Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 417227 times)

Offline necno

• Core Developer
Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #615 on: November 06, 2010, 05:55:51 PM »
I get bored with them too, but they were my first introduction to hentai.
Click here to donate
After you do so please pm me the email address you used so I can add you to the donation forum.

Working on:
Whoremaster II (Official)
Birthright (Now a commercial rougelike)

Offline TF

« Reply #616 on: November 06, 2010, 07:36:40 PM »
Runaway City I actually really enjoyed (except for the ending; and not like everyone else, because the good ending is so complicated to figure out... because keeping a magical power that makes all the women around you fall deeply in love with you and want to do anything you ask of them is considered the "Bad End.") Fatal Relations I think I played through out of sheer fascination. I've tried playing through many other "classic" VN's; Three Sisters Story, Seasons of Sakura, and later Divi-Dead, but I was bored to tears. I've only managed to finish a handful since then... Jewel Knight Crusaders was humorous and engaging enough (the main character's a lot like Rance) to keep me interested 'til the end.

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #617 on: November 06, 2010, 08:13:30 PM »
My first H-game was Virgin Roster.

Yeah.
Please treat me well even though I don't deserve it.

Offline ForgottenReaver7

« Reply #618 on: November 08, 2010, 07:51:21 AM »
Nachtwolf
Thanks, I'll try that!
...Wait, I have no idea how XD
I'll try looking up vmware though.

Well, my first H game was actually Maids Story... haha XD

TF, what exactly is a VN game? >.<
Out of those games I've only played Divi-Dead but abandoned it rather quickly.

And ShiningRadiance, I didn't know about Virgin Roster until I looked it up just now... And, I don't know what this says about me, but the concept doesn't sound that bad  :D
Sounds kind of like Hentai High School & Rapelay comined actually, though it seems like a generic eroge. Am I wrong?

Offline Samu

« Reply #619 on: November 08, 2010, 11:15:01 AM »
TF, what exactly is a VN game? >.<
Out of those games I've only played Divi-Dead but abandoned it rather quickly.

And ShiningRadiance, I didn't know about Virgin Roster until I looked it up just now... And, I don't know what this says about me, but the concept doesn't sound that bad  :D
Sounds kind of like Hentai High School & Rapelay comined actually, though it seems like a generic eroge. Am I wrong?

VN stands out for Visual Novel, and as the name implies it is a Novel with a lot of imagery (aka. pictures). The genre is aplied to games that excel at story and plot but have a very basic game mechanic in the form of "choices" similar to the "choose your own adventure" books.

Virgin Rooster falls in the VN category.

Other names that people may refer to the genre are: ADV ("graphic adventure" or simply "adventure" its the name of the text based games that apeared in USA, it still being used by some people on the internet), dating sim (bad generalisation, dating sim is a completely diferent genre that got mixed only because the bulk of VN that goes outside of japan (the majority of VN are japanese) have the main character geting laid with one or more girls, actual sim dates are True Love and Sim Girl).

A VN that doesn't present any choices whatsoever are called kinetic novels.

Offline TF

« Reply #620 on: November 08, 2010, 11:50:08 AM »
And I always make sure to call them VN's because I think using a term with the word "game" in it would be misleading... like making people think that there's actual *gameplay*.

Offline Nachtwolf

« Reply #621 on: November 08, 2010, 01:48:52 PM »
I'll try looking up vmware though.

download vmware workstation (there should be a free version on www.vmware.com .. but i'm not sure if those still exist, if not the trial is enough to get things rolling anyway :P)
install it
use the software to create a virtual machine (vm)
either run it with vmware workstation (if there still is a free version)
or download vmware player (which is free)
and run it with that...

now you've got a virtual system you can mess around with

and for those that have a linux server there is vmware server (which is free) that can do everything vmware workstation can do and in addition can stream it to a remote console (using a browser plugin for example).. you can even copy the vmware files created by the server and run it locally with a player

any more questions.. ask vmware or me..

PS.: no i don't work for them .. i just enjoy using their product :)

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #622 on: November 08, 2010, 02:09:18 PM »
VMWare Server is the free version that lets you create new VMs, although you can probably use VMPlayer and downloaded VM and then install the O/S over the top of it.

Also, look at VirtualBox

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #623 on: November 08, 2010, 02:53:44 PM »
Second was gangrape club.

Third was asagi...

Fourth was prison battleship.

It just sorta went on like that.

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
« Reply #624 on: November 08, 2010, 04:34:27 PM »
Second was gangrape club.

Third was asagi...

Fourth was prison battleship.

It just sorta went on like that.

Most of the ones on  that list that had an Anime adaption made where animated by Teruaki Murakami. The Hentai Director that specializes in seizure inducing repetitive fast motion gang bang fucking. (sometimes with piss) Asagi being the most popular of the bunch for some god damn reason.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline ShiningRadiance

• I command thee!
« Reply #625 on: November 08, 2010, 10:19:07 PM »
Most of the ones on  that list that had an Anime adaption made where animated by Teruaki Murakami. The Hentai Director that specializes in seizure inducing repetitive fast motion gang bang fucking. (sometimes with piss) Asagi being the most popular of the bunch for some god damn reason.
The others may have gangrape, but they DON'T have smelly ogres.

Offline Samu

« Reply #626 on: November 09, 2010, 04:27:28 AM »
speaking of lilith games, there's this game im interested in but have been unable to find any working download of it.

the game in question is, dorei maid princess.

any help in finding anything that works (dd, torrent, emule... anything) would be greatly apreciated.

Offline TF

« Reply #627 on: November 09, 2010, 05:30:27 PM »
So, now this is happening. It's a project to translate the entire Rance series (except for the first one) in order. The team still needs people who know how to rip and reinsert text and images from the games.

Offline Kenki

« Reply #628 on: November 09, 2010, 05:52:00 PM »
Yeah, I saw last week. Excited, but they are going to have a hard time. They want to translate the games in Chronological Order so the fans can follow the overarching story. Problem is, the Original Rance 2 is not very appealing, and the remake is based of the System4 engine.

To my knowledge, there is not extraction tool that can reliably unpack the scripts in the .ain file of System4. Crage-tool seems to have stopped development a year ago, and I can only get it to extract bmps of the CGs, plus the opening movie. The .ain file just won't unpack.

The team that did Sengoku Rance (VII), Yandere Translations, had a custom designed tool that only works for Sengoku Rance. Despite the fact that the game uses the System4 Engine, I am not sure their tool would work on the Rance 2 Remake.

So bottom line, until they find some good hackers who can crack the .ain file and and repack it with translated scripts, don't expect to see much progress. I wish them luck, but for now, Sengoku Rance and Big Bang Age will have to keep me occupied.

Offline ForgottenReaver7

« Reply #629 on: November 10, 2010, 10:59:35 AM »
 Samu, thanks for the info. Nachtwolf, all right sounds awesome. I'll try it out. ;D
  Regarding the Rance games rewrites-- I am both extremely excited and supremely stupefied.  ???
 Seems like it will be extremely difficult. Still, I wish them luck and will be following closely.  8)

How come they aren't going for the first game though?