Poll

How should the game protray the PC's personality

Well Defined: A PC with well defined character traits makes for more interesting events
10 (16.9%)
Bland: The more personality the PC shows, the harder it becomes to immerse myself in the game
20 (33.9%)
Profiles: let's allow several different interaction stlyles based on a config setting
26 (44.1%)
Other: Please explain what below
3 (5.1%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: April 04, 2010, 07:25:59 PM

Author Topic: PC Personality  (Read 9854 times)

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
Re: PC Personality
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 12:02:42 PM »
I think this poll is more centered on how the devs will distinguish the personality of the PC so when modders do get down and dirty with the scripting they'll have defined personality to keep consistent with. If the PC's personality is all over the place he'll lose who he is and what defines him as a character.

Of course that's not to say someone could completely re-write the games scripts and make him however they choose. As this discussion gets further and further along I side more and more with the blank slate PC for simplicities sake. It'll be easier for modders to handle and anyone who wants to develop a character out of the PC is more than welcome to. It's a shame in sense, I do like a predefined personality but I suppose for this game it's not really needed. The blank PC is the easiest way to go for both modders and devs.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Rose

Re: PC Personality
« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2010, 08:23:27 AM »
I'd say the best (at least from a story perspective) choice would be to track several "personality stats" (these stats would obviously be hidden, not shown to the player) that are influenced by your actions, and to make events change based on those stats. Say for example you used the stats "goodness" "lawfulness" and "kindness". A character with high goodness and lawfulness but low kindness would have a Knight Templar personality (think: overzealous law enforcer), a character with high goodness and kindness but low lawfullness would be a well-intentioned outlaw (think: Robin Hood), a character with high lawfulness but medium kindness and goodness would be a bureaucrat, a character with all scores low would be an evil, lawbreaking tyrant. That kind of thing.
The truth is out there, but it's usually pretty boring, so people make up interesting lies instead.