devolution

Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 416866 times)

Offline Command

Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 03, 2010, 07:20:49 PM »
Running games in Applocale should solve that particular problem without having to mess with the language settings for your computer.

It's the setup part that's the problem.  Not running it.  I haven't been able to successfully install the thing.  It starts it up but as soon as that % completion bar showes up I get an error message in Japanese and I half to quit it.

Also I have been using that program to run it.

Offline Command

« Reply #151 on: January 03, 2010, 07:30:55 PM »
Don't switch your computer to Japanese. Switch the Language and Unicode programs.
Control panel>Region and Language>Administrative>Language and Unicode programs:Japanese

Your computer will still be in english, but Japanese games will not only install but they'll show up in full Japanese not that scrambled stuff. Only problem with keeping your computer that way is installing some programs. Some programs (Only one that I recall) will have Japanese menus.

Sorry for the double post I just couldn't figure out how to put this into a modify.

I followed the path for my XP but I didn't have anything for the Administrative part.

So half way there I don't have much else to go on.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #152 on: January 03, 2010, 07:45:30 PM »
It's the setup part that's the problem.  Not running it.  I haven't been able to successfully install the thing.  It starts it up but as soon as that % completion bar showes up I get an error message in Japanese and I half to quit it.

Have you tried running the setup program in Applocale?
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline Command

« Reply #153 on: January 03, 2010, 08:23:41 PM »
Yes
the error message says
Setup Program
Then SETUPNT.INF then some Japanese characters.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #154 on: January 03, 2010, 08:46:50 PM »
OK, I found my copy, and I think I know how to sort this out.

Basically, ignore the setup programs. You should be able to make to game run by going into the GAMEDATA folder and double-clicking system35.exe.

There is a slight complication in that system35.exe reads SETUP.INF in the folder above to find the filenames for the game itself. The problem here is that if the archieve is unpacked without support for Japanese characters, the filenames can get mangled so it still fails.

The eaiest solution is probably to backup setup.inf and then edit the names to match the ones in the GAMEDATA folder.You can generally match them up on the the last two chars of the name, plus the extension. You may need to rename the data files as well as the matching lines in setup.inf.

Once all that is done. double-clicking system35.exe should launch the game.

Beyond that ... there used to be an excellent explanation of all this on Hentai Palm before a certain mad moderator decided to delete everything in sight. Sadly, I don't know where you'd find a better discussion now, although asking on HP or Hongfire would probably work.

Offline Command

« Reply #155 on: January 03, 2010, 09:18:10 PM »
OK, I found my copy, and I think I know how to sort this out.

Basically, ignore the setup programs. You should be able to make to game run by going into the GAMEDATA folder and double-clicking system35.exe.

There is a slight complication in that system35.exe reads SETUP.INF in the folder above to find the filenames for the game itself. The problem here is that if the archieve is unpacked without support for Japanese characters, the filenames can get mangled so it still fails.

The eaiest solution is probably to backup setup.inf and then edit the names to match the ones in the GAMEDATA folder.You can generally match them up on the the last two chars of the name, plus the extension. You may need to rename the data files as well as the matching lines in setup.inf.

Once all that is done. double-clicking system35.exe should launch the game.

Beyond that ... there used to be an excellent explanation of all this on Hentai Palm before a certain mad moderator decided to delete everything in sight. Sadly, I don't know where you'd find a better discussion now, although asking on HP or Hongfire would probably work.

Could you give me a sort of set up for the names I have a few files with the same ending name I may get the wrong one.

Or would I half to download that file again and extract it with Japanese characters?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #156 on: January 03, 2010, 09:26:39 PM »
Well, most of my files look like this:

Code: [Select]
<S�{%�GA.ALD
The thing is, you should only find one file ending in GA.ALD. In fact all the ALD files should be unique. The .ASD files are (I think) save files and can be ignored

In some ways the easiest way to procede might be to delete everything but the last 5 chars of each .ALD file (leaving GA.ALD, SA.ALD, etc...) and then edit the .inf file to match.

Offline Command

« Reply #157 on: January 03, 2010, 09:50:00 PM »
Ok But first I'm making a copy.

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
« Reply #158 on: January 03, 2010, 09:55:36 PM »
always wise :)

Offline Command

« Reply #159 on: January 03, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »
Ok now I'm getting an error message in complete Japanese once the Game starts.

(I used the deleting the extra jiberish thing)

It seems to happen after a beginning movie or if I skip it.

Or post the correct names of the different files and their locations then I could copy and past the different names there just incase the jibberous messed up the file names.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:05:28 PM by Command »

exodia91

« Reply #160 on: January 05, 2010, 02:53:26 PM »
hmmm... I think I'm stuck on level justice, I got up to the point where the 4 girls formed the SAFE stars, and I've beaten all of them multiple times until they stopped giving me events, but the plot isn't progressing anymore... what am I supposed to do next?

Offline Command

« Reply #161 on: January 06, 2010, 10:44:20 AM »
I think I beat it but I haven't beaten all those girls.  It maybe easier if I had a different translation software than Babel fish it is a little difficult to use but it is better than nothing.  I just with I could cut and past more than just 150 words at a time.

THeir is a change in game play the second time around you get more stuff starting off.

Maybe someone can show some sort of starter walkthough.  My most diffifcult problem is that I have no idea what ends and how it starts.  I most my attempts to gain alot of stuff mostly fails because my troops keeps getting defeated.  Or does some of the plots only open up if we loose a few.  Maybe some of the players who have layed it previously coudl send a beginning walkthrough of the beginning of the game or a way to give us an idea of what to do the game or what activates certain scenes. 

Offline LordJerle

« Reply #162 on: January 16, 2010, 09:05:21 AM »
Well, this isn't quite an H-game, but it's a nice simulator style game somewhat similar to WM.
Total Extreme Wrestling 2005
It's released as freeware, tho the later versions you have to pay for.  It's got custom worker creation, with a portrait system and the editor's built in to the game itself.  It's kind of like General Manager mode in Smackdown VS Raw 2008 (I think that's the one it's closest to, don't remember), and you compete with other wrestling brands for dominance in the business.  If anyone's interested, I can throw together a portrait pack or something.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #163 on: January 17, 2010, 03:45:41 AM »

Sorry for the double post I just couldn't figure out how to put this into a modify.

I followed the path for my XP but I didn't have anything for the Administrative part.

So half way there I don't have much else to go on.
Sorry, it's different in XP. Go here:
http://dev.ektron.com/kb_article.aspx?id=5982
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline TheEcchiSessha

« Reply #164 on: January 17, 2010, 05:09:41 PM »
I was playing HHH, and decided to see if I could "break" it.  Seems that after you buy certain things you start to get this error when you click Class Rooms between the Teaching phase. I have uniforms set to "Girls: Naked", however changing that doesn't stop the error. I have all 4 sex clubs going, again changing those doesn't have any affect. It seems to happen when you buy Tentacles and have some of the "later" sex stuff, as the error doesn't pop on normal playthroughs with tentacles enabled.

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IndexOutOfRangeException: Index was outside the bounds of the array.
   at HentHighschool.Infrastructure.Visit(School school, Event[] events, Club[] clubs)
   at HentHighschool.Form1.ButtonInfra(Int32 num)
   at HentHighschool.Form1.btInfra1_Click(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.4016 (NetFxQFE.050727-4000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
HentHighschool
    Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/HentHighschool/HentHighschool.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Xml
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

Also when your school gets to a certain point on Sex when you go to check the sports area, you get a scene that says "The students wanted to do their sport lesson naked." Your only choice is "Forbid it".

Just thought I could post these since it's being remade.

~TheEcchiSessha