Author Topic: <-- Archived --> (Image Tagger 0.3 released!)  (Read 16180 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: Image Tagger 0.2 released!
« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2013, 06:19:09 AM »
Ok, this is a serious matter. Since the tagger works in full screen only, it has to have a panic button of some sort. Alt+Tab can't be trusted if you have a lot of windows (some of them may be too small), and win+m is difficult to find quickly.
Right now you can't even minimize the window, so it's pretty dangerous software, unless you are alone around the clock  :D
« Last Edit: October 09, 2013, 06:22:16 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 06:40:10 AM »
Ok, this is a serious matter. Since the tagger works in full screen only, it has to have a panic button of some sort. Alt+Tab can't be trusted if you have a lot of windows (some of them may be too small), and win+m is difficult to find quickly.
Right now you can't even minimize the window, so it's pretty dangerous software, unless you are alone around the clock  :D

You can change the resolution in options, if it's small enough, you'll have the minimize button too...
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 06:55:12 AM »
Ah yes, indeed. I thought rudi disabled minimize button. Thanks.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2013, 11:14:39 AM »
The tagger needs "jump to N" option. Just previous and next for huge packs is not enough.

Offline rudistoned

Re: Image Tagger 0.3 released!
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2013, 07:16:31 AM »
Alright, I finally found some time to get a new release of ImageTagger out. Look for download links in the release thread in the Otherworld forum.

Changes:
* main tag groups are displayed as separate tabs
* arrow keys change displayed image and tab group
* moved tag editor into the center and the image viewer into a dock

@DarkTI
You are right about the jump to N option. Noted for the next release. In the meantime, I suggest you just split up the images into several subfolders. Moving them around does not affect their tags, so if you want them all in the same folder, you can move them back from the subfolders after you're done with tagging.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2013, 05:02:20 PM »
The tagger also could use some sort of button to delete the current displayed picture. Right now you even have to restart it after deleting a picture from the folder manually.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2013, 08:07:28 AM »
Interesting, looks like one of Nami pics has some kind of japanese tag.

It probably won't be a problem, but for the future an option to delete unknown tags would be useful, I guess.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2013, 11:40:31 AM »

It probably won't be a problem, but for the future an option to delete unknown tags would be useful, I guess.

Rofl, we've never considered that some pics might come with XMP data in them :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2013, 05:53:24 AM »
The tagger also could use some sort of button to delete the current displayed picture.
Noted for next release.

[...] an option to delete unknown tags would be useful, I guess.
Noted for next release.
Bonus points to Qt for correctly displaying a japanese character without me doing anything to support that.

Any other feature requests for the next version?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2013, 06:29:04 AM »
When you export tags to json, default folder for saving it should be the current one open for tagging instead of <tagger folder>\res.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #25 on: October 31, 2013, 08:02:56 AM »
As a side note, it's amazing how strongly the tagger fragments files. About 10 fragments per each picture.

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #26 on: October 31, 2013, 02:41:50 PM »
Interesting. I never looked at that. I take it the partition in which you keep those files is quite full? Were the files unfragmented before they were tagged? NTFS file system?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #27 on: October 31, 2013, 06:01:45 PM »
Well, I have many games installed right now, so it's only 46% space free on the logical drive. I'm running defragmentation tool every week, so they were unfragmented. And yes, it's NTFS.

After tagging every single picture becomes 6-12 fragments (10 in average), and that's quite unusual. I mean, why 6 at least, while jsons created by the tagger are never fragmented? And when I hunting for pics while making a pack, they are not that much fragmented, about 3-4 fragments at worst.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 06:03:22 PM by DarkTl »

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #28 on: November 02, 2013, 03:51:36 AM »
46% free is plenty, so that should not be a problem. NTFS is prone to fragmentation, but since you're defragging it so often, the files probably were unfragmented when you started tagging. IIRC, I implemented it so that the tagger orders a file write every time you switch to another image and at least one of the tags was changed. If you switch around a lot and mostly add tags, that could be an explanation, though I'm still surprised by the amount of fragmentation that ensues.