devolution

Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 416812 times)

Offline Abtakha

Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #540 on: September 02, 2010, 12:12:46 PM »
some tips on what everything means would help, i don't speak Japanese very well, and i read even less :D
There will be exceptions to everything I say, without exception

Offline Starry

« Reply #541 on: September 02, 2010, 02:23:59 PM »
ugh I need to stop playing whore master and these 'other games'...there comes a time when a person really should be doing something with their life, even if things don't look so good :p

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #542 on: September 02, 2010, 02:33:39 PM »
WARNING: UNTRANSLATED.  YOU MUST HAVE JAP LANGUAGE INSTALLED.

Monster Princess 'Bloody Mary'

http://www.mediafire.com/?i5piu7ekn5plh70

You are a demon king who's kidnapped a princess to be your bride.  Survive 100 days of heroes attempting to kill you and take her back.

Sex with the girl is a game mechanic: as you corrupt her, you gain bonuses.
For achieving various goals, you can unlock even more sex scenes.

The game turned up on Hentaipalm's forums.  It's relatively fun, but also hair-tearing as you progress through the new game+ accessed after beating normal.  More info's avalible on request, I suppose.

Added! Sounds like a great game, I can't wait to try it. :O
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #543 on: September 02, 2010, 05:26:05 PM »
ugh I need to stop playing whore master and these 'other games'...there comes a time when a person really should be doing something with their life, even if things don't look so good :p

perhaps what you should be saying is you should stop playing them 'so much' - you can still play them and 'do' something with your life - I know of plenty of people who play WoW for example, that have more of a 'life' than I do :D
the idea that playing games and being productive are mutually exclusive has always bothered me ::)

Offline necno

• Core Developer
« Reply #544 on: September 04, 2010, 03:08:32 AM »
Recently after someone mentioned similarities between my current game being developed and dwarf fortress I decided to play it last week..... big mistake... my productivity went very far down... its trying all my will not to fire it up now and attempt to build a massive tower of glass filled with coffins..... ooo, and then throw more people into a larva pit I dug a hole above..... must resist.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline GmanPrime

« Reply #545 on: September 04, 2010, 04:38:05 AM »
some tips on what everything means would help, i don't speak Japanese very well, and i read even less :D

I've been playing the monster prince game for a while, and I picked up a few things along the way.

Areas and combat:

The basic gameplay consists of you defending different areas of your domain with your monster army, with the castle or throne room being the most important (farthest to the right).

You assign troops to garrison each area, the enemy randomly attacks each area.

Not all areas are available in the beginning, after between ten and twenty turns you will see enemies attack places you can't reinforce, once defeated by succesfully attacking them, these become additional parts of your domain.

In the case of the above, or if the enemy heros destroy all monsters guarding an area, then the area is taken over.

If your garrison does not cause the heros to flee, and there are any left after time runs out, then the area becomes contested.

If either area contestment or loss takes place, you no longer receive gold from that area, and reinforcing or attacking it becomes very expensive.

Area improvements can be built, the top one allows more troops to be stationed there, and the second controls the % of elite troops in an area.

Economy, Gems, and Upgrading

After defeating a group of heros, you will gain gems based on how many losses there were (both sides) and time taken (longer is better).  At the beginning of each day, you will gain gold based on the areas you control and purple % bonus you get from getting blowjobs from the princess.

Gems can be used two ways, to upgrade your troops, and magic spells.

Magic spells can be used up to three times per day and once per battle, with red being a damage spell.  Right click during battle to use.

If you are using a red spell, you should do so at the beginning of the battle unless you are going for losses, as it will often wipe out the hero army or cause them to retreat.

Note both the regular and elite troops can be upgraded.  If you don't have the cash or stamina to upgrade the %s of elites in each area, don't upgrade them until you do.

You might want to keep the troop and spell upgrading to the minimum needed to beat the heros, for two reasons;  You will earn more gems from more losses, and in new game plus you carry over all your gems and money, but do NOT carry over ANY upgrade bonuses.  (Except for the bottom choices for the purple demons, for some reason.)

You can convert gems from smaller ones to bigger ones or vice versa, but this uses stamina and until you get towards the end game and need the big gems, not recommended.

H-scenes

You can have sex with the princess for various bonuses, purple giving a bonus to gold each day as represented by the purple %.

Scenes with other women are unlocked as you play, but I have no idea how they do so, although No 8 seems to always be unlocked no matter what.

You cannot capture the female heros through gameplay.   :'(

Other

Playing on "normal" is not recommended until you are an expert.  I was using cheats for infinite gold and later stamina, and I actually had a hard time with some of the later battles because I didn't realize I would need such large garrisons.  Its easy enough at first, but then the enemy starts throwing waves of 500 enemy heros at you per attack late in the game, and it gets expensive just replacing garrisons, much less reinforcing contested positions, which almost always happens with large waves as at a certain point no more heros or monsters will spawn until the ones in the field are killed.  Use the red spell...it helps.

After normal comes nightmare, a form of new game +.  If you have played DOOM before, then you might know what to expect, if you haven't, well let's just say the nightmare is for the demon king, not the heros.

Cheat engine works well with this game.

Enjoy.   8)

Offline Abtakha

« Reply #546 on: September 04, 2010, 12:48:41 PM »
thank you Gman! some of that I'd figured out....others i never would have :D

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #547 on: September 05, 2010, 02:26:12 AM »
Cheat Engine eh? I tried using Cheat o' matic and it didn't work at all. When I changed the values it just simply removed them back to their original values (I only tried it with money) But i'll try cheat engine thanks. Fun game! Too bad the princess parts are such a small part, not much "training" for my liking oh well.
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Bluebeholder

« Reply #548 on: September 05, 2010, 08:10:55 AM »
Just a few more bits of info to Gman article:

You only get one spell until you level up the princess in sex #3
Sex 2 increases spell efficacy

Spells:
Red: direct damage
Green: not sure but think its a buff for your guys
Blue: Slows the heroes down

My strategy; (so far I can only reaches nightmares low 60s)

In normal save as much as you can and sell all excess troops. The game + takes your extra cash and gems not totals.  Push fireball up as high as possible. Push quantity to around 500 to prevent the really big waves from immediately capturing the zone if the fireball is insufficient (and get fireballed again next round).  Don't let any territories fall as the expense of recapture and loss of income is fatal.  Early on H the princess as much as you can as her boosts are critical. 

Offline James

« Reply #549 on: September 05, 2010, 03:56:34 PM »
very interesting game i like it even if i dont understand anything plot wise xD, question once the princess bonus reaches full thats it? no point in doing it any more? (waste of stamina?) and how do you 'win' im only on day 23 so far.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #550 on: September 05, 2010, 05:38:10 PM »
Some mre info on the game.

To unlock the other scenes you must defeat a certian number of enemy, collect all the areas and make it to turn 50.

Offline GmanPrime

« Reply #551 on: September 05, 2010, 10:03:05 PM »
Have some bad news folks...there is another difficulty level after nightmare.   ???

So don't spend all your gold and gems before the end.

Offline Starry

« Reply #552 on: September 06, 2010, 05:55:46 AM »
perhaps what you should be saying is you should stop playing them 'so much' - you can still play them and 'do' something with your life - I know of plenty of people who play WoW for example, that have more of a 'life' than I do :D
the idea that playing games and being productive are mutually exclusive has always bothered me ::)
In my case I'm pretty sure they are mutually exclusive.  I can't turn it off.

I'm hoping my brother will help me learn C#.  It never really occured to me to ask for help until recently.

Offline drake

« Reply #553 on: September 06, 2010, 11:50:23 AM »
I couldn't get it to run, I am running windows 7 and installed the japanese display language, what else do I need to do?

Offline Mehzerz

« Reply #554 on: September 06, 2010, 12:13:48 PM »
I couldn't get it to run, I am running windows 7 and installed the japanese display language, what else do I need to do?
Either run it in japanese mode or use applocale.
26 girls, 18 to go