devolution

Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 629415 times)

Offline SammeyTiger

Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #975 on: October 26, 2015, 01:23:14 AM »
I just noticed that the number of beasts that you have , is not updating properly.
When a girl gives birth to a beast(s) and it says that it(they) are added to your brothel's reserve, the beasts never are.

Update:  Through some tests I found that this bug most often happens when the total number of beasts born is less then 4.

Offline SOMEGUY789

« Reply #976 on: November 04, 2015, 11:51:15 PM »
So I'm not sure if its a bug or if I'm not understanding something but sometimes I occasionally get a kidnapped girl despite not having anyone set to kidnap and had no events the turn before.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #977 on: December 08, 2015, 06:47:38 PM »
This might be a bug report, it might be a design feature.  Not sure.

Conceptually, when you are creating a random girl (.rgirlsx), you can specify if she's human or not. You can also specify where she is found, either in the catacombs or elsewhere.  And conceptually, these two attributes are orthogonal.

But I'm pretty sure if you design a random "human, found only in the catacombs" girl, you have a zero percent chance of her actually showing up. I find it extremely non-PC, that in a game with frequent gang killings, rape, and torture, that the catacombs are for non-humans only. Specie-ist redlining!!

(Yep, that's sarcasm - but I would really like to be able to find humans in the catacombs, too.)

Offline crazy

« Reply #978 on: December 08, 2015, 10:19:04 PM »
But I'm pretty sure if you design a random "human, found only in the catacombs" girl, you have a zero percent chance of her actually showing up. I find it extremely non-PC, that in a game with frequent gang killings, rape, and torture, that the catacombs are for non-humans only. Specie-ist redlining!!
Hmm that is one Idk the answer to.  It probably by design but shouldn't really be that way.  Im drawing a complete blank on where to look for this but if I stumble across it Ill see what I can do.

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
« Reply #979 on: December 09, 2015, 09:38:27 AM »
Great - thanks for keeping an eye out.

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #980 on: December 12, 2015, 08:33:22 AM »
Hi

I recently re-started playing WM again, i downloaded your current version (06.02.19) added some random packs to begin.
Long story short, i had a crash every ~10 minutes in dungeon when torturing. I thought that the random girl files were old, so i loaded them up and saved them with the character editor, but the problem still persisted.
Removed all but one random girl and recreated its file from the template in the build.(also attached) but it did not help.

process to reproduce:
-girl in dungeon (virgin)
-girl details, interact, force, r*pe
-back to dungeon girl list
-torture

It does not happen on each try, and according to the log it crashes at cGirlTorture::UpdateTraits() so i would guess it is related to "gained" traits when tortured.

Save, log, rgirlsx, screenshot attached. Had to remove the item load stuff from the log as it was 5MB :S

Offline jonwich

« Reply #981 on: December 12, 2015, 01:55:51 PM »
No idea there, mate. I've tried to reproduce what's happening to you, and it's just not happening for me. Maybe there's another factor we're not seeing yet. Hm.

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #982 on: December 12, 2015, 04:49:22 PM »
No idea there, mate. I've tried to reproduce what's happening to you, and it's just not happening for me. Maybe there's another factor we're not seeing yet. Hm.

I don't know then what else it could be, it is a clean copy of the build, no other additions at all. For me it happens about once every 5-15 tries.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #983 on: December 12, 2015, 09:40:45 PM »
It could still be something with the packs, even with them being correctly updated to the new format. Perhaps it's a specific trait, or a weird exact level on stat, or something really weird, but if it were something really out there I'd think it wouldn't be reproducible. Mind uploading a copy of the girlx file you're using so I could test it? I just want to see if I can reproduce it. It might not help me figure anything out, but then again, it couldn't hurt. I might be able to squeeze it in before I do some writing.

Offline mcmanus82

« Reply #984 on: December 13, 2015, 04:56:53 AM »
It could still be something with the packs, even with them being correctly updated to the new format. Perhaps it's a specific trait, or a weird exact level on stat, or something really weird, but if it were something really out there I'd think it wouldn't be reproducible. Mind uploading a copy of the girlx file you're using so I could test it? I just want to see if I can reproduce it. It might not help me figure anything out, but then again, it couldn't hurt. I might be able to squeeze it in before I do some writing.

The rgirlsx file is already in the original zip i uploaded, if you were asking for that.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #985 on: December 13, 2015, 10:20:51 AM »
Yeah, sorry, I realized that like 30 minutes later. x.x I'm still not getting it to reproduce. Hm. I hate aberrations that I can't figure out.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #986 on: December 23, 2015, 01:47:59 AM »
Downloaded the new patch (.20) and the game crashes everytime I click on the "more details" button in the girl's profile.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #987 on: December 23, 2015, 09:48:12 AM »
Lemme guess... in your config file, you have the extra details thing clicked that gives you all sorts of extra information and numbers explanations? That's a known issue, Crazy worked for a while on it before we realized I had that in my config file. We haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet, but it's on the list. Just not a significant issue if you click off that bit in the config.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #988 on: December 27, 2015, 06:54:42 PM »
I recently re-started playing WM again, i downloaded your current version (06.02.19) added some random packs to begin.
Long story short, i had a crash every ~10 minutes in dungeon when torturing. I thought that the random girl files were old, so i loaded them up and saved them with the character editor, but the problem still persisted.
Removed all but one random girl and recreated its file from the template in the build.(also attached) but it did not help.

process to reproduce:
-girl in dungeon (virgin)
-girl details, interact, force, r*pe
-back to dungeon girl list
-torture

It does not happen on each try, and according to the log it crashes at cGirlTorture::UpdateTraits() so i would guess it is related to "gained" traits when tortured.

Save, log, rgirlsx, screenshot attached. Had to remove the item load stuff from the log as it was 5MB :S
I could not get it to happen either so I added some more debug lines to it so if it still crashes I can narrow it down a bit more.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline Jacko

« Reply #989 on: December 28, 2015, 09:53:29 AM »
Lemme guess... in your config file, you have the extra details thing clicked that gives you all sorts of extra information and numbers explanations? That's a known issue, Crazy worked for a while on it before we realized I had that in my config file. We haven't gotten to the bottom of it yet, but it's on the list. Just not a significant issue if you click off that bit in the config.

Cool, thanks!