PyTFall > PyTFall: User Mods

idea of new quest/event/activity

(1/3) > >>

nemojason:
hello,

this night as luther martin king i have a dream xd

seriously, i have (for begining to create event/quest) like simple idea, to create a new activity with an simple event:

"Well, by exploring the hidden village we discover an abandoned mine.This mine shall appear to the North of the hidden village on the map.

A new link apparear, and when we 'll click, we 'll go in the mine where a pnj apparear after a look around.

This pnj sell the mine (price to determinate) and after we obtain a scroll of property of mine.

After, we obtain a new activity like trees cuting : "miner"

This new activity (consomming 50 vitality and 10 health) permit to gain some random items like gold, bad of gold, gemstone,ressources etc... and can get add stat like constitution and/or health which 'll depend of luck of player.

Well, what do u think about this idea?
Plz , can u guide me for create that step by step for i learn how create this sort of event because i think there a lot of thing to change with this "simple" idea  ::)

Xela:
It's indeed a simple idea that touches a lot of different areas of the game. You can take a look at the wood chopping code and how that's setup and copy-paste that with changes. There are explanations about events and quests and scripting (frog quest file and idol quest file and one of the events files). Scripting and talking to characters is explained in examples.rpy.

There is also a ton of issues that may be attached to this thing as the hidden village would have to be unlocked in the future instead of being available at all times.

nemojason:

--- Quote from: Xela on November 21, 2018, 09:32:13 AM ---It's indeed a simple idea that touches a lot of different areas of the game. You can take a look at the wood chopping code and how that's setup and copy-paste that with changes. There are explanations about events and quests and scripting (frog quest file and idol quest file and one of the events files). Scripting and talking to characters is explained in examples.rpy.

There is also a ton of issues that may be attached to this thing as the hidden village would have to be unlocked in the future instead of being available at all times.

--- End quote ---

hello,

i begin to read all this document, i have a question for use function "$ coords", how can i know the geographical position for place an icon on screen? are there a map with this information for better choose a position?

Xela:

--- Quote from: nemojason on November 21, 2018, 12:14:42 PM ---
hello,

i begin to read all this document, i have a question for use function "$ coords", how can i know the geographical position for place an icon on screen? are there a map with this information for better choose a position?

--- End quote ---

You just put the icon where you want it. coords if I read it correctly refers to where the game should portraits of the girls for city interactions. It got nothing to do with icons placement.

nemojason:

--- Quote from: Xela on November 21, 2018, 02:07:31 PM ---You just put the icon where you want it.

--- End quote ---

hello,
my problem is i don t know how place a new icon/picture at the place where i want on the map.
for examplen I want to place the icon of the mine on the world map, at the north of hidden village... my problem i don t know how work the numbers to use in this functions:
pos(1120, 460)
$ img_deep_forest= ProportionalScale("content/gfx/interface/icons/deep_forest.png", 75, 75)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version