- We've switched from Git to Mercurial, repository is still on SourceForge and direct link to it is: http://sourceforge.net/projects/sb-pytfall/
Game as it is on the Repo is not setup to be playable, rather it is setup to facilitate testing so this is not likely to be useful to anyone who wants to play but is meant for people who might want to contribute to the project or help us hunting Errors.
We've decided to disable
easy access at least until @ release. Feedback from downloaders seems to be practically non-existent and alpha release is not that far off + events at time of alpha release will be boring if people seen them already.Running PytFall
- First thing you'll need is RenPy: http://www.renpy.org/latest.html
Just unzip it, it doesn't require an installation.
- Second you'll need Mercurial, I strongly suggest: http://tortoisehg.bitbucket.org/download/
cause it's kinda awesome. You'll have to install this one.
1) Create a folder in RenPy where you'd like the game to be, you can call it anything you like (mine is called "pytfall")
2) In that folder: rightclick --> TortoiseHg --> Clone
3) Under "Source": enter:
4) Under "Destination" there should be a local path to folder you've created in step 1).
5) Click "Clone"
Last thing you will need are:
These are more recent packs by Dark: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/43556362/Girls.rar
Inside these .rar files are the characters for the game. After you've cloned Repo (Steps 1-5), you will find the "game/content" folder in RenPy/[whatever you named the project]. chars and rchars folders in .rar files should be unarchived there (path to Persona characters for example should look something like:
To update, just rightclick --> TortoiseHg --> Synchronize in "pyfall" folder, it's self-explanatory there after.Devloping PytFall
PyTFall is being developed using DropBox and Mercurial Repo on SF as explained above. If you wish to contribute, you can grab the Repo and take a look inside. If you think that you can help out (It's a lot easier than it looks), post a message on forums or in PM.Discussing project
We're usually doing this here, Mijh has also setup an IRC channel for the project so if required, we can use that or Skype.
Apart from giving thoughts in these forums, if you'd like to get immediate feedback or discuss something in real time, we have a chat channel on OFTC IRC server.
You should mention someone's name or /query them (private msg) to notify them when you talk.
Here is a video on how to set up and connect to IRC:
Hope to see you on #PytFall