Author Topic: compiling a walk through for All aspects of making girl packs  (Read 12062 times)

Offline fires_flair

ok, thinking about this, I have an idea.
there have (at least lately) been a lot of questions/ideas regarding the girl editor,
if some one were to write a girl editor information file would it be possible to include it in the packs (a lot more convenient for quick reference, and most of it could just be copied and pasted from the board, so who ever writes it wouldn't have to write it from scratch). it would expanded on from what's already there (the explanation of the stats)
at a minimum I think it should contain not only the stats (we could merge that file into it), but also an explanation on file naming (known bug with that edition, if there are any), common things to check if there's an error (like girls vs xgirls/girlsx (which ever the right one is), and what files are supported.
I wold also suggest updating the girl editor sent with the pack (unless there's a reason it's not), or at least saying girl editor is defunct, check the site "LINK" to get the new one and character packs other have made. in addition it would be helpful to include the running requirements of the girl maker (that .net thing)
it could also explain in detail how everything works, things to remember and such, for the actual editor.
I would also put in a part on how to upload the files (like having to make a .zip/etc file with it in it) recommended hosting sites, and programs to get the .zip option.

I'm willing to do write it, if you guys are willing to double check everything and answer any questions that I may think of regarding it. I'm not an expert or anything on how it works, so I might be missing some things to include. and even if it wouldn't be included maybe it would be good to have a completed guild in one topic, (and/or file to download).

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: compiling a walk through for All aspects of making girl packs
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 05:36:34 AM »
You are welcome to use and build on the guide I wrote for creating girls, if you want.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 07:01:03 PM »
cool, so I've writen the introduction...
hello Master, I am your fateful servant here to guild you through the process of creating your own girls.
first I shell tell you how to install the needed machines to create a girl, since the ones provided are old and do not work
 then I shell tell you everything you need to know on how to create an image for your girl
then I shell tell you how to create the soul and body for the girl, from deciding if she will be a lesbian, have big boob, or small to whether she will be charming, a human or a monster.
I will also explain what the traits mean and how the machine 'girl creator' works.
I will also share with you the secrete of sharing and receiving other girls that other Masters have made.

what do guys think? is this good or should I rewrite it in plain speaking (I was thinking little minion/imp type character (writer), and a lab (girl editor) at least for the introduction.

exodia91

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 11:51:24 PM »
hmmm... idea.... would it be possible to combine the girl editor program with the actual game, give it a matching UI and put it within the game itself? and .... how to I say this... ^^^ play it off similar to what that guys written above? It'd give the process more... polish, being to able to actually make the girls in the game. Not to mention more character. Of course whoever wrote the girl editor code would have to be okay with it, if this is even possible in the first place.

Offline OvdS

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 12:56:16 AM »

h Hello Master, I am your fateful servant here to guild guide you through the process of creating your own girls.
first I shell shall tell you how to install the needed machines to create a girl, since the ones provided are old and do not work
 then I shell shall tell you everything you need to know on how to create an image for your girl
then I shell shall tell you how to create the soul and body for the girl, from deciding if she will be a lesbian, have big boob, or small to whether she will be charming, a human or a monster.
I will also explain what the traits mean and how the machine 'girl creator' works.
I will also share with you the secrete of sharing and receiving other girls that other Masters have made.

Very good work, indeed. I just proofread the first text, finding and correcting a few minor mistakes.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 04:14:38 AM »
yay, you guys like it. I quickly wrote that up befor heading to work....and didn't give it another look. that's for checking the grammer/spelling Ovds.

just to make sure I have something right.
in the girl editor the stats are without the traits right?

I think with the errors I'll put some of the to do stuff in it, like a config option for the ages (which will be very good, I don't like 60's even if they look like they're 20, and for legal reasons.), and other things I find in my search for information.

also can you guys think of something to refer to other users buy I don't really like "other masters" seems stiff, and badly worded.

Offline OvdS

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 04:31:17 AM »
(...)
just to make sure I have something right.
in the girl editor the stats are without the traits right?
Yes. The traits add their changes only in the game.
(..)
also can you guys think of something to refer to other users buy I don't really like "other masters" seems stiff, and badly worded.
How about "fellow slavekeepers"?

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2010, 05:40:24 AM »
sounds good... I'm calling the coders "the powers that be" cause they are really frigging cool)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 05:44:08 AM by fires_flair »

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 05:56:16 AM »
ok another quick question.
is it sex pictures or profile pics that are used if a girl doesn't have pics like les, bdsm, etc.?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 06:26:19 AM »
I can't check the code here to find out. Why don't you create a girl with jut a profile pic and one for vanilla bonking, then load her up and see which pics get used?

You can edit your girlsx file to make sure she appears early

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 06:34:19 AM »
Sex pics appear
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2010, 06:39:57 AM »
thanks necro :)

oh and I've been working on it some more. here's what I have completed so far
.net framework 3.5. and 7zip or winrar
Many other masters recommend using 7zip, found here
The newest lab is available here "whore master editor"[category][ID].
ok, where it's blue there is supposed to be a hyperlink
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:08:11 AM by fires_flair »

Offline OvdS

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2010, 07:41:28 AM »
Good work!
But I thought, when there were missing pictures, the ones from the default-folder were used. At least this is true for death.

And remember the possibility to have pregsex, pregBDSM etc. pics. I think thats still implemented.   

Offline Graen

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2010, 07:58:00 AM »
And remember the possibility to have pregsex, pregBDSM etc. pics. I think thats still implemented.
I could never get that feature to work, dunno if anyone else has had luck with it.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2010, 02:36:57 PM »
Good work!
But I thought, when there were missing pictures, the ones from the default-folder were used. At least this is true for death.

And remember the possibility to have pregsex, pregBDSM etc. pics. I think that's still implemented.
I didn'y forget, that's covered in the last paragraph. um, some times the default is used and some times it isn't. thanks for reminding me.