Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3806758 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #8730 on: October 24, 2016, 02:34:47 PM »
Because mod_stats expects a dict of lists. And in order to not create a separate field solely for disposition and upkeep you changed the code to read them from lists too, ignoring the second number in the list.
In "mod_stats": {"disposition": [200, 1]} the 1 means nothing.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #8731 on: October 24, 2016, 03:26:49 PM »
Because mod_stats expects a dict of lists. And in order to not create a separate field solely for disposition and upkeep you changed the code to read them from lists too, ignoring the second number in the list.
In "mod_stats": {"disposition": [200, 1]} the 1 means nothing.

Aaaah, right! Increment/level... Dis/Upkeep apllied once... oki, I'll fix it.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8732 on: October 25, 2016, 03:48:07 AM »
Oki, I've added effects to MC and his profile screen under traits.

Certainly. Food Poisoning and Caught a Cold, Poisoned effects are universal, and in fact already can be available for MC.

I am not entirely sure that this is true, MC might not have joy/disposition. We could add them to prevent errors or add special checks to intercept stuff like this or add special field to effects dict.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8733 on: October 25, 2016, 03:53:41 AM »
Ok... I gtg, right now only the "Learner" effects remain for me to take care off (besides finding some way to prevent effects crashing MC I mean)? Does everything else related to stats/items/effects/traits work?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8734 on: October 25, 2016, 04:23:18 AM »
Added fast/slow learner effects modifiers (+/- 10% for now).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8735 on: October 25, 2016, 04:34:16 AM »
We need to decide on how to handle MC's issues. Possible options:

- Add flags on content level (like: char_only=True would mean trait only for chars)
- Simply add all stats to MC and ignore the once that are not used

- Add checks all over the place (this is the worst option)..
- More...?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8736 on: October 25, 2016, 05:02:19 AM »
Does everything else related to stats/items/effects/traits work?
I was thinking about a trait field or an effect which changes expected wages. But when I looked in the code yesterday, wages were 100% afk, so there is nothing we can do about it at the moment  :)

We need to decide on how to handle MC's issues.
In case of MC the game always should know how to ignore stats that he doesn't have. Otherwise problems begin much sooner due to unisex items which may have such stats too. I suppose adding all stats and hiding those he doesn't use is the best way.

- Add flags on content level (like: char_only=True would mean trait only for chars)
Most likely such flags will be required for traits anyway. Some of them can be useful for MC, some cannot.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8737 on: October 25, 2016, 07:20:49 AM »
I was thinking about a trait field or an effect which changes expected wages. But when I looked in the code yesterday, wages were 100% afk, so there is nothing we can do about it at the moment  :)

Yeah... I wrote a number of times about that already. The plan is to generalize everything that we can and package the logic in separate modules (classes), like wages and ranks (ranks prolly post beta) are to be handled through "Tier" module. There is an issue about it...

The amount of stats and skills we have to deal with is simply too vast to maintain without centralized system.

In case of MC the game always should know how to ignore stats that he doesn't have. Otherwise problems begin much sooner due to unisex items which may have such stats too. I suppose adding all stats and hiding those he doesn't use is the best way.

Ok, I'll make one default dict with all stats for everybody.

Most likely such flags will be required for traits anyway. Some of them can be useful for MC, some cannot.

Oki, NPC/ArenaFighter/Mobs classes can benefit from flags as well, I think we already have some form of mob_only flag, I don't remember if we check for it in code but we must at one point.

I am going to take care of the common stats dict now.
Actually, I think that we can just check if the character has a stat... it will be more appropriate. Especially if we add more trait flags.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 07:27:47 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8738 on: October 25, 2016, 07:50:55 AM »
After a negative reply to strong compliment in gm, game goes to main menu (open title). I think there is a return after a jump somewhere.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8739 on: October 25, 2016, 09:48:33 AM »
We don't have such things atm, but in theory it's possible to have a stat/skill unique for MC and unavailable for characters too.

After a negative reply to strong compliment in gm, game goes to main menu (open title). I think there is a return after a jump somewhere.
Surprisingly, it was reported before by lamoli and I fixed it back then... Fixed again.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2016, 10:13:35 AM by DarkTl »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8740 on: October 26, 2016, 10:38:41 AM »
I added a simple alcohol system which allows you to get Drunk effect if you drink too much. The effect disappear on the next day no matter what, except it only does so for characters. MC can get the effect but it never disappears, meaning his effects system is not working as it should.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8741 on: October 26, 2016, 11:22:03 AM »
If character has very low vitality, all stats will be red at the equipment screen.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8742 on: October 26, 2016, 01:24:02 PM »
If character has very low vitality, all stats will be red at the equipment screen.

... I thought I fixed this, wtf...?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8743 on: October 26, 2016, 01:36:50 PM »
I added a simple alcohol system which allows you to get Drunk effect if you drink too much. The effect disappear on the next day no matter what, except it only does so for characters. MC can get the effect but it never disappears, meaning his effects system is not working as it should.

Code: [Select]
            elif effect == "Drunk":
                for key in self.effects["Drunk"]:
                    self.effects["Drunk"][key] = False

This code makes little sense. It should destroy description, counter and disable the effect. I am too tired to try and find out why it is working for chars and not MC, it should mess up the effect for everyone.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #8744 on: October 26, 2016, 01:39:30 PM »
This code is the direct copy of your code from Food Poisoning effect, with a bit different mechanics of counters.