Author Topic: General Discussion  (Read 3789227 times)

Offline DarkTl

Re: SimBrothel: -PyTFall- Dev Thread: Writers needed!
« Reply #345 on: February 22, 2013, 01:32:23 PM »
Heh, you never mentioned these schools until now, so I guess they waiting for us somewhere in the Internet  :D
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 01:35:14 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #346 on: February 22, 2013, 01:55:42 PM »
Heh, you never mentioned these schools until now, so I guess they waiting for us somewhere in the Internet  :D

LoL

Oki, this is how I want to approach schools (instead just sending girls to gain stats until they are maxed out):

- There will be a number of courses (like Dance, XXX, Combat etc.) that will be updated every couple of days (new once added, old once removed. Each course will have a duration but you can pull your girl out at any time. If girl completes the full course, it will mean extra bonus to stats)

- Each course will have a teacher. Teachers for now will be faceless and nameless, as game expands we can add names and faces, maybe even make couple of those into NPCs. Teacher will have teaching skill (How good of a teacher he/she is) and knowledge (what max can a stat be raised to).

- Fees will be charged daily and depend on skills and knowledge of the teacher.

What do you think?
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #347 on: February 22, 2013, 02:12:54 PM »
Sounds interesting. Just make sure fees won't be just for show, especially with 70+ stats.

Also, how about using level restrictions? Something like max available stat in the school = character level * 10 (5, maybe 20)? Even if player is rich, this will prevent instant leveling of girls until they will have at least basic experience.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 02:56:00 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #348 on: February 22, 2013, 03:00:40 PM »
Sounds interesting. Just make sure fees won't be just for show, especially with 70+ stats.

Also, how about using level restrictions? Something like max available stat in the school = character level * 10 (5, maybe 20)? Even if player is rich, this will prevent instant leveling of girls until they will have at least basic experience.

I'll add that later, we need to have levels first :)

Also scratch out  the obedience school. I have an idea to send girls to slavetrainers instead if you need their character lowered for some reason.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 03:02:26 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #349 on: February 22, 2013, 03:08:03 PM »
Huh? I could swear I saw level string in the game's interface last time I checked it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #350 on: February 22, 2013, 03:13:59 PM »
Huh? I could swear I saw level string in the game's interface last time I checked it.

It was a somewhat more complicated Rank system for Prostitutes. There will be levels as well, it's not hard to code in.
Like what we're doing?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #351 on: February 22, 2013, 03:53:12 PM »
LoL

Oki, this is how I want to approach schools (instead just sending girls to gain stats until they are maxed out):

- There will be a number of courses (like Dance, XXX, Combat etc.) that will be updated every couple of days (new once added, old once removed. Each course will have a duration but you can pull your girl out at any time. If girl completes the full course, it will mean extra bonus to stats)

- Each course will have a teacher. Teachers for now will be faceless and nameless, as game expands we can add names and faces, maybe even make couple of those into NPCs. Teacher will have teaching skill (How good of a teacher he/she is) and knowledge (what max can a stat be raised to).

- Fees will be charged daily and depend on skills and knowledge of the teacher.

What do you think?
That sounds interesting. My only concern would be that this system is quite involved, which will demand significant micromanagement from the player.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #352 on: February 22, 2013, 04:05:20 PM »
That sounds interesting. My only concern would be that this system is quite involved, which will demand significant micromanagement from the player.

Well, if minimum duration of a single course is 14 days for example, it shouldn't be all that bad?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #353 on: February 22, 2013, 04:54:51 PM »
Because sending girl to school is not something you have to do, I think a little micromanagement is acceptable.
But if it is a problem, maybe there can be a course with a really bad teacher that is always available or something...

If courses will be selected from a list and not by static buttons and have their own teachers, nothing is preventing from creating courses that teach more then one stat, or something unique or ones that are part of a quest/storyline (like send 5 girls to a secret training) in future, is that right?

Offline rudistoned

« Reply #354 on: February 22, 2013, 05:07:32 PM »
Well, if minimum duration of a single course is 14 days for example, it shouldn't be all that bad?
I agree. Minimum duration of 3-4 days would be a problem IMHO, 14 days should be ok.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #355 on: February 22, 2013, 05:25:41 PM »
Because sending girl to school is not something you have to do, I think a little micromanagement is acceptable.
But if it is a problem, maybe there can be a course with a really bad teacher that is always available or something...

There will be plenty of courses to choose from and bad teacher will mean lower price as well.

If courses will be selected from a list and not by static buttons and have their own teachers, nothing is preventing from creating courses that teach more then one stat, or something unique or ones that are part of a quest/storyline (like send 5 girls to a secret training) in future, is that right?

What would be preventing that even if we used static buttons?

All courses will train multiple stats, randomly. Chance for improvement will depend on teachers teaching skill and max possible improvement will depend on teachers knowledge.

This is the way it stands now:

Beauty = dict(action = 'Beauty Course', primestats = ['charisma'], secstats = ['refinement']),
Combat = dict(action = 'Combat Course', primestats = ['attack', 'magic', 'defence', 'agility'], secstats = ['constitution','fame']),
Dance = dict(action = 'Dance Course', primestats = ['constitution', 'strip'], secstats = ['agility', 'refinement', 'charisma', 'fame']),
Etiquette = dict(action = 'Etiquette Course' ,primestats = ['refinement', 'intelligence'], secstats = ['charisma', 'reputation']),
Service = dict(action = 'Service Course', primestats = ['service'], secstats = ['reputation']),
XXX = dict(action = 'XXX Course', primestats = ['anal', 'normalsex', 'blowjob', 'lesbian'], secstats = ['strip', 'constitution'])

Higher chance for increment of primestats and lower for secstats.

For something Unique, like a trait gain or an event during the study, code will be written just like for jobs.

I am not sure about stroryline/Quests. Quest is quest, it much simpler to make such a training a part of a quest-script (like having them disappear from the game by changing their location to something unique and having them reappear any amount of days later with something done to their traits and stats, no matter how specific that something may be).

==================================================================================
Ok, it's getting late. I ended up writing logic again, just for schools this time :)

I'll see if I can write code more for this tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 05:32:28 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #356 on: February 23, 2013, 02:43:50 AM »
That reminds me, how you are going to handle traits? I mean, how easily a girl can gain or lose a permanent trait? You know, we have two basic examples, wm and wm ex. I don't even know which of them is better.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #357 on: February 23, 2013, 06:02:46 AM »
That reminds me, how you are going to handle traits? I mean, how easily a girl can gain or lose a permanent trait? You know, we have two basic examples, wm and wm ex. I don't even know which of them is better.

Any way that makes sense.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #358 on: February 23, 2013, 06:39:01 AM »
I'm going to rework traits (we have service stat now), so I have questions about customers.

Do they have any preferences? I thought about adding Twisted trait from wm ("Her thought of pleasure is not... ordinary. Customers need to have a rather exotic taste or they won't enjoy what she has in store"), but if their preferences are rather simple, it won't make any sense.

Do they have a sex? I'm not talking about whoring here, I mean lesbian waitress enjoys serving  a pretty female customer much more than male one. And vice versa.

Besides, is it possible to modify values of health, mp and fatigue? I mean, can I use strings like <max mana = '20' />, or <min fatigue  = '-20' />, or <mod health = '20' />?

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 07:44:26 AM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #359 on: February 23, 2013, 08:18:23 AM »
Besides, is it possible to modify values of health, mp and fatigue? I mean, can I use strings like <max mana = '20' />, or <min fatigue  = '-20' />, or <mod health = '20' />?

Yeah, sure. mod health 20 will simply heal the girl by 20 points. We don't have mana but we do have mp and max mp will modify maximum mp girl can have.

Do they have a sex? I'm not talking about whoring here, I mean lesbian waitress enjoys serving  a pretty female customer much more than male one. And vice versa.

We'll add stuff like this on somewhat simpler level later in development. Lets say a girl has lesbian trait, during service job, we'll add a check:

if "lesbian" in chr.traits:
    dummycostumer = self.create_costumer()
    if dummycostumer.sex == female and dummycostumer.chasirma > 50:
        txt += "%s enjoyed serving drinks to a particularly cute girl,  they had a nice chat! \n"%chr.name
        chr.joy += random.randint(1,3)
        chr.refinement += random.choice([0,0,0,1])

Also as you can imagine girl in the bar or a club is not serving one client but a large number of clients. It would be tedious to generate every single one of those clients for checks so I want to handle traits in this way.

Do they have any preferences? I thought about adding Twisted trait from wm ("Her thought of pleasure is not... ordinary. Customers need to have a rather exotic taste or they won't enjoy what she has in store"), but if their preferences are rather simple, it won't make any sense.

Right now it is not used that much. Basically, it's a process, I am doing basecode for advanced logic right now, we'll add more and more trait checks and events as time allows. Costumer itself is a separate class so there is no limitations on how complex it can get.

« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 08:26:41 PM by Xela »
Like what we're doing?