Author Topic: Brothel naming issue  (Read 4300 times)

Offline Uriel

Brothel naming issue
« on: February 08, 2010, 09:37:01 AM »
When i bought a third brothel, i got the second one's name changed to the name i just gave to the third, and the third one to have no name at all.

Offline fixet

Re: Brothel naming issue
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2010, 11:16:24 AM »
yeah, I got this, too

no matter what brothel I buy, the name always applies to the second one

Offline Sleeper

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 12:04:17 PM »
I have the same problem. In older versions the naming of the brothels went wrong, in the newest version the whole game crashes and starts again with the first brothel named after the second. The game restarts with day one, no girls, no gangs, no items, and standard starting amount of money.

My first day writing here, yay!

Great game by the way. Still has a lot to do, but thats normal for a work in progress.

Another problem is that the new versions still have no unique girls, even though it should work now.

To my understanding, I should have a clean install. I might have done something silly but if I have, I dont know what it is.
Thank you for your time

Offline Sleeper

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 12:42:48 PM »
I re-added all the patches in order, even the unnecessary one, and now it doesnt crash anymore. So I guess its just something silly I did.
Still no uniques though.
I will keep playing, maybe they are just really rare, or I have bad luck.

Again, great game. Still needs lots of work, but it gonna be really great oneday, unless something goes really wrong.

Has anyone played Chaos Overlords? An old game with a gangster theme. Maybe borrowing a few ideas from that classic would be useful?

Offline sgb

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 08:51:17 PM »
There's still something wrong with your game if uniques are not showing up.  Meeting a girl on a walk should always give you a unique one unless there are none left.  It was broken in one patch, but it's been fixed for a while now.

Offline Flowersteel

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2010, 11:55:50 AM »
I had the issue than when I bought 2nd brothel, both brothels were renamed to the new one, all girls and money and items were lost. I think I got 4000 gold, so it probably reset the game to start. When I got to 3rd brothel, there was no issue.