Author Topic: Is there a good way to compartmentalize image folders?  (Read 2140 times)

Offline Lessthansavory

Is there a good way to compartmentalize image folders?
« on: February 05, 2020, 11:41:35 PM »
So, sorry if this is a stupid question, but I got back into this game a few days ago and decided to make some indulgent packs, however it occurs to me that not everyone has the same... erm... interests, as everyone else. With that in mind, I started making packs with different fetishes as X, X (Futa), X (omorashi), and so on, but this is turning out to be time consuming and wastes a lot of space on an already resource intensive game. I also tried making separate folders (i.e. a folder called "Futa Add-ons" which had subfolders with character names) and multiple folders with the same name, but the former didn't read while the latter automatically merged. I also considered just adding a new image name that would be read when a certain custom item gave a particular trait (I.e. A ring of futanari gives the trait "Futa" which causes the game to use "FutaSex" rather than "Sex"), but I can't seem to find a way to change how the game decides how to pick images for a certain action, and if I am understanding correctly, they seem to be hardcoded into the game itself, making it very difficult to do in the first place.

I could just throw all the fetishes together into the main image folder and play it as is since all of the things there are things I like, but I also wanted to post up the packs as I finish them for other people to use, and apparently not everyone is into futa or diapers.

So does anyone have a way to create a set of character images that can be added or not to add or remove certain types of images?

PS: How do people here feel about packs with niche fetishes anyway? Are there rules or anything in that regard?

Offline Solitude103

Re: Is there a good way to compartmentalize image folders?
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2020, 12:18:03 AM »
I'm afraid I can't answer anything in regards to the code. I noticed that a few people in that community were into that particular fetish. So lately for my fictional packs I have been adding futa related images under the tag "futa", but as we both know the game doesn't recognize that tag. Nevertheless I been adding it under that tag so people can easily find it, and then they can choose to rename those images for any functioning tag.

In regards to niche fetishes. There really aren't any rules, and I found the community to be relatively open-minded when it comes to these sort of things. It also wouldn't be an issue if you just upload the packs. As long as you mention that the packs do feature whichever niche fetishes. You can also either utilize a tag that the game barely uses so at least people can have the option to view those images in the gallery, or you can also upload the pack without the niche fetishes, and then upload a separate folder that  can function as an "Addon Pack" with the niche content. The latter options are probably preferable though cause it's nice to have the option on whether or not you want to include such content in your game.

Offline 790 Series Lusticon Operations Unit

• I worship His Shadow.
Re: Is there a good way to compartmentalize image folders?
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2020, 08:18:26 AM »
I'd go the add-on pack route myself, that way anybody who wants it can download it in conjunction with the main pack. It makes the original pack lighter while also also giving niche fetishes attention without anybody being able to complain about it being forced on them.
May His merciful Shadow fall upon you.