devolution

Author Topic: -Xela's WM Mod Thread + Torrents-  (Read 125449 times)

Offline Unchained

Re: -Xela's PyTFall/WM/Alkion Thread-
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2013, 12:48:51 AM »
What kind of content are you looking to put into the girlsmeet system? Basic description and numerical progression, or more engaging writing?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2013, 01:35:57 AM »
What kind of content are you looking to put into the girlsmeet system? Basic description and numerical progression, or more engaging writing?

It depends, for simpler interactions basic desc with a decent amount of forks based on traits, occupation, ect. should be more than enough. For example, I don't want to 'Give Money' or 'Compliment' or 'Insult' etc. to turn into a story, options like 'Date' however should have a bit of engaging writing.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Unchained

« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2013, 02:16:38 AM »
It depends, for simpler interactions basic desc with a decent amount of forks based on traits, occupation, ect. should be more than enough. For example, I don't want to 'Give Money' or 'Compliment' or 'Insult' etc. to turn into a story, options like 'Date' however should have a bit of engaging writing.

Makes sense. I'll give it a shot with one of them and you can decide if you like the results and keep or discard as you wish. What's the name of the character with the short blonde hair, white uniform and red bow tie? I'll start there.

I'm guessing Date/Romance and Proposition are the places you'd be looking for more engagement in, yeah?

Also, how many ... success levels? in these are you looking for? Straight two, failure vs success, or something more complicated as the characters are seduced?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #153 on: January 25, 2013, 03:08:11 AM »
Makes sense. I'll give it a shot with one of them and you can decide if you like the results and keep or discard as you wish. What's the name of the character with the short blonde hair, white uniform and red bow tie? I'll start there.

I'm guessing Date/Romance and Proposition are the places you'd be looking for more engagement in, yeah?

Also, how many ... success levels? in these are you looking for? Straight two, failure vs success, or something more complicated as the characters are seduced?

?

I don't understand? You want to start writing unique interactions before default once are in game? I want to do it in a similar way to SimBro 1x, you can check how it's done there. Propositions shouldn't be to long, Date, Action will prolly have longer scenarios, I wouldn't want rest of interactions to be to lengthy.

No idea about success levels right now, I think it's important to create basic scenarios and put those into the game modifying stats that would make sense to modify. Then slowly start adding alternative scenarios using if/elif based on stats, traits, occupation and social status and original will be used if non of the forks work (else: original).

I don't want there to be to many failures at this point, the idea is to raise girl's disposition with simpler requests (chat, compliment, etc) and work your way up to (date, proposition, etc.). Obviously any normal girl should refuse date, proposition etc. if disposition is to low, it's like kind of a ladder and player has to figure the girl out (how to raise her disposition faster, depending on traits, flags and stats). It can be done per girl individually BUT default texts available to all girls should be done first.

I hope I managed to relay the idea behind girlsmeets, if not, SimBro 1x might clear things up.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Unchained

« Reply #154 on: January 25, 2013, 03:10:16 AM »
My apologies, it's been a very *long* while since i played SimBro and for some reason I remember it being more complicated than it apparently was. Didn't realize SimBro was entirely what you were going for as PyTfall seems far more developed, but I'll give SimBro a refresher to make sure I grasp the gist of things.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #155 on: January 25, 2013, 03:24:46 AM »
My apologies, it's been a very *long* while since i played SimBro and for some reason I remember it being more complicated than it apparently was. Didn't realize SimBro was entirely what you were going for as PyTfall seems far more developed, but I'll give SimBro a refresher to make sure I grasp the gist of things.

SimBro 1x is a really good version but very low on graphics, especially in GUI area. Also there are only two picture types. I am going for SimBrothel type of game first and for something like a cross between OW and WM later. SimBro 1x is definitely not 'entirely' what this game will be like in the end, for example, traits and stats work completely differently and right now, we have only one shift (I am not yet sure if more shifts are needed even for advanced version).
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #156 on: January 25, 2013, 07:59:44 AM »
right now, we have only one shift (I am not yet sure if more shifts are needed even for advanced version).
You mean you don't use days and nights like in wm and slavemaker, just days? That seems too simply to me. After all, two shifts need more careful planning because of different customers tastes in different times.
And when girls are supposed to rest? Will it be player's duty to change schedule for each of them every several days?

Offline GonDra

« Reply #157 on: January 25, 2013, 10:08:48 AM »
If we add a day/night shift system I think the shifts should be differentiated a lot more than they are in wm for example.
The day shift should have only a minimal amount of customers and should be more focussed on preparing for the night shift: cleaning the rooms, training and relaxing should be more efficient for example.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #158 on: January 25, 2013, 10:52:59 AM »
Yeah, well, you might expect several customers in bar or maybe arena during the day, but brothel itself should be popular mostly at night.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #159 on: January 25, 2013, 01:39:28 PM »
You mean you don't use days and nights like in wm and slavemaker, just days? That seems too simply to me. After all, two shifts need more careful planning because of different customers tastes in different times.
And when girls are supposed to rest? Will it be player's duty to change schedule for each of them every several days?

Why do you need to tell a girl exactly what to do and when? I figure that we can introduce new system, a bit different:

Girl can do one 'large action'. That can be a fight in the arena, whoring, striptease, resting (like taking a day off, girl just lives a normal day every day, she rests, sleeps and so on, especially the once that are not slaves but simply working for you, I mean, you cannot expect them to do as you say day and night?)

Remember that this game works a bit different from SM and Otherworld. Girls have AP that they spend. Girls will spend AP during quests, during interactions, during preforming their jobs, I see no realistic way to put all of that in 'time of day' perspective, neither do I see a reason to. They do their main job when times suits them, but they do it all the same. One thing I am considering adding is 'Actions during the day screen'. Player could simply tell a girl to spend some time cleaning her room/building she is in for one AP per day, or to spend a number of AP recovering (taking extra good care of herself) each day and so on, you would have almost absolute control of what slaves do and eat and maybe even if they sleep at all but for free girls, this will be more limited.

I am not yet sure how to handle micro but it would be VERY easy to create a 'set to work and forget' system that takes care of a girl setting her to rest and heal when required and then back to the job.

If team believes it's important, especially since everyone is contributing to the game, a day\night switches can be coded in, that however would seriously mess with locations, quests, events and so on, cause every event would have to be coded in during evening, morning, night or daylight scenery and only available then. The way it is now, girl simply spends her AP as needed, if it's an evening scene, let it be during the evening, morning = morning. Easy to explain and not counter-intuitive. Also if girl works as a whore and event is during the evening for example, it would be easier to set a flag preventing her from working than having to specify time of a day for every single event in the game.

If we add a day/night shift system I think the shifts should be differentiated a lot more than they are in wm for example.
The day shift should have only a minimal amount of customers and should be more focussed on preparing for the night shift: cleaning the rooms, training and relaxing should be more efficient for example.

Logic tells me that girls that whored during the evening and night, sleep during the morning and take care of themselves during the day (Washing, making themselves pretty, chatting and so on). In my understanding the whole 'shift' approach that WM and SimBro 1x employ is not the best way to go and maybe even a bit stupid. In SimBro 1x it takes half of a freaking day (seemingly 12 hours) for a girl to take care of Hygiene or to rest and then you seem to control that but nothing else that she does... In WM you can have her do one thing per shift as well? So she does what? Cleans for 12 hours or whores for 12? Also if she doesn't whore (no costumers or refused), she recovers no fatigue for some reason... what does she do then?

I see no point in shifts, girls simply work the best that they can doing a job you tell them to do whenever time during the day requires them. For slaves you can use things like denying them rest and sleep during the day for extra AP but serious consequences as time passes (Heath, charisma, disposition effected and so on) but the 'flow of logic' is that every girls has a number of AP to spend working and doing events and rests + takes care of herself daily without you being any wiser.

Yeah, well, you might expect several customers in bar or maybe arena during the day, but brothel itself should be popular mostly at night.

Addressed that above, tell me what you think about my approach vs WM/SimBro 1x one. Other option is to use something similar to OW or SlaveMaker where there are more shifts and you have more control (Loads of actions) that can happen during those shifts but that would mess with locations and events as I said above.

All and all, I think one Large Action per day approach paired with a limited control to how she spends her AP has not been done before in any of SimBrothels and could be unique to this game if I am not overruled.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #160 on: January 25, 2013, 03:00:38 PM »
Now, after you've explained what AP system actually does (not just talk/date/quests, but anything except for job), I have no objections.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2013, 03:05:23 PM by DarkTl »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #161 on: January 25, 2013, 03:29:52 PM »
Now, after you've explained what AP system actually does (not just talk/date/quests, but anything except for job), I have no objections.

Nope, jobs spend AP as well, that's supposed to be fun, player decides if APs are better spent on personal training, tasks, jobs, interactions and so on.
Like what we're doing?

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #162 on: January 25, 2013, 03:34:31 PM »
OK, how can you restore AP then? Can max AP be increased or decreased?

Offline GonDra

« Reply #163 on: January 25, 2013, 03:36:51 PM »
Your explanation makes sense, and it feels better than what I had thought of.
Any Idea how many Actionpoints a girl should get? (different amounts for slaves/normal girls?)

Also i have the feeling all this design talk should be collected in a single place.

Offline Armegetton

• . . . . .
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2013, 10:41:02 PM »
Hey boss, I was going through the game files when I stumbled into

game\db\buildings.xml

apparently, it had a building called "House on outskirts", between the small house and house in city. I noticed the ID for it was 3, which is the same as the city one. So I went ahead and changed it accordingly. (set it to 3, changed city to 4, mansion to 5, etc) I saved it and restarted the game, it appears to work. (basic testing)

Now there are 7 buildings in the list.

This could be the end ...