devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 619245 times)

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #420 on: August 30, 2014, 07:41:04 PM »

Nit: There's a problem with one of the strip tease results, plus a misspelling. I got text that read:

When trying to take of her t-shirt, girlsname head got stuck for minutes.

It should have read:

When trying to take *off* her t-shirt, *Karly's* head got stuck for minutes.
Spell checking WorkPeepShow now.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #421 on: August 31, 2014, 06:00:00 AM »

Since we're on the subject of typos at the moment...While trying to learn something more about custom scripting I stumbled upon some typos in GlobalTriggers.xml
I don't know how badly this could fuck things up, since that file is only an instruction and isn't responsible for anything directly... but the typos there could be an indication of typos within the hardcoded values themselves. In that case, it may just be better to leave them alone for the sake of everything working.

"Beastiality" instead of "Bestiality" (there is only one "a" in the correct spelling, contrary to what may seem logical. I've seen this typo a couple of times in multiple other instances)
"Controled" instead of "Controlled".

Plenty of other typos in GlobalTriggers.xml. "Atribute", "kelptomaniac" etc. Like stated above, they're not really important, since they're only in instructions to how scripting works, I think.

Are you still planning on doing something with the .script files? Not sure if my memory serves me right, but I think you said something about transitioning them to .xml somewhere...

And why is the introduction script file a .lua file?

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #422 on: August 31, 2014, 07:02:23 AM »
Spell checking WorkPeepShow now.

A spellchecker won't hurt, but I wonder how much it will help in the particular instance noted. 'Of' is a valid english word, and spellchecking won't know how to correct the substitution for the girl's name.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #423 on: August 31, 2014, 03:25:40 PM »
A spellchecker won't hurt, but I wonder how much it will help in the particular instance noted. 'Of' is a valid english word, and spellchecking won't know how to correct the substitution for the girl's name.
I hate "Spellchecker" (1 word) programs, they never work.
When I said "Spell checking" (2 words) I mean I am checking the spelling and grammar and readability myself, manually.

Even though I failed English class a few times in school, it was not due to lack of ability, just lack of patience to do my homework.

Since we're on the subject of typos at the moment...While trying to learn something more about custom scripting I stumbled upon some typos in GlobalTriggers.xml
I don't know how badly this could fuck things up, since that file is only an instruction and isn't responsible for anything directly... but the typos there could be an indication of typos within the hardcoded values themselves. In that case, it may just be better to leave them alone for the sake of everything working.

"Beastiality" instead of "Bestiality" (there is only one "a" in the correct spelling, contrary to what may seem logical. I've seen this typo a couple of times in multiple other instances)
"Controled" instead of "Controlled".

Plenty of other typos in GlobalTriggers.xml. "Atribute", "kelptomaniac" etc. Like stated above, they're not really important, since they're only in instructions to how scripting works, I think.
I always thought it was spelled "Beastiality" because of the word "beast" - never even occurred to me to look it up.
I believe the previous programmers thought the same.

"Controled" and "kelptomaniac" are not in the game code.
"Atribute" was only misspelled in comments in the game code.

Are you still planning on doing something with the .script files? Not sure if my memory serves me right, but I think you said something about transitioning them to .xml somewhere...
I do plan on eventually converting the scripts into xml, but that is low priority at the moment.

I do not know why they put it into a .lua file.
It used to be hard coded, they probably made it a .lua so they could allow it to be edited by players.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 03:27:39 PM by aevojoey »

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #424 on: August 31, 2014, 04:03:39 PM »

I always thought it was spelled "Beastiality" because of the word "beast" - never even occurred to me to look it up.

It is a pretty common mistake. The context of the word doesn't exactly guarantee its common usage and the proper spelling makes less sense than the wrong one, but... that's just the way it is. English!
It's not even my native language, heh.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2014, 04:06:57 PM by 0nymous »

Offline crazy

« Reply #425 on: August 31, 2014, 06:33:49 PM »
DocClox one of the orginal devs was converting scripting to lua once upon a time is why it is a lua file

Offline 0nymous

• Date eam in verpa.
« Reply #426 on: August 31, 2014, 07:43:47 PM »
DocClox one of the orginal devs was converting scripting to lua once upon a time is why it is a lua file

Honestly? I'm hardly complaining. The .lua file was REALLY easy to modify in Notepad++, which is great.
If the .xml format would be just as clear-written and simple then I await the new scripts with twice the eagerness.

Offline Yukinohki

« Reply #427 on: August 31, 2014, 09:39:20 PM »

It is a pretty common mistake. The context of the word doesn't exactly guarantee its common usage and the proper spelling makes less sense than the wrong one, but... that's just the way it is. English!
It's not even my native language, heh.

The ancient origin of the word is latin (as with many words): bestia, which is beast in english today and bestie in german
so it makes sense, but i only know it, because the word is still nearly the same here in germany

Offline Kanazzas

« Reply #428 on: September 01, 2014, 01:07:34 PM »
hi.

when im raising girls stats with a consumable, the stats drop again after a few weeks (i checked, and i set it too "default behaviour (permanent)")

and my game crashes when i start getting 20+ girls. which i find strange since the only jobs i used were stripper, city guard and practice skills.

Offline Torajidi

« Reply #429 on: September 02, 2014, 03:23:44 PM »
when im raising girls stats with a consumable, the stats drop again after a few weeks (i checked, and i set it too "default behaviour (permanent)")

This is happening with every item for me, even equipment and default items. The stats drop by a fraction each week, starting with the week they're equipped: I gave a girl a test wristband, giving her 100 in every stat and making her an S rank in most of the professions. The turn summary message for Barmaid was the B rank message, meaning her stats had already dropped before they were called into effect for the week.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #430 on: September 02, 2014, 10:01:22 PM »
I just replaced my hard drive with a new solid state drive.
My computer runs much smoother and faster now.  :)

This is happening with every item for me, even equipment and default items. The stats drop by a fraction each week, starting with the week they're equipped: I gave a girl a test wristband, giving her 100 in every stat and making her an S rank in most of the professions. The turn summary message for Barmaid was the B rank message, meaning her stats had already dropped before they were called into effect for the week.
I will be looking at this problem shortly.

and my game crashes when i start getting 20+ girls. which i find strange since the only jobs i used were stripper, city guard and practice skills.
I need your save game and any files that you have changed to check the exact cause.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #431 on: September 03, 2014, 12:11:50 AM »
So a cool thing happened, but it came with a bad thing.

One of my crystal purifiers, named Meta, refused to work. The director apparently made her film a scene instead of just sitting on her ass. That's cool!

But the text displayed when this happened was:

"film the scenes, the Director ordered Metato  while someone else filmed it"

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #432 on: September 03, 2014, 12:35:57 AM »
So a cool thing happened, but it came with a bad thing.
One of my crystal purifiers, named Meta, refused to work. The director apparently made her film a scene instead of just sitting on her ass. That's cool!
That is part of the new "Intelligent Matron" stuff I started.

But the text displayed when this happened was:
"film the scenes, the Director ordered Metato  while someone else filmed it"
That is part of the old "Coder Not Testing Everything" stuff I always do.

Fixed it.

I have gone over the item equip/use code and found that everything was using temp Skills/Stats.
I changed them to use skillmod and statmod instead.
Temp items still use temp S/S.
This will allow items to affect the girls stats more forcefully as well as allow them to improve their S/S.
The old way of having the items directly affect the base S/S could render some items useless because of the 0-100 limits.
Now the base S/S stays as 0-100 but the S/S mod can range from -100 to +100 effectively forcing the girl's S/S to either max or min.

Base + Temp + Mod = Total with 0-100 limit

While currently everything is limited to the 0-100, I may increase the limits by scaling numbers above and below the limits.
So effectively, if a girl has (Base 100 + Temp 100 + Mod 100) her Total would be some amount of the 300 scaled down.
Probably amounts above 100 would be counted as 1/10 so 300 would be 120.
Negative numbers would be an entirely different can of worms (-20 charisma?) so probably not going to happen.
This would require a lot of running through the code so it will probably not come anytime soon.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 01:50:51 AM by aevojoey »

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #433 on: September 03, 2014, 07:45:53 PM »
Yeah, I like what the Director is thinking. I had it happen again, and she assigned the girl to do blowjob scenes - which I can't assign yet. I also see your post shows striptease scenes, which I also can't assign.  Nice! Will those categories be assignable in the next version?

Also, another bug report. If you save a turn partway through, scenes filmed but not yet released go away.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #434 on: September 03, 2014, 08:22:21 PM »
Yeah, I like what the Director is thinking. I had it happen again, and she assigned the girl to do blowjob scenes - which I can't assign yet. I also see your post shows striptease scenes, which I also can't assign.  Nice! Will those categories be assignable in the next version?
Both are available now, "Film Oral Sex" and "Film Strip Tease".
Scroll down on the jobs list.

Also, another bug report. If you save a turn partway through, scenes filmed but not yet released go away.
This is a long time bug, filmed scenes are never saved.
I will be fixing that sometime but not sure when.