Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3814945 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: General Discussion
« Reply #3915 on: October 25, 2014, 09:40:22 AM »
Btw we already have jobs json for quite a long time. I pushed rooms pictures, there are beggar, poor, decent and luxury levels. I guess there should be another level, royal or something, but it definitely should be scriped, rare and unusual cases, like elven queen for example.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #3916 on: October 25, 2014, 01:12:45 PM »
Btw we already have jobs json for quite a long time. I pushed rooms pictures, there are beggar, poor, decent and luxury levels. I guess there should be another level, royal or something, but it definitely should be scriped, rare and unusual cases, like elven queen for example.

Awesome, I'll take a look :)

Edit: Remind me, what did we want to with stats/numbers in jobs json file? I should be able to take care of this next weekend (next week should be crazy before than).
« Last Edit: October 25, 2014, 02:07:20 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3917 on: October 25, 2014, 02:10:32 PM »
Numbers are multiplicators for some base wage value that we cannot balance now anyway. Stats I added because we could use them somehow (either jobs are based on them, or jobs increase those stats more than others).

Offline Gismo

« Reply #3918 on: October 25, 2014, 06:56:25 PM »
Laid out on dropbox my collection of items.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3919 on: October 26, 2014, 06:43:45 AM »
So, about a year ago in db Ncog laid out his concept for girlsmeets.
Approach Phase:
Normal - Hey, What's up...
Aggressive - (Smack her on the butt) How are you doing good looking
Deceptive - Hey, do I know you from somewhere...

based on how the player answers the approach phase the girl will *based on traits*
put him into either the Stranger and Friendly sections.
Each section unlocks new options.

Stranger Phase (affection 1-25): color red
Chat - Interests, Hangouts, People
 Submenu Interests: Money, Power, Clothes, Trips, Morality, Sex, Food, Drugs
 Submenu Hangouts: Park, Resturant, Onsen, Book Store
Compliment - Hair, Body, Breasts, Butt, Face, Inteligence, Her work

(if you talk about something she likes you get a +5 to affection)

Friendly Phase (affection 25-50): color yellow
Date - Park, Beach, Restaurant, Onsen, Book Store
Hug
Give Gift - Money, Gift Item, Drink, Drugged Drink

(same as before only now giving her something and +10 affection (these options cost money except hugging which can only be done after you give her something))
(you can still use the options from the previous phase to get a +5 if you want)
(giving them a drugged drink will cause the girl to temporarily have a boost in
affection - if you kiss or have sex with her in this state she'll permanantly keep the boost in affection)<- need to budget action points/money for drinks

Girlfriend Phase (affection 50-75): color green
Kiss
 Kiss submenu:
Sex
 Sex submenu: Anal, Vaginal
  Sex position submenu: Cowgirl, Doggy style, Missionary, Sixty-Nine
(same options from previous only these on top of them; +5 affection for each)
(after you have sex with a girl for the first time negative affection is no longer is an issue)(before this if you talked or gave her something she didn't like you'd get -5 affection)

Infatuation Phase (affection 75-100): color pink
Ask to become Brothel Girl
Ask to borrow money
Ask to introduce to friends/threesome (new girl starts out at girlfriend stage)

Slave Phase (affection 100): heart symbol
Will do anything you want loyalty 100 percent doesn't try to runaway, etc.

He even made an excel spreadsheet with starting dispositions for different occupations depending on girl's social rank.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3920 on: October 26, 2014, 12:24:39 PM »
What we're working on seems to be a better option.  We can control every menu and submenu with conditions and personal flags. Gm and interactions can be unified this way to a great degree.

I don't think that there should be obvious progression as Ncog suggested,  especially with all the options you and CW wtote already. We can simply limit some of these options as they become exhausted and have new once appear. But even that should be used with caution since negative replies work a lot better.

How do you see this concept working for us right now?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3921 on: October 26, 2014, 01:50:38 PM »
Color indication for disposition or something like that? Because showing numbers is too plain and straightforward.
Also, if we use AA type of reaction (bad, normsl, good, etc), we can use all those topics from submenus. Things like ask to borrow money and ask to introduce to friends/threesome are cool ideas too, actually.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3922 on: October 26, 2014, 02:58:13 PM »
Color indication for disposition or something like that? Because showing numbers is too plain and straightforward.
Also, if we use AA type of reaction (bad, normsl, good, etc), we can use all those topics from submenus. Things like ask to borrow money and ask to introduce to friends/threesome are cool ideas too, actually.

We were planning to obfuscate disposition with words when we discussed it last. Cool ideas for sure, I would prefer ti implement that after next release. Maybe along side of relationship system.

Like what we're doing?

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #3923 on: October 27, 2014, 03:26:30 AM »
LoL Way to stay focused!  ;)

Alignment rewrite, better intro, events, mc start-up texts and bonuses. I think the alignments should come first, would be nice to finish and forget about that for a while...

Quick checklist:
Alignment rewrite – know what and how, it will be done (should be done before Thursday).

Better intro – will do it Papa Bear Style: not to hot, not to cold, just right (should be done before Thursday).

Events – concepts & outcomes, will think some don’t know who will code them :P
And a question can unique/random girls take part in theme or just stick to things that can happen to MC?

MC start-up texts – here I got questions: Adjust them to multiple choice line, like current path is presented: Merchant/Caravan/Two options. Or just stay on Merchant/Sub Merchant Class? About boosts, should they be one time start up bonuses like extra gold, some item or can they be a percentage growth in certain stats (for example warrior/some sub class; would have 150% strength growth from trainings). Also I assume that Attributes MAX should be different for all classes, but should the given amount of Attribute points be equal to all? For the example above, the sum is 220 points. Same amount for all or should this number be increase/decrease?

LAST Q to the Dev team and all other that read this: Do you want any particular class to be created (Mushroom picker, no legged pirate)? Just give me a name and I will think of something. This is my week off, so I have some time to write this.

« Last Edit: October 27, 2014, 07:12:23 AM by MrKlaus »

Offline livingforever

« Reply #3924 on: October 27, 2014, 08:45:39 AM »
Hi!
LAST Q to the Dev team and all other that read this: Do you want any particular class to be created (Mushroom picker, no legged pirate)? Just give me a name and I will think of something. This is my week off, so I have some time to write this.
Actually, yes. I thought about writing it myself, but if you have the time and want to do it, go ahead.

Based on this post I think that most of the existing backgrounds sound a bit negative (like there was no other choice) - and I think it would be cool to have a class like "Spoiled brat" (subject to change, feel free to come up with a name), a young guy/girl that is annoyed by how limited his/her noble family's view is and therefore decides to take some of their money to do something on his/her own.
Have fun!

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3925 on: October 27, 2014, 02:37:09 PM »
My area got hit by a seriously bad weather so I am down to last super slow internet connection.

Please finish alignments and intro first. Hold on with events as we need to discuss that first in pms. MC stories need to be in the same format as Gismos example stories. I think all personal mc substories should hint to warrior or casanova classes but they can be called anything in the mc build screen. You can try to push one yourself or find the mc screen file and work off the example there and pm me when done.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #3926 on: October 27, 2014, 05:56:02 PM »
I've managed to combine the girls meets/interactions/training into 1 system.

The training screen now filters out all one-off-event training.

The GM system now accepts a "mode" variable that currently can be one of 3 options. "girl_meets", "girl_interactions" and "girl_trainings". This is the basis for the action filtering.

In GT mode the one-off-event trainings are converted into actions that go "Training" > "[Course name]" > "[Lesson name]", so Training>Reward>Praise for instance.

The labels for the actions now follow a slightly different naming scheme. They can be any of:
  • girl_meets_[label]_[girl]
  • girl_meets_[label]
  • girl_interactions_[label]_[girl]
  • girl_interactions_[label]
  • girl_trainings_[label]_[girl]
  • girl_trainings_[label]
  • interactions_[label]_[girl]
  • interactions_[label]

The most generic label is "interactions" which the GM will default to if none of the others can be found. "girl_meets", "girl_interactions" and "girl_trainings" will override "interactions" with a mode specific variation. For instance "Chat">"About Her" has a "girl_meets" variant.

The one-off-training labels don't follow this pattern as they are specified solely by the training lesson, but they do now look for character specific labels.

The existing scenes have been updated, mainly the gm_variables they accessed and where they jump to. The biggest change is that all the scenes have been moved into menu-specific files. So everything under "chat" is now in the file "library/interactions/GM - chat.rpy".

Still playing with it a bit, so there's some time before any changes you've made to the GM labels will be scuppered.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3927 on: October 27, 2014, 06:51:05 PM »
Take your time,  I have some in depth ideas and concepts but there is no chance that I'll be able to write that out until weekend.  It's mostly about longer term training, stats and skills.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #3928 on: October 28, 2014, 12:30:49 PM »
Pushed preliminary version of loot items. It broke the game though, so fix is needed.

Offline Eliont

« Reply #3929 on: October 29, 2014, 01:18:54 AM »
without a calculator.
"Calculator" embedded into game.

That's an interesting idea. But how are you going to determine whether an item is rare or not? Do we need a new field for items, like cheap/common/good/rare/unique?
Maybe.

Now, when our author and creator of game world run away i decide to use story from Kamidori Alchemy Meister (Serawi route suits perfectly) and Princess Waltz battle engine (because i don't know kamidori formulas) + some characters from that. And now i think how to seamless combine them. Battle engine almost complete, now i think about quest sustem realization.
English is not my native language, please excuse me for grammar issues.