devolution

Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3812515 times)

Offline lamoli

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #7875 on: July 26, 2016, 02:46:41 PM »
I forgot to ask for the pack to be complete im missing expressions ( character head left of text window also if you have something define for profile image dimensions )and battle sprites.. can you give me the exact size you use for those as i would really dislike seeing my work distorted with resize..

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #7876 on: July 26, 2016, 03:31:47 PM »
I forgot to ask for the pack to be complete im missing expressions ( character head left of text window also if you have something define for profile image dimensions )and battle sprites.. can you give me the exact size you use for those as i would really dislike seeing my work distorted with resize..

Code: [Select]
self.show("portrait", resize=(120, 120))
Portraits are resized to these dimensions. Nothing is done to them if they are already this size. VN Sprites and BE Sprites have three sizes for chars of different height:

Code: [Select]
        def get_sprite_size(self, tag="vnsprite"):
            # First, lets get correct sprites:
            if tag == "battle_sprite":
                if self.height == "average":
                    resize = (200, 180)
                elif self.height == "tall":
                    resize = (200, 200)
                elif self.height == "short":
                    resize = (200, 150)
                else:
                    devlog.warning("Unknown height setting for %s" % self.id)
                    resize = (200, 180)
            elif tag == "vnsprite":
                if self.height == "average":
                    resize = (1000, 520)
                elif self.height == "tall":
                    resize = (1000, 600)
                elif self.height == "short":
                    resize = (1000, 400)
                else:
                    devlog.warning("Unknown height setting for %s" % self.id)
                    resize = (1000, 500)
            else:
                raise Exception("get_sprite_size got unknown type for resizing!")
            return resize

You can take a look what poses you'd consider best for these, you will get 10 different opinions from 10 people I think :) Most of what we fit really well, except for a couple of sprites that stand in weird poses making them look off-scale but that cannot be helped.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7877 on: July 26, 2016, 05:16:46 PM »

http://moogleoutfitters.deviantart.com/art/TERA-Online-Samael-549237651?q=gallery%3AMoogleOutFitters%2F45789277&qo=285 (a male version, but nothing prevents it from be used for females after changing figure)

Yes its is indeed not a problem as i could already make my models have any shapes small breasts to humongous ones in this case..
« Last Edit: July 26, 2016, 05:18:17 PM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7878 on: July 27, 2016, 06:04:25 AM »
I can prolly adapt the system to work with AP as well but still, you cannot add "little" bit AP, steps in AP are huge compared to steps in vitality.
Let's see. There is a clear difference between Lolita and Manly body types. I don't touch here things like undead or robotic body, they have their own traits. The starting amount of vitality should be different for these traits. Atm Lolita has 100 and Manly 300 vitality from the beginning.

But while it makes sense to have different vitality because of very different (and unchangeable because it's limited by pictures) body types, it makes lesser body types less beneficial, with no
significant advantages. AP is one of the most simple ways to make them more beneficial.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7879 on: July 27, 2016, 11:19:04 AM »
Ok... more code, checks and forks then :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7880 on: July 27, 2016, 11:50:13 AM »
I'm not going to use it for any other traits since it's a powerful effects, so it could be hardcoded instead of supporting all traits, or maybe work via effects (probably the best way).

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7881 on: July 27, 2016, 12:07:53 PM »
Here Mage1..

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:15:56 AM by lamoli »

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #7882 on: July 27, 2016, 01:54:29 PM »
Looks great :)

Speaking of effects, at very least traits effects are not visible in gui, even though there is a list for them at the character screen. I mean Introvert and stuff. I suspect stuff like food poisoning is not visible there too. I don't see them working either, for example I changed the Pessimist effect to
            elif effect == "Pessimist":
                if self.joy > 20:
                    self.joy -= 50
It should very quickly make joy minimal, but nothing happens after several turns. I suspect effects are afk, no wonder it didn't worked when I tried to create an effect which adds AP  ::)
« Last Edit: July 27, 2016, 02:03:28 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7883 on: July 27, 2016, 03:13:01 PM »
But while it makes sense to have different vitality because of very different (and unchangeable because it's limited by pictures) body types, it makes lesser body types less beneficial, with no
significant advantages. AP is one of the most simple ways to make them more beneficial.

I am going to allow it only for body traits and it cannot be undone (core traits like body cannot be changed anyway).
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7884 on: July 27, 2016, 03:20:18 PM »
mod_ap

is the field, it needs an integer. I've added it as a very limited feature that cannot be removed, it's not tested but code is fairly simple and should work unless there are typos.
Like what we're doing?

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7885 on: July 27, 2016, 06:08:46 PM »
Assassin1 ..

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 07:16:20 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7886 on: July 28, 2016, 07:17:11 AM »
Warrior1

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7887 on: July 28, 2016, 08:09:50 AM »
This is fast enough and for better end result so ill make others later.. and the good thing is we could mix any of those parts iv remade and they got like 4 times the definition than before..

Ill try some battle sprites now then expressions

Dark can you go back to that site and check for casual outfits and Matron ( if any ) then link me those ?

« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 08:14:28 AM by lamoli »

Offline lamoli

« Reply #7889 on: July 28, 2016, 11:18:06 AM »
Hmm.. completely forgot about arena character poses.. like normal guard / defend / cast / idle.. those should cover all the current menu.. i just cant find images that shows good ones to create the poses..