devolution

Author Topic: Applesauce's stuff  (Read 6480 times)

Offline Applesauce

Applesauce's stuff
« on: September 23, 2016, 01:13:56 AM »
These girls are aggressively optimized for file size, if you notice any particular image suffers from this let me know so I can update it. I photoshopped a small number of images for categories that didn't have images of their own.
As of now I'm just adding Erza Scarlet from Fairy Tail, but I have a couple others I'm working on.

Erza Scarlet
632 static images
11 animated gifs
https://mega.nz/#!zk4hBCZB!jGdQhVXuMSHVj5M5_eEWLhB7qtmXoT5DfOIVGskxRDw

A couple questions about adding girls
Are the tags cowgirl and reverse cowgirl used in normal sex calls?
If eat out is used is it for receiving or giving?
Which tags the OP says are not implemented are actually implemented?
Should image packs include not yet implemented tags?
What determines if an ecchi image is used instead of a profile image?

Regarding traits;
Is there some kind of dedicated place where all trait effects are documented or does one have to look at each job?
Do traits from equipment have any impact on inheritance?

Is there any implemented mechanic for your futa girls to sire children?
If someone could answer a couple questions from my post on the Crazy Mod update thread, I would be appreciative. Also, if there's any documentation on making custom items you add work with the automatic item system, I'd like to be pointed towards it.

Offline bsin

Re: Applesauce's stuff
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2016, 04:01:22 AM »
Hi,
Image tags:
Long answer. each job requests an imagetype. when something happens in job, the suitable image can be requested (example: if job says reverse cowgirl customer, reverse cowgirl image is request). last time looked, there is fail over (if reverse cowgirl image is not, a basic xxx image produced) But most jobs in game are written before new image tags, so mostly traditional tags only is used. To change requires some changing source code of jobs. Easy but takes time and some writing perhaps.
Short answers:
Afaik no.
Don't know (your choice, doubt anyone complain!)
Most tags implemented I think.
Your call. Images may end up unused if no job call yet asks for that tag.
The imagetype request in the source code of the job.

Traits:
No. They are complex and used in many places (examples: used in estimating job performance, to calculate likelihoods of events, deciding what type of girl customers will see her as, deciding how she will react to events and how they will affect her and much more). If you give her tag, the game will try to use that to individualize her.
Generally yes on inheritance.
Futas, don't think so.

Offline Applesauce

« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2016, 04:13:29 AM »
Thank you for the information there. I'll probably change my girls around so they have a few specific position images rather than completely accurate categorization. I think that will provide more value per image file.
I'll also experiment with compression to see the trade-off of adding duplicate images for better distribution.

Offline bsin

« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2016, 10:45:46 AM »
looking @ code. For select images it:-
1) identifies folders where images can exist. It prefers images specific to the character (i.e. from ./Resources/Characters folder), but will fail over to a generic DefaultImages folder if none is found.
2) it looks for requested image type*, trying variations and looking in above folders.
3) if can't find suitable image, will look for something related (example: if no SWIM it tries ECCHI. if no PREG_ECCHI try PREG_STRIP. No? Try ECCHI then? No? STRIP? ...)
4) it'll look through the different folders, and realistically (if the game is correct installed) it find something somewhere (this is why the default images folders exist)

* The image type is requested by job. There is *some* correction from game - namely, if girl is preg the game will look for a preg version of image requested. Otherwise it try to deliver what job asks for.
Most jobs request traditional images from the base game. Because these usually exist, more obscurely tagged images will prob be 'hidden'.

Chicken and egg problem - because there isn't 'preg_reverseCG' image in most packs, no one use time writing code that calls for it. Because no code calls for 'swim', no one bothers to put it in their packs. If you wanna put more variety in your packs, I'm sure sooner or later someone will use it.

p.s. in code the EATOUT type is bundled with the lesbo-types, so guessing it was intended as her eating out female customer. like i say though - doubt anyone will complain if u get wrong

Offline Applesauce

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2016, 01:12:03 AM »
For those curious, when using 7zips normal preset (for .7z) as long as duplicate images are in sequential order the archive size increase is negligible (less than 1 kb per duplicate). To make sure duplicates are sequential, sort by file size before compression.

Offline Applesauce

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2016, 10:45:07 PM »
Sorting by file size is not sufficient to ensure duplicates are sequential, after hours of research I still haven't found a method to specify the order of files for compression besides file name. And file name won't work for image packs, as they need specific names. I also have noticed that the Erza pack I uploaded was one of my test versions and has a padding issue on the images.

The file order is significant by an order of magnitude in my compression of duplicates, so I'm gonna keep trying.

Offline aevojoey

• Thats ok, I'm used to disappointment.
« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 01:28:00 PM »
Sorting by file size is not sufficient to ensure duplicates are sequential, after hours of research I still haven't found a method to specify the order of files for compression besides file name. And file name won't work for image packs, as they need specific names. I also have noticed that the Erza pack I uploaded was one of my test versions and has a padding issue on the images.

The file order is significant by an order of magnitude in my compression of duplicates, so I'm gonna keep trying.
Try creating an empty .7z and adding the files into it. Not sure if it will work but its worth a try.
Fixing the game is a better game than actually playing it.
Get the Current Version <|> Discuss the Game <|> Report a bug

Offline bsin

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 09:48:37 PM »
Quote from: Applesauce
...as long as duplicate images are in sequential order the archive size increase is negligible
Love this Applesauce, but can only get it working if I drag files few by few. 7zip seems ignore Windows file order. Thinking might try to put together a script for this - one that pushes files into 7zip in order - see if that works.
Kind of lazy so made a few scripts to speed up pack making - will probably drop them in my thread when they're working well.

Offline Applesauce

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 10:59:19 PM »
I'm also having difficulty doing it in any large quantity. You would think due to the large difference this makes that it would be easier to use...