Author Topic: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>  (Read 105113 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Alpha: Discussion thread ==>
« Reply #135 on: September 29, 2014, 11:56:46 PM »
Got A Error For You

This is using the latest version and all I did was try to exit the preferences menu

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 86, in script
    python:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 92, in <module>
    char = load_characters()
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 28, in load_characters
    dir = content_path('chars')
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 6, in content_path
    return renpy.loader.transfn('content/' + path)
Exception: Couldn't find file 'content/chars'.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/script.rpy", line 86, in script
    python:
  File "F:\renpy-6.18.1-sdk\renpy\ast.py", line 778, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "F:\renpy-6.18.1-sdk\renpy\python.py", line 1382, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec bytecode in globals, locals
  File "game/script.rpy", line 92, in <module>
    char = load_characters()
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 28, in load_characters
    dir = content_path('chars')
  File "game/library/functions.rpy", line 6, in content_path
    return renpy.loader.transfn('content/' + path)
  File "F:\renpy-6.18.1-sdk\renpy\loader.py", line 504, in transfn
    raise Exception("Couldn't find file '%s'." % name)
Exception: Couldn't find file 'content/chars'.

Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1
Ren'Py 6.18.1.670
PyTFall 0.47 Alpha

Don't know where this came from. That old release version was tested way to thoroughly to get error like that :(
Like what we're doing?

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #136 on: September 30, 2014, 12:42:00 AM »
this is using what you all posted to access the development 47 alpha cloned using the Merc' since I got tired of the issues with the 45 alpha. the 47 has more errors then the 45 seeing as I tried again several times and literally whatever you guys have linked to the Tortoise HG is not functioning period.
It's just error after error, bug after bug. hell I got 37 error reports back to back just going through the process of  starting a new game. The statement isn't a lie I actually counted to make sure I wasn't crazy (well crazier then normal). So can someone point me to the proper download if the one in the post is the wrong one.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #137 on: September 30, 2014, 01:38:29 AM »
It says that it couldn't find file 'content/chars'. Doesn't it mean that you don't have any characters in the game?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #138 on: September 30, 2014, 07:54:31 AM »

Dev version is not set up to be playable, there are too many loose ends for it to be any fun even if you get it to work and turn development mode off.

It says that it couldn't find file 'content/chars'. Doesn't it mean that you don't have any characters in the game?

That's prolly it but just adding packs is no longer enough due to new tags loading system and .45 release is prolly better playable than .47 anyway.
Like what we're doing?

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #139 on: September 30, 2014, 07:52:59 PM »

This is not meant to sound rude I am just trying to make sure I understand properly:

so just to clarify the Pytfall I cloned to use with renpy which based on what I have been reading in the forums is suppose to be the most up to date version, but since it is the Dev Build and not a Release like .45 it is actually just the Core without any of the working parts. Am I reading the comment right?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #140 on: October 01, 2014, 12:06:19 AM »
This is not meant to sound rude I am just trying to make sure I understand properly:

so just to clarify the Pytfall I cloned to use with renpy which based on what I have been reading in the forums is suppose to be the most up to date version, but since it is the Dev Build and not a Release like .45 it is actually just the Core without any of the working parts. Am I reading the comment right?

Yeap, it's without the girls but has all other "parts". Trouble is that it's setup as a testbed and playing it isn't much fun even if you can get it to work properly due to an amount of unfinished and yet enabled modules.
Like what we're doing?

Offline kyuubi43

« Reply #141 on: October 01, 2014, 12:59:29 AM »
Alright I understand.  I guess having done Alpha and Beta testing like this before I have gotten complacent to the fact that not everyone will put out a full working 'test-bed'. Since most of the people already working on the project would have all the needed files already for the most part. New guys would have to wait and correspond with the Vet's to get needed files or be directed to where they are. Sorry for the trouble. Guess I'll first try cannibalizing my copy of 45 to see if I can get my 47 running before I try asking for anymore help.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #142 on: October 01, 2014, 02:57:00 AM »
Alright I understand.  I guess having done Alpha and Beta testing like this before I have gotten complacent to the fact that not everyone will put out a full working 'test-bed'. Since most of the people already working on the project would have all the needed files already for the most part. New guys would have to wait and correspond with the Vet's to get needed files or be directed to where they are. Sorry for the trouble. Guess I'll first try cannibalizing my copy of 45 to see if I can get my 47 running before I try asking for anymore help.

Errr... it's a bit complicated:

Search char/rchar directory for a file containing "sample", you'll find it in one of Dark's packs. Delete the file.

Start the game, none of the girls except Crazy WM packs will (should) have any pictures.

Click on "tagger" button in the main screen, in tagger screen click button "JSON --> FN" (or something like that). Follow the instructions given by the game. After a restart (don't remember if that's automatic or not) you should have a working copy in dev mode.

If you want to betatest, this should work.

You will need char and rchar folders from beta 0.45 to follow the instruction.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2014, 04:30:05 AM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline boriz13

« Reply #143 on: September 09, 2015, 06:52:14 AM »
I just got a copy of this game from my friend, and unfortunately it's the 0.45 Alpha version but without the library patch. After looking around I can't find the patch, can someone kindly enough to share the patch if there is still any? So I can wait for the latest version while I played the old version (I saw the youtube video, it's really interesting)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #144 on: September 09, 2015, 07:07:13 AM »
I am not sure, they keep deleting the damn game from everywhere, doesn't matter if it's archived, password protected and etc. I'll take a look tonight but chances are slim, @ release was a very long time ago...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #145 on: September 09, 2015, 07:22:12 AM »
https://mega.nz/#!SkQlnTKA!Q0bebSSr8qnqRlvbWDceqMm7xhuzNjhHiPW3cuBnn-I

This should be the old alpha release with all of the patches applied. I am unzipping it now to extract library folder.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #146 on: September 09, 2015, 07:28:07 AM »
https://mega.nz/#!rxoXnKzR!xLbYYnenpmEM11Y9Z4JSjXM7YpA3HDW68C8_BakzvTE

This should include the final library folder/base files for the old Alpha release, be sure to delete library folder and screens, script and options .rpy and .rpyc files or the game may not convert them to bytecode properly.
Like what we're doing?

Offline boriz13

« Reply #147 on: September 09, 2015, 07:40:13 AM »
https://mega.nz/#!rxoXnKzR!xLbYYnenpmEM11Y9Z4JSjXM7YpA3HDW68C8_BakzvTE

This should include the final library folder/base files for the old Alpha release, be sure to delete library folder and screens, script and options .rpy and .rpyc files or the game may not convert them to bytecode properly.

Thanks!!! Any idea when the new version released? Good luck with everything!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #148 on: September 09, 2015, 09:13:45 AM »
You're welcome and it's prolly still month away...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Alex250

« Reply #149 on: October 10, 2015, 12:57:44 AM »
Hello PyTFall!

I have recently checked out this project trough github. I had played the released Alpha this summer and wanted to try the newest developement version to spot bugs, test new features and enjoy the game.

I have set up a copy with a few RandomGirl and UniqueGirls pack as explained in the "Want to help? Read this!" thread.

I had a few issues with the RandomGirls. Since the downloads give you the datafile and image folder directly, I put them "as is" in the rchars/ folder. It is by luck that I figured out you needed to put them in a "pack" folder.
You could prevent this issue by adding a .gitignore in the chars/ and rchars/ folders and remove these folders from the topmost .gitignore. More informations here. This setup would also allow you to track the important characters (Naruto and One Piece girls) while still excluding other packs in the .gitignore.

An other issue I had was with CherryWood's Hinata: there is an image that is not tagged correctly. it is a long string of hexadecimals without separators, starting with "62ff66" if I remember correctly. I haven't made datafiles for Sakura and Tenten yet, there might be misnamed files there as well.

@DarkTI: your Naruto pack was removed from MEGA, can you reupload it?

TL;DR: I started this post to ask for help seting up the game but ended up solving them. I now have a working game to start testing and bug hunting. Is there anything in particular you would want to be tested?
French -> please tell me when I make writing mistakes.