Poll

If you are reporting a bug, follow these steps to assist us in finding the cause of your bug

1. Delete the "gamelog.txt" file from your game folder to clear it.
2. Run the game as you normally would until it crashes.
3. Create a zip file with your savegame and your "gamelog.txt" files.
4. Post your bug report with details of how and when you get the crash.
5. Attach the zip file to your report.

Author Topic: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread  (Read 629460 times)

Offline CaptC

• Are you experienced?
Re: Crazy and PP's mod bug thread
« Reply #1005 on: February 09, 2016, 07:26:14 PM »
While we're on the subject of the studio, I wish scenes would survive when I have to save and come back to the game before I make a movie.

1) run a turn.
2) save the game.
3) close the game

Sometime later:
4) restart the game
5) load saved game
6) no scenes available in the studio.

:'(

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1006 on: February 09, 2016, 10:20:36 PM »
Talked with Crazy about the same issue a couple times. He knows bout it, and has really smashed his head over it, doesn't have any clue how to make that work yet. Maybe Joey does? I like to think it's one of Crazy's white whales, and oneday we'll log in, and there will be a single message from Crazy: "Fixed that shit. Ahab ain't shit."

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1007 on: February 09, 2016, 11:47:41 PM »
So ... not sure if this is a 'bug' proper ... or even that I'd want it fixed even if it is, because it's kinda funny.  But yeah.  One of my girls (a Slave, from the Catacombs no less!) is a government official?

Edit:  Before I forget, this is on .26, so it might have already been dealt with.  Apologies if it has.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1008 on: February 10, 2016, 12:27:53 AM »
Erm, no bug mate... it says that the customer was a government official, and that lowered your suspicion, not your slave girl.

Offline dmotrl

« Reply #1009 on: February 10, 2016, 01:14:11 AM »
Erm, no bug mate... it says that the customer was a government official, and that lowered your suspicion, not your slave girl.
The customer is one of my slaves - Arcueid Brunestud from Bond brothel.

Or have I been interpreting this one incorrectly for however-long it's been set up this way, and the customer is actually hiring two of my girls and only paying one?

Offline Jacko

« Reply #1010 on: February 10, 2016, 01:45:58 AM »
Hello.

Great job with the game so far. I love the new features.

One bug with the script editor. The picture set "suckballs" isn't being used properly. I have it being triggered in a script, but it isn't showing up in game, instead using an "oral" pic.

Not sure why this is the case. The pic is named "suckballs" and should trigger in the script when it hits "Have SuckBalls"

Thanks!

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1011 on: February 10, 2016, 02:25:07 AM »
Hm. I'm not sure where in the files that scene is to check it out. Odd, I can't find the text. I'll check again in the morning, I'm probably looking in the wrong spot because I'm exhausted and feel like crap. x_x

Offline Teatime

« Reply #1012 on: February 10, 2016, 06:40:53 AM »

Or have I been interpreting this one incorrectly for however-long it's been set up this way, and the customer is actually hiring two of my girls and only paying one?
I understand why it seems strange but it's not a bug, it's the result of the random descriptions system that is used to keep the action outcome interesting to read. Or at least funny :)
It works like this: usually you get a simple description of the action depending on how good the girl is at it, but if she's really good you get that king of description instead, which is made of 3 main parts consisting of random elements chosen from many possibilities. For the last part (the customer) you can randomly get things like Grandpa something, some priestess, a member of pinkpetal forums and even a game dev (in this case you also get a little bit of advice on the game), but you can also get a girl from a rival or friendly brothel and if you have a second brothel you can get "your girl name" from "your brothel name". All of this is purely flavor text and doesn't affect anything in the gameplay, it's just to add variation and fun stuff to the descriptions.
Additionally, every time a girls performs extremely well there's a chance you get the government official part that lowers your suspicion, kind of like an additional reward.
In this case you had these two rare things happen together because there's no check in place to avoid such a possibility; the wording makes you think she is a government official, but it's just random and there's no deep meaning to it, it's just flavor text.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #1013 on: February 10, 2016, 10:26:47 AM »
Note: I didn't see Teatime's post until after I wrote this so I am basically saying what he said.
So ... not sure if this is a 'bug' proper ... or even that I'd want it fixed even if it is, because it's kinda funny.  But yeah.  One of my girls (a Slave, from the Catacombs no less!) is a government official?

Edit:  Before I forget, this is on .26, so it might have already been dealt with.  Apologies if it has.

This is not a bug, it is a random occurrence.
The "Arcueid Brunestud from Bond brothel" is a name randomly chosen as a flavor text.
It is in cGirls.cpp in the GetRandomLesString() function at "# pragma region les3" case 2.
Region les3 is where the identity of the customer is randomly chosen so the customer is your girl from the other brothel.
Later in the code, when the customer pays, it has a small chance of the customer being a government  official.
This has nothing to do with the previous text so the game has no way of checking that it does not contradict itself.

So, going from the text, you are correct, your girl was a government  official.  :D

One bug with the script editor. The picture set "suckballs" isn't being used properly. I have it being triggered in a script, but it isn't showing up in game, instead using an "oral" pic.
Not sure why this is the case. The pic is named "suckballs" and should trigger in the script when it hits "Have SuckBalls"
The correct file name for this should be "balls*.*"
I will add a correction for it so either "balls*.*" or "suckballs*.*" will work but it may not get done for a little while.

« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:36:30 AM by aevojoey »
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline SOMEGUY789

« Reply #1014 on: February 10, 2016, 07:30:38 PM »
It actually kinda unintentionally makes sense if you know who Arcueid is.

Offline Jacko

« Reply #1015 on: February 12, 2016, 12:34:11 AM »
Hm. I'm not sure where in the files that scene is to check it out. Odd, I can't find the text. I'll check again in the morning, I'm probably looking in the wrong spot because I'm exhausted and feel like crap. x_x

The scene isn't in the code to my knowledge, but there is a script command in the script editor called "have suckballs" (hehe... ok) that I assume would trigger the pic in the girls pack named "suckballs". When I write a script that uses the script trigger "Have suckballs", the pic "suckballs" doesn't show up in game, but instead substitutes an "oral" pic from the same girl pack.

Hope that is clearer. I suppose to test it you would have to use a script that has the "have suckballs" trigger in it. I don't think it's currently being used in the main game code.

Thanks for looking into it.

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1016 on: February 14, 2016, 01:05:55 PM »
.06.02.29 will use both "balls*.*" and "suckballs*.*" for IMGTYPE_SUCKBALLS
I am also working on making the image handler more efficient.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1017 on: February 14, 2016, 01:14:06 PM »
Excellent stuff Joey! I remember at some point we were going to add some puppy and pony tags as well, not sure what happened with those. What would it take to add a couple other new tags?

Also related, I've never been able to get the Default Images to work, even after switching them on manually in the config file (false to true). Is there something I'm missing there?

Offline aevojoey

« Reply #1018 on: February 14, 2016, 02:03:41 PM »
Excellent stuff Joey! I remember at some point we were going to add some puppy and pony tags as well, not sure what happened with those. What would it take to add a couple other new tags?
If you want any new image tags added write them out in a post like these:
Code: [Select]
Image Type - File Name - Gallery Text - Alternates
IMGTYPE_ANAL - "anal*." - "Anal" - sex, nude, strip, ecchi, profile
IMGTYPE_BDSM - "bdsm*." - "BDSM" - sex, nude, strip, ecchi, profile
IMGTYPE_SUCKBALLS - "balls*." - "Suckballs" - oral, lick, deepthroat, titty, nude, profile
IMGTYPE_BED - "bed*." - "Bed" - nude, ecchi, strip, profile
Include a description of what the image type will be used for if it is not obvious.

Also related, I've never been able to get the Default Images to work, even after switching them on manually in the config file (false to true). Is there something I'm missing there?
It may be your folder names, make sure it is "DefaultImages" with no spaces and that it is routed correctly in the config.xml files.

There are 2 config.xml files, one for the version that you don't need to change and one in the main folder that will keep your settings across versions.
When you get a newer version, just extract the zip into a folder in the main folder and run the exe from that.
The game looks in the main folder for the "Characters", "DefaultImages" and "Saves" folders as well as a "Config.xml" file.
Whatever is in the main config.xml overrides the version's config.xml so if you change the version's config.xml but not the main one, you will not see the change.

You can put the 3 folders anywhere as long as you point to them in the config.xml.
Direct folder paths can be used and would be "C:\WhoreMaster\Characters" or you can use relative (from the exe) paths "..\Characters".

I am currently working on rewriting the image handling to make it more efficient.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2016, 02:08:45 PM by aevojoey »

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1019 on: February 16, 2016, 02:13:56 PM »
Thanks a million mate. I found out what was wrong, didn't read your main post thoroughly enough. Placed the DefaultImages folder directly in the Whoremaster folder with the exe.

Got a few image types I was hoping for, writing them out now, hopefully I can do that without mucking it up. I'll inbox ya soon.