Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 418034 times)

Offline Command

Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #105 on: December 18, 2009, 11:13:04 PM »
Thank's for your help it's working now.

Offline sgb

« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2009, 01:53:41 PM »
Apparently you have to run a ninja camp, buy in ninja-eggs to hatch new ninjas (I am not making this up) and "convert" the female ninjas from the other houses).
Never change Japan. 

Offline letmein

« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2009, 02:55:28 PM »
You have to give credit;  it's hard to get an entire nation to spontaneously go batshit crazy.
Still lurking.

Offline Command

« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2009, 03:12:04 PM »
I wonder if theira are any trainers or cheats for this.

How about if anyone know's how to get those action fans to post likely places where we can find them for that game.  It's hard to do alot of stuff with just two fans.

Offline Kalebon

« Reply #109 on: December 19, 2009, 03:41:29 PM »
I would like to get an English installer and translation for it. I would like to try this interestingly sounding concept of a game.

Offline sgb

« Reply #110 on: December 19, 2009, 03:44:55 PM »
There's a full walkthrough on gamefaqs for Rance.  I suggest using it on your first playthrough as the game is heavily scripted and luck based.  Attack the wrong houses, and the demon army shows up too soon for you to handle.  Once you beat it you open up Free Mode and Kill The Monkey route, which actually let you play a proper strategy game.

Offline Exeed

« Reply #111 on: December 19, 2009, 05:11:39 PM »
This is a file i made to cheat on Sengoku rance of course the english version, it is for cheat engine. To use it just search for the amount of money you have in game until it gives you just 2 addresses, select the first one and select the fist code, then right click, recalculate all addresses, click on change to address and confirm it as the same as the address you found for the money click ok and voila!

One error i have found is that if you lose, some of the addresses change, for them to take the same original position simply close and restart the game, strangely  the addresses don't change when loading(doing so is fine), just when you lose. which is actually good.

Offline sgb

« Reply #112 on: December 19, 2009, 07:58:40 PM »
Anyone else try that Ninja one?  I read some of the general instruction posts on Hongfire on it, but I still have no idea what's going on.  Nothing ever seems to happen.  How do you get the faction you're working for to...I don't know, START DOING SOMETHING?  I played to turn 50, and as far as I can tell absolutely nothing of importance happened during that time.

Edit: Apparently it's just that boring.  All you CAN do is blunder around until some story events happen at the very end, then you (hopefully) win.  Yawn.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 08:19:40 PM by sgb »

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #113 on: December 19, 2009, 08:11:19 PM »
For fans of Softhouse Chara (the Sudzukuri Dragon people) they have a new one out. There's a discussion up on HF about it.

Apparently you have to run a ninja camp, buy in ninja-eggs to hatch new ninjas (I am not making this up) and "convert" the female ninjas from the other houses).

I haven't had time to do more than look at the first couple of screens, but it sounds like fun :)

http://www.hongfire.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113148
\

Hurray new game I just finaly passed sengoku rance after figuring out you dont really have to conquer the world just pass the time until the game decides its time for you to corner the finaly boss
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!

exodia91

« Reply #114 on: December 19, 2009, 08:20:21 PM »
the game just does that if you're slow, you actually should conquer everyone as quickly as possible to get a decent score (I ended my first playthrough with a 0 -_-). and your first playthrough is also very scripted and linear and you can only take one path. Second playthrough you unlock most other paths and the diff changer and bonus stuff. I suggest the kill the monkey bonus path, since then... errr... the main storyline will never take place, and you can just conquer the other countries and have fun.

Offline Command

« Reply #115 on: December 19, 2009, 10:48:20 PM »
This is a file i made to cheat on Sengoku rance of course the english version, it is for cheat engine. To use it just search for the amount of money you have in game until it gives you just 2 addresses, select the first one and select the fist code, then right click, recalculate all addresses, click on change to address and confirm it as the same as the address you found for the money click ok and voila!

One error i have found is that if you lose, some of the addresses change, for them to take the same original position simply close and restart the game, strangely  the addresses don't change when loading(doing so is fine), just when you lose. which is actually good.

I'm still having trouble using that program could you give me a step by step idea. of what I'm doing with it.

I have it but I'm ont sure of what to do when I try to open the program with that.  I maybe misunderstanding the instructions you have and the ones in the instruction manual.

I'm mostly after Warfans.   know you need to do that satisfaction thing to get them but every time I bring it up I have none.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2009, 10:51:51 PM by Command »

Offline sgb

« Reply #116 on: December 20, 2009, 02:59:46 AM »
the game just does that if you're slow, you actually should conquer everyone as quickly as possible to get a decent score (I ended my first playthrough with a 0 -_-). and your first playthrough is also very scripted and linear and you can only take one path. Second playthrough you unlock most other paths and the diff changer and bonus stuff. I suggest the kill the monkey bonus path, since then... errr... the main storyline will never take place, and you can just conquer the other countries and have fun.
Free Mode is even better, as you can play as any house, there are NO scripted events at all, and the computer doesn't get to cheat (in the normal game, their army sizes scale with yours; so there's no point to increasing troops past a certain point as you will not actually get ahead.)

Offline Exeed

« Reply #117 on: December 20, 2009, 03:22:26 AM »

I'm still having trouble using that program could you give me a step by step idea. of what I'm doing with it.

I have it but I'm ont sure of what to do when I try to open the program with that.  I maybe misunderstanding the instructions you have and the ones in the instruction manual.

I'm mostly after Warfans.   know you need to do that satisfaction thing to get them but every time I bring it up I have none.

ok i'll try to explain it step by step

1 Open sengoku rance eng hopefully in window mode so you can change windows easily
2 open cheat engine (CE)
3 load game in sengoku rance (SR)
4 in the left uper corner of the CE window click the icon with the computer it will show you the processes running in windows
5 Select system40.exe which is the SR  process name and click ok
6 select the second upper left icon (folder) and search for the file i uploaded open it
7 now check the amount of gold you have in the SR window and write it in the value field in CE, check that the scan type is exact type and value type 4 bytes, then click fist scan, it will search the memory and give back qa bunch of adresses in the left of the window
8 spend some gold in SR so the value changes,  write the new value in the search field in CE and click next scan, rinse and repeat until just two addresses appear in the left(if the value is unique enough, you might just need to do it once), Now those two addresses represent gold, the difference is that the second is dependent of the first so changing it is meaningless, anyway without my table file you could simply double click the fist address, and you could modify money, with my table you can modyfy a bunch of values that i searched.
9 To synchronize the table to the new addresses, select the fist of the two addresses of the left and select the fist address from the bottom(labeled money), give it a right click and click recalculate all addresses, click in the change to address tab, and check that it matched the address you selected from the left. click ok, and all the current values should fill the current data

The field i searched are money, fans, then are the number of actions in battle per character (max is 6 and in the description are the position of each one), the hp value for bosses(enemy center left slot extremely useful to kill orochi) , then the unlabeled ones below that are all the consumable items, i didn't add permanents since some of they are from events nor did i add the low level notebooks(max lvl6) since their better version is included(max lvl9). you just need to fill each of  them with howmuchever items you want, ie 999 i think 9999 also works but i don't recommend it

hope I made it easy enough to understand

Offline James

« Reply #118 on: December 20, 2009, 02:26:07 PM »
its a fun game, and yea you have to be quick, any one know if there is a trainer yet? personally 2 actions fans are not enough (apperently you can get one every 50 satisfaction) but it seems to be very long.

on a side note rance is awsome  ???  (how the hell did he not die F***ing the ninja girl?)

Offline Fstop

• I <3 Deadpool
« Reply #119 on: December 20, 2009, 04:03:22 PM »
The reason is cause he Assasination proof =o
Deadpool: Shhh. My Common sense is tingling
Common sense so rare it's a god damn super power!