Author Topic: Random girl thoughts  (Read 6311 times)

Offline Anon21

Random girl thoughts
« on: August 07, 2011, 05:06:31 AM »
'K, I've been thinking about the way random girls are handled.  The problem I have with random girls is that they aren't random. That is there are only a few random girl templates and they have self-consistent picture sets. I don't what to have 10 'random' bunny girls who all look identical.

So how about having a whole heap of 'random' girl characters each with only one (different) profile pic in their character directory. That way you could have 30, 40 or whatever, different 'random' girls quite easily.

It also would mean that I'd finally have to get around to fixing it so that missing sex pictures from a character use the default picture. :-P

So, what do you lot think?

Offline drake

Re: Random girl thoughts
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2011, 02:51:00 PM »
That could actually be a good idea.  A toggle would be optimal, but given how many people avoid random girls, it could work without one.

Offline Lafate

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2011, 03:39:32 PM »
Sounds very interesting. I'd like it.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2011, 04:38:26 PM »
could be done quite easily.
for naming the randoms (since it actually doesn't matter) I'd suggest something like Br1 (brown hair 1) B1 (black hair 1), etc. or just plain numbers. and maybe two or three profile pics of the same chick, then people could choose just one or use them all.

I actually made a very sarcastic comment suggesting something similar this in a topic once, lol.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2011, 03:44:24 AM »
That could actually be a good idea.  A toggle would be optimal, but given how many people avoid random girls, it could work without one.

Well, we do have the 'RandomGirlNerf' in the config. Also I'll make it a separate download so people who don't want them just won't have them.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2011, 10:52:46 AM »
My only real problem with random girls is when people use pics of unique girls in my game that fit their motif. The more randoms the better is the way I see it, then you have less consecutive pic sets when playing; but when those pics match up to a girl in my unique file it's annoying.

I have to admit though, for that reason randoms are harder to come up with.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2011, 11:10:42 AM »
My only real problem with random girls is when people use pics of unique girls in my game that fit their motif. The more randoms the better is the way I see it, then you have less consecutive pic sets when playing; but when those pics match up to a girl in my unique file it's annoying.

I have to admit though, for that reason randoms are harder to come up with.

This is why we need structure like the one that was in "Active Girls List"... Unique Girls /- Show + Random Girls /- Origin of the basegirl
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, 12:01:17 PM »
Well, Lafate has put a big expectation on himself for randoms, so I look forward to his pack; he's always followed through with his word as far as I've been here.

I'm sure he's already bitching at himself for the standard he set for himself though lol.
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, 12:09:24 PM »
Well, Lafate has put a big expectation on himself for randoms, so I look forward to his pack; he's always followed through with his word as far as I've been here.

I'm sure he's already bitching at himself for the standard he set for himself though lol.

Well, some of his packs were really good but I will never "forgive/forget  :D "  his "Avatar and Winx" packs. What he did with the Active Girls List was prolly the best thing in WM for a long time, we need to find some way to sort unique girls by "Show" again...
 Moon's pack has some very decent randoms... They could be posted separately to make a decent set.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2011, 12:40:08 PM »

By the way, I am still downloading/uploading crap from/to Russian site. One interesting thing I've found was an insane amount of CGs from PC Games (Graphic Novel types mostly). It is a 36GB download but if we are talking random girls, many of those sets could be used for Randoms and many have pics to fill a good number of categories...
Like what we're doing?

Offline Mak

• Donator
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2011, 01:04:22 PM »
I had d/l'ed Moonchaos' pack before, I don't recall the reason but I didn't really use his randoms. If it wasn't for pics that weren't uniques I don't know why I wouldn't have.

Haha, I looked through his Winx and Avatar packs, there were some pics that seemed odd to me, but I don't know either series so I can't really make any legitimate comments on that.

Graphic Novel characters would probably be great subjects for randoms, a little more obscure and a lot less likely to show up as a unique. I once tried to make a pack for Saya from Saya no Uta but couldn't find enough pics. So the problem would be finding pics, so if you have a bundle that would be a big step forward.

Offline sgb

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2011, 07:52:59 PM »
The one problem with this is it makes random girls even less appealing to bother keeping around.  If they just pull from the same generic pool of images, I'd probably stop keeping them around.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2011, 08:39:37 PM »
I've already posted on this but...
thing about this game, you play with as many or as few girls as you want. so if something doesn't suit you just delete it. want multiple versions of a unique girl, make her a random. want oonly one copy of a random make her unique.
if you only want randoms that have a few pics of one girl (rather then a complation of multiple girls) that's fine. as long as you don't try to force this change on everyone else. as it is I don't see that being possible/easy to do. if you want the complation you can still use (or not) this change in addition to the other girls.
IMOP