Author Topic: <-- Archived -->  (Read 113302 times)

Offline DarkTl

I guess if we'll need miscellaneous items with different mechanics eventually, we could just add a couple of "furniture" slots. But I don't mind if you will make mtemp field as I described, it's definitely give some new opportunities.

How are you planning to handle shops btw? Will it be a single shop like in wm, or one for weapons and armor, one for potions, one for food, etc?

One more thing. Strings like
        mod health = '10000'
        ctemp = '1'
mean that at the next turn girl will have 0 hp, right?
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 09:33:06 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
I guess if we'll need miscellaneous items with different mechanics eventually, we could just add a couple of "furniture" slots. But I don't mind if you will make mtemp field as I described, it's definitely give some new opportunities.

Yeap

How are you planning to handle shops btw? Will it be a single shop like in wm, or one for weapons and armor, one for potions, one for food, etc?

There is location field for each item, you can specify multiple locations as well. The trouble is that since shops will be designed and added later, I don't know what those locations are.

One more thing. Strings like
        mod health = '10000'
        ctemp = '1'
mean that at the next turn girl will have 0 hp, right?

Yeap
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

Yeah, I know we don't have locations names yet, I use dummy names for now to make renaming simpler later.
I don't ask for names, I ask for preliminary plans about number of stores. While there is one shop for everything in WM, SM3 has a lot of them.

you can specify multiple locations as well.
Now that's something I did not know, since you can't do it in WM  :)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Yeah, I know we don't have locations names yet, I use dummy names for now to make renaming simpler later.
I don't ask for names, I ask for preliminary plans about number of stores. While there is one shop for everything in WM, SM3 has a lot of them.
Now that's something I did not know, since you can't do it in WM  :)

My plan is to mimic Alkion's system where making new shops is very easy (due to Roman being a proper coder). Remains to be seen if I can crack it or rather how long it will take me to crack it :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

What about drugs? I mean, in WM addiction means new negative trait, but since we'll have that mysterious Effects system you keep mentioning, and addiction is close in meaning to poisoned...

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
What about drugs? I mean, in WM addiction means new negative trait, but since we'll have that mysterious Effects system you keep mentioning, and addiction is close in meaning to poisoned...

Yeah, not coded in yet so forget about drugs for now. I originally wanted it to be separate system with some cool/serious effects.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

I wonder if eqchance has effect on consumables. Or should have it at all.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I wonder if eqchance has effect on consumables. Or should have it at all.

Why not? They should use consumables, shouldn't they?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

I guess. But if a girl already bought something with a certain probability, one more dice check is overkill (she already wants it, so there is no reason to not consume it immediately). So maybe eqchance should have effect on items received from MC only. Again, unless we talk about a slave or high enough disposition, in these cases MC controls the consumption.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 05:46:27 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
I guess. But if a girl already bought something with a certain probability, one more dice check is overkill (she already wants it, so there is no reason to not consume it immediately). So maybe eqchance should have effect on items received from MC only. Again, unless we talk about a slave or high enough disposition, in these cases MC controls the consumption.

How is that an overkill and where did a second dice check came from? eqchance will be checked when a girl will try to equip/consume an item, badness checks when she buys one. They're both the same unless specified otherwise...

LoL

You think a dice check is an overkill but tracking where girls got an item isn't? :D
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

So if we have 50% for purchase and 50% for consumption, that means 25% eventually, since probabilities are multiplied?

Furthermore, I'm not sure, for example, which eqchance should have healing potions. If I set it to 0, you won't be able to heal your nonslave girls. And if I set it to 100, they will drink it immediately, so you won't be able to prepare them for some battle.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:07:43 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
So if we have 50% for purchase and 50% for consumption, that means 25% eventually, since probabilities are multiplied?

Those are different functions, chance will be 50% in both cases.

Furthermore, I'm not sure, for example, which eqchance should have healing potions. If I set it so 0, you won't be able to heal your nonslave girls. And if I set it to 100, they will drink it immediately, so you won't be able to prepare them for some battle.

Functions will be more complicated than that.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

You think a dice check is an overkill but tracking where girls got an item isn't? :D
Yup. When girl buys an item, she just uses it immediately without eqchance check. So you can't actually call it a real tracking, that item doesn't even appear in her inventory.

I'm afraid that because of the second check inventory will be quickly filled, and after that girls will stop to buy new items. Unless I'll set eqchance at 100% for every item in shops, and in this case we might as well remove that check at all.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 06:43:11 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
Yup. When girl buys an item, she just uses it immediately without eqchance check. So you can't actually call it a real tracking, that item doesn't even appear in her inventory.

I'm afraid that because of the second check inventory will be quickly filled, and after that girls will stop to buy new items. Unless I'll set eqchance at 100% for every item in shops, and in this case we might as well remove that check at all.

Agreed.

Well, with the first part, second part is more difficult to predicts since girls have limited amounts of cash and unlimited inventory.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

On the other hand, if the game will check for eqchance any consumables for every girl at every turn, it probably shouldn't be a problem. Thus, they will gradually consume items rather than store them forever