devolution

Author Topic: Another Skin (Updated)  (Read 5307 times)

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
Another Skin (Updated)
« on: November 28, 2010, 08:59:54 PM »
EDIT: Updated the skin, also most of the disabled buttons should be easier to notice they are disabled. Put a strike through on the images and have also put in new brothel images. Brothel #4 Like the picture actually just moved it up to brothel #3. Also added in the colors for items in the config.xml. If you have a custom config.xml might want to back that up before extracting this. Also updated screens now attached.

Ok, I got another skin here for everyone. Still a WIP (Work in Progress) due to a few bugs and maybe laziness mixed in with it also. This will probably be in the line of a few black or dark skins to come. See someone else has also made one. \o/
It is archived in 7zip but only need to extract in your Resources folder. Also the interfacecolors.txt has a bakup file if you need it. Enough babbling here are the screens and link for it.

Link Updated: http://www.mediafire.com/?8igue5bt9aix8z5

Gallery:
http://www.imagebam.com/image/7e45a5108623796

Updated Screens Below.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2010, 02:53:24 PM by xorgroth »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
Re: Another Skin
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2010, 02:13:51 AM »
I like that game menu screen.  I always did have a soft spot for the art deco approach.

* DocClox looks wistfully at his Abby's Crossing notes...

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2010, 01:58:15 PM »
Is there anyway to implement this as a CSS type deal? It would be really cool if people could change the interface at whim.  :D
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2010, 02:20:34 PM »
Is there anyway to implement this as a CSS type deal? It would be really cool if people could change the interface at whim.  :D

You mean like overall styles, as opposed to the separation of layout from  code, data, markup and so forth, I take it?

Umm... not easily. The game was designed to be skinnable, but to to support switching skins on the fly.

I did make a start at implementing multiple interface folders, so you could point the game at a different set of files and it would use them, but I never got very far with that for some reason.

Offline xorgroth

• Not active, RIP WM
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2010, 07:17:12 PM »
The menu background is a photo done by Illia Usov. He has some interesting photos out there.

Offline Mak

• Donator
  • PETA=People Eating Tasty Animals
Re: Another Skin (Updated)
« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2011, 04:12:03 PM »
Giving this a bump, I'm sure I'm not the newest member and this was before I found this site. Thanks for the skin, I found this while trying to find out how to alter mine, and to be honest this was better than my own ideas. It also works well with THE FUTURE's 4:3 high res. mod.

Attaching my altered InterfaceColors.txt. Girls with warnings in turn summary show again with blue (and a lighter blue selection colour.) Darker red message box, green message box changed to a darker blue, with easier to read green message text. For those unsure, it goes in resources\interface. Make a back up in case you don't like it.

Any advice on changing my config.xml would be appreciated. I made a random effect item with the good effects being rarer than the bad without realising at the time that the rarer an item the different colour text gives it away. If possible I'd like to make all my items a uniform text colour with the exception of catacomb only items. I looked at the xml and think I know what to do, but I don't know how to go about doing it.

Figured it out, attaching it if anyone wants. All the items that appear in the shop are black text now, I left catacomb and script items as is. It goes in resources\data.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2011, 08:35:33 AM by Mak »
There's a place for all the planet's creatures, it's next to the mashed potatoes.