Author Topic: Girl database.  (Read 7934 times)

Offline Uriel

Girl database.
« on: March 09, 2010, 05:55:06 PM »
What about making some kind of database for girls? I tried most of the packs from the user mods section, and they already have a lot of dupes, like sometimes the image dir of the same girl has different names(like "name surname" and "surname name"). Some packs has same image dirs, but different images, sometimes dupe images with different names. Some girls are already used as base ones and also included in packs as other girls. And this dupe problem will grow worse with time.
Benefits:
1) Save space(a little maybe, but my characters dir now 1,5Gb, and i think that's not a limit);
2) We will be able to get rid of many ugly images, that are often used now because the author was unable to find any a good ones for specofic action;
3) Easy download - you can search a girl by name and download only ones that you want to see.
I thought about this for a long time, but was unable to find a relatively easy solution. Maybe someone know a way to do something like this?
If not database, maybe just add some kind of organization to image sets?

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
Re: Girl database.
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2010, 07:03:45 PM »
Basically the closest thing to a database we have is Mehzerz master list
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=263.15 abut what it seems what you want is someone to recompile all the girls ever made getting rid of dupes while combining all there images... witch is to much work for for little advantage over mehzerz list
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 12:04:28 AM »
What about making some kind of database for girls? I tried most of the packs from the user mods section, and they already have a lot of dupes, like sometimes the image dir of the same girl has different names(like "name surname" and "surname name"). Some packs has same image dirs, but different images, sometimes dupe images with different names. Some girls are already used as base ones and also included in packs as other girls. And this dupe problem will grow worse with time.
Benefits:
1) Save space(a little maybe, but my characters dir now 1,5Gb, and i think that's not a limit);
2) We will be able to get rid of many ugly images, that are often used now because the author was unable to find any a good ones for specofic action;
3) Easy download - you can search a girl by name and download only ones that you want to see.
I thought about this for a long time, but was unable to find a relatively easy solution. Maybe someone know a way to do something like this?
If not database, maybe just add some kind of organization to image sets?

Are you proposing that there be a list of individual girls for download? So you're not forced into taking several girls you don't want? Well, although that'd be nice it seems like it'd be a LOT of work. Good luck, as for dupes that's what the list is for to avoid making duplicates. The only girls missing on the list are the ones that come with the game. Aside from any duplicates of those. Sooo.... should they be added? Yes, I just haven't done it yet. Shame on me!
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 12:08:27 AM »
I started doing it.  I got ~ 20 or so dupes fixed, and made up a composite .girlsx file without any dupes, but I tired of this very quickly.

I've seen a similar idea implemented before - I think someone made a girls database for one of the Illusion games over on Hongfire.  It's doable, but someone needs to design the database and web interface, and we'd need a server with plenty of bandwidth to host it on.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Uriel

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 03:27:51 AM »
I just thought about this:
Make a separate thread for every girl in a separete board. Make the first post contain a download link. If anyone wants to add something to this specific image set, they can post a link to their images, so the author can look into them and add to the set if they are good enough.
 Something like that. Dunno if our community is big/intrested/motivated enough for this system to work as it intended.

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 04:17:57 AM »
we could also just make a new topic where we post what girls we are currently working on, which ones we have done, and have it so if some one else decides to do that girl it's easier to check to see if some one else plans to do her ( basicly "done" "working on currently""plan to do in the future") they can also say hey I've just done this girl or have this many more pics. this would also be the thread to report duplicates and the like. (like there is a lyn and lindis, who are same girl)
then we could have a link to each creator's topic in another post, with a brief description of what they do (basicly this person does request, this one doesn't, what type of requests (like me with the preg images, or actual girl requests).
I would have probably completed girls in one post, work in progress girls in another, and either in that post, or the next, the requested/to do girls.I would put the links in the first post or the ones after those. there could also be a page for duplicate reports.
though this might be to much up keep. and we could just do away with the done girls since we have Mehzerz's list.

Offline Midnight_Amratha

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 12:17:32 PM »
first things first, WHAT series your girls come from, ppl who have posted already should in all honesty go over their posts and make sure they listed what series their girls came from, now some of you have done so but not all have (we know who you are)
that gives a possibility of making a subthread of each series and the option of making girls who haven't been done yet and also of checking for duplos.
The line between lunacy and genious is very thin.
So far i haven't been able to find it.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
first things first, WHAT series your girls come from

This is also in my list IF the modder of the girls listed the series as well. Any girls I already knew I added myself, most however I've never heard of.

I just thought about this:
Make a separate thread for every girl in a separete board. Make the first post contain a download link. If anyone wants to add something to this specific image set, they can post a link to their images, so the author can look into them and add to the set if they are good enough.
 Something like that. Dunno if our community is big/intrested/motivated enough for this system to work as it intended.

That will flood the boards, and I'd rather we didn't.

we could also just make a new topic where we post what girls we are currently working on, which ones we have done, and have it so if some one else decides to do that girl it's easier to check to see if some one else plans to do her ( basicly "done" "working on currently""plan to do in the future") they can also say hey I've just done this girl or have this many more pics.

I like to keep mine a secret. :3 It makes sense, I'm pretty sure Exodia is doing exactly that. It's a good idea, if you guys really wanted it. I'll do it for my girls, but I don't even know when I'll post more.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline OvdS

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2010, 01:09:10 AM »
I like to keep mine a secret. :3 It makes sense, I'm pretty sure Exodia is doing exactly that. It's a good idea, if you guys really wanted it. I'll do it for my girls, but I don't even know when I'll post more.

Me neither. Since I'm not really an anime-fan, I don't know most of the original names. I have a lots of hentai-pictures (>60000) but no idea, who is who. So when I create a girl, I try to put together pics with matching bodyfeatures. So when you make a complete list, try to add one profile-pic for each girl.   

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2010, 03:58:12 AM »
I was originally going to suggest having each name have a girl image, but I thought it might get a little pic incentive.if my idea is used it might be worth trying.

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2010, 07:04:37 AM »
Images take forever to set up. I was going to do that with the master list, but it takes me forever just doing it for my own mods.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline fires_flair

« Reply #11 on: March 13, 2010, 01:06:40 AM »
I would be willing to implement my idea, if you guys are interested. (I've already gone through the posts and grabbed the girls, and links to all the topics. I've sorted the girls into  unique/ random and from their human, monster, and humanoid, which can be changed.