load the newest version. Version .29 work fine but I'd like to play the newest version. Anyone one else having this issue and , if so, what could I do to allow it to run.  On a side note, is there a reason why some characters haven't been created like Francine smith or Lois griffin. I made them myself but wanted to make sure there was a reason why nobody posted girls like that before I post them. Thank you.
Try running the game with no addons, extract the zip into a folder by itself and see if it runs.
If it still does not run, then there may be other issues, what operating system are you running?

Offline Gamo

• Sup Sup!
« Reply #1074 on: October 24, 2016, 09:38:58 PM »
Good Evening all. 

I was Just enjoying a new game I have created and after maybe a few weeks playing it automatically crashed upon
       me using the next week tab. I have patched to the latest version and have also overwritten the blank.png file

Attached is The info You require to Debug and hopefully help other users so they do not crash as well

Good Evening

Sgwsis
Gamo

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1075 on: October 24, 2016, 10:22:39 PM »
       I was Just enjoying a new game I have created and after maybe a few weeks playing it automatically crashed upon
       me using the next week tab. I have patched to the latest version and have also overwritten the blank.png file
There was a day/night error in cBrothelManager::GirlsOnJob breaking the game.

In a check for a girl working security:
                bool guardingGirl = (g_Brothels.GetNumGirlsOnJob(0, JOB_SECURITY, Day0Night1) > 0);

if (guardingGirl) //there's a girl watching the place
                {
                    sGirl * guard = (g_Brothels.GetRandomGirlOnJob(0, JOB_SECURITY, Day0Night1));
the GetNumGirlsOnJob was getting set to the number of girls working security during the day but the GetRandomGirlOnJob was returning a list of girls working security during the night (no one is working security at night).

It will be fixed in .06.02.39 once I get the settings page filled out. For now set your security to work both shifts.

On a side note, if you are going to have everyone working only 1 shift, the night shift gets more customers so you will get more money from it.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 10:40:53 PM by aevojoey »

Offline _rhetorik_

« Reply #1076 on: October 25, 2016, 12:18:43 PM »
That is an awful lot of work .... All those controls and texts ...

Btw ... I've made a new pull request with minor improvements and a bug fix.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1077 on: October 25, 2016, 07:58:04 PM »
That is an awful lot of work .... All those controls and texts ...
If you notice the check boxes are to the left of the text, all check boxes in the game are now that way so the sex restriction boxes now line up properly.

Btw ... I've made a new pull request with minor improvements and a bug fix.
Got it in.

Offline seden

« Reply #1078 on: October 27, 2016, 12:19:34 PM »
That setting screen is interesting, still, as it is it look like it is defined to be used before starting a new game ? :/

Also, they are some label who are not that easy to understand, would it be possible to have a tooltip explanation when hovering over the definition (not sure if possible as the engine is..).

Or do it as it is for the traits list on a girl profile, detail below when selecting (that being displayed in a common zone, easier to locate that way).

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1079 on: October 29, 2016, 12:44:03 PM »
That setting screen is interesting, still, as it is it look like it is defined to be used before starting a new game ? :/
Also, they are some label who are not that easy to understand, would it be possible to have a tooltip explanation when hovering over the definition (not sure if possible as the engine is..).
Or do it as it is for the traits list on a girl profile, detail below when selecting (that being displayed in a common zone, easier to locate that way).
The first version of the settings screen will only be available before starting a game.
Later versions will have less options but will be changeable during the game.
I will make a small description text for the first version and will expand on it for future versions.
Eventually it will be divided into groups that will be expandable from a side menu to make it much cleaner.

The eventual goal is to eliminate the need for WME and have everything available in the game itself.