Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 417113 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #135 on: December 23, 2009, 10:56:55 PM »
Crimes are legal affairs (which typically have little to do with right and wrong, the domains of morality), so considering "killing cute girls" a "crime punishable by death" is not a moral stance.  Believing that it is wrong is a moral stance (as, for that matter, is believing that it is right).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Command

« Reply #136 on: December 24, 2009, 08:58:49 AM »
I guess it would be if he didn't try to turn said cute girls into his sex slaves all the time.

Boy he really knows about restraint.

It's like he has no clue what the word descression and tact means.

Offline Command

« Reply #137 on: December 24, 2009, 11:41:54 AM »
Just encountered a questionable problem with this game.

In the option menu when your trying to assign the correct number of troops with an skill type the reuiered number and what I currently have isn't in numbers it's in leters.

Like 00 / PT.

It just happaned today.  I installed it on a new computer but I don't remember it having this exact problem yesterday.

I had it on another one and it didn't have this problem.

It could be an error but if anyone could check  it out please to so.

ALso I'm trying to install the Kichikuou game but when I keep getting an error message I can't read.  When I'm checking out ways to solve it I just get a short sentance about using the other exe file but so far nothing is working.  If anyone has a better understanding about how to get it to install let me know.  also I did use appelocal and set it to Japanese.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2009, 03:59:43 PM by Command »

Offline Command

« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2010, 11:58:47 AM »
Sorry for the tripple post but I wanted to submit some content for this thread.

This link leads to a menagery of Japanese games I'm not sure if all of them are in Japanese but it's a long list.

http://hideyoshi.2ch.net/test/read.cgi/download/1233748649/l50

I also found an interesting H game called Level Justice.  All I need is to find a Japanese English dictionary and maybe I can figure out what some of what I'm doing says.  It seems more like your taking part of the villian side in a parody of a ranger/sailormoon game thing I can't be 100% sure unless I can read Japanese.

http://exalpha-anime.blogspot.com/search?zx=4ceb6e2319e7375e

Also if anyone can answer some of my previous posts I would apresiate it.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #139 on: January 02, 2010, 03:25:14 PM »

I also found an interesting H game called Level Justice.  All I need is to find a Japanese English dictionary and maybe I can figure out what some of what I'm doing says.  It seems more like your taking part of the villian side in a parody of a ranger/sailormoon game thing I can't be 100% sure unless I can read Japanese.

http://exalpha-anime.blogspot.com/search?zx=4ceb6e2319e7375e

Level Justice is another softhouse chara game. You can translate it with AGTH; wel;l enough to play, anyway. I've always found it quite fun, although I don't think I ever finished it.

Also if anyone can answer some of my previous posts I would apresiate it.

I thought I had ... obviously not. Anyway, yes I get the same problem with number in Sengoku Rance. I think it must be a glitch with the translation patch. The only thing I can really suggest is raising it on the Yandere Translations forum and see if anyone there can help.

As regards k-rance - you should jsut have to click on the system35 exe if memory serves. I'll see if I can find my copy and have a look.

Offline Command

« Reply #140 on: January 02, 2010, 09:17:29 PM »
That K-ranch is the problem I keep trying that one setup option but I keep getting an error at the beginning or the setup.  ANd I'm useing the one with the slightly strange alterationfrom setup.

I'm not sure if there is a browse setting before that I haven't found it yet.  BUt if there is I can check is they substituted a / with that Y like symbol.

Also I just attempted o use that AGTH program a few times looking at the instructions is a forum I found to use it but after a few attempts I haven't gotten any Japanese translation if anything the thing just displays the same Japanese text in there and that's after I used the R\ and L\.  So I'm a little lost.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2010, 09:32:55 PM by Command »

Offline Zuul

« Reply #141 on: January 02, 2010, 09:43:19 PM »
Also I just attempted o use that AGTH program a few times looking at the instructions is a forum I found to use it but after a few attempts I haven't gotten any Japanese translation if anything the thing just displays the same Japanese text in there and that's after I used the R\ and L\.  So I'm a little lost.

AFAIK this is the only thing AGTH does, but now you can pop open the google translator and copy the text from the AGTH window (which you couldnt do from the game directly, obviously). Its not a perfect translation, but a translation nontheless.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #142 on: January 02, 2010, 09:46:24 PM »
The other thing to try is if you can find a copy of ATLAS which is a translator program and can be set up to auto-translate anything from the clipboard.

Still not perfect, but faster than learning to read Japanese.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #143 on: January 03, 2010, 12:05:13 AM »
http://www.ulmf.org/bbs/showpost.php?p=9647&postcount=1 That post has links to a download of AGTH and ATLAS as well as instructions on their use.

Offline sgb

« Reply #144 on: January 03, 2010, 12:26:47 AM »
Ah Atlas, hero of hentai game players everywhere.  It's so useful I'd considering buying a copy if it wasn't Photoshop expensive.

Offline Command

« Reply #145 on: January 03, 2010, 01:02:20 PM »
If I switch my computer to Japanese would I risk making it hard for me to navigate around the computer to set it back.

Basically will it change all the words I already have into Japanese making it almost impossible for me to swich it back if I need to?

Also I'm tryingo copy and past that japanese language into Babel fish and so far aside from a few things I keep getting some strange gibberish that keeps repeating.

I have manged to do a few things with babel fish but the text keep's jumping when ever I try to translate the next line.  Does anyone know how to stop this auto text?
« Last Edit: January 03, 2010, 01:39:57 PM by Command »

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #146 on: January 03, 2010, 02:19:04 PM »
Don't switch your computer to Japanese. Switch the Language and Unicode programs.
Control panel>Region and Language>Administrative>Language and Unicode programs:Japanese

Your computer will still be in english, but Japanese games will not only install but they'll show up in full Japanese not that scrambled stuff. Only problem with keeping your computer that way is installing some programs. Some programs (Only one that I recall) will have Japanese menus.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Command

« Reply #147 on: January 03, 2010, 04:11:42 PM »
So basically I switch into Japanese for this install then switch it back after the installed.

And switching it back is easy right?

Offline Alugere

« Reply #148 on: January 03, 2010, 04:32:15 PM »
Yes, it is easy, but same games only run in japanese unicode.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #149 on: January 03, 2010, 04:53:17 PM »
Running games in Applocale should solve that particular problem without having to mess with the language settings for your computer.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."