devolution

Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 417277 times)

Offline Alugere

Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #90 on: December 16, 2009, 06:55:16 PM »
You're typing in the actual symbols that make up the smiley. For instance if you type in : ) without a space in between you get :) .

Also, try using japanese regional settings when you install the game.

Offline Command

« Reply #91 on: December 16, 2009, 07:07:13 PM »
I'll try but it doesn't exactly explain why I have multiple question marks identifying the files with a .something

The japanese text thing should have at least shown the all file's names.  So far I only get a certain amount.  And some is also in a choppy english font.  But it's those certain files that keep showing question mark's.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #92 on: December 16, 2009, 07:20:35 PM »
If the files have Japanese characters in them, then your computer can only show them properly if it is set up to display Japanese characters.

Furthermore, if you run winrar or somesuch and you're not running with Japanese localization then it doesn't know how construct the filenames, and so it puts some sort of placeholder char in place.

Something like that, anyway. There are depths to Unicode that I never did get my head around.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #93 on: December 16, 2009, 10:37:36 PM »
Are you using XP or Vista/7?  IIRC, XP requires that you install the Japanese language pack, and then either install/unpack using applocale or switch to Japanese language mode and install/unpack.  With Vista and 7, you should be fine just installing or unpacking by running the installation executable or the archiver executable in applocale.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Command

« Reply #94 on: December 16, 2009, 11:20:07 PM »
XP.  The problem seems to have been fixed but I still can't seem to find where to put the english patch.

Could you post where that patch is suppost to go.

Thank's for all your help.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #95 on: December 17, 2009, 01:13:05 AM »
I haven't installed the game, but I would guess that you copy the patch file to the game folder and run the patch, it will probably put everything where it needs to go.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #96 on: December 17, 2009, 01:37:44 AM »
I'm pretty sure it's an installer patch. So you just double click on it. But then I haven't played the game in a while.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline hewhoispale

« Reply #97 on: December 17, 2009, 08:34:25 AM »
Yandre Translations did the patch: http://yandere.gray7.com/?page_id=90
Their patch actually installs the game and patches it at the same time for you.

Offline Command

« Reply #98 on: December 17, 2009, 09:07:28 AM »
Ok the one I down loaded wasn't an installer it just opened in a test file.

Ok the I can't seem to open Rance9.ani file as a installer at best all I can do is ipen it with one of the text programs how do I start the patch installer.

« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 09:18:06 AM by Command »

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #99 on: December 17, 2009, 10:22:05 AM »
You should have the file "Sengoku_Rance_English_v1.0_[Yandere_Translations].exe" from the page hewhoispale posted, as well as the update patch from here: http://yandere.gray7.com/?p=662

Mount the iso file for the DVD and run Sengoku_Rance_English_v1.0_[Yandere_Translations].exe, then find rance7.ain in the install directory (may be in a sub directory) and copy over it with the updated rance7.ain file from the update patch page.  You should then be able to run the game.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #100 on: December 17, 2009, 06:21:20 PM »
For fans of Softhouse Chara (the Sudzukuri Dragon people) they have a new one out. There's a discussion up on HF about it.

Apparently you have to run a ninja camp, buy in ninja-eggs to hatch new ninjas (I am not making this up) and "convert" the female ninjas from the other houses).

I haven't had time to do more than look at the first couple of screens, but it sounds like fun :)

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113148

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #101 on: December 17, 2009, 06:51:45 PM »
Oh, distractions. I love distractions. ^_^

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #102 on: December 17, 2009, 07:55:53 PM »
Thanks Doc. I'll check it out.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline hewhoispale

« Reply #103 on: December 18, 2009, 08:26:57 AM »
I don't suppose there are translations for the softhouse chara games? They sound quirky and fun, but I never did well enough in Japanese class to read more than a handful of kanji.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #104 on: December 18, 2009, 08:32:16 AM »
Your handful of kanji has me beat. I use AGTH to can figure out what's going on.