Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 417097 times)

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #165 on: January 17, 2010, 06:07:56 PM »
I ran into that as well, I think I know what the error is about. Sadly the remake has been put on hold due to helping with necros game and life in general.  It will get done though.

Offline sablecaballero

« Reply #166 on: January 21, 2010, 03:45:06 PM »
I'm totally lost in Level Justice... could anyone give a little explanation on how to play? I make a monster but don't know how to get more materials (the coloured pieces) or money O.o

Thanks

Offline zartog

« Reply #167 on: January 22, 2010, 04:44:56 AM »
I just tried playin hentai high school.
What the hell? How the hell does any of this work? I don't get it at all! T__T
When i think something will do one thing, it does another, does anyone have an explanation?
Help!

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #168 on: January 22, 2010, 04:52:17 AM »
Your best bet is to pour over all the discussion on HHS in this thread, because that game is a mess.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #169 on: January 22, 2010, 05:39:15 PM »
Isn't there a dedicated thread for HHS wandering around somewhere, too?  There was some pretty good information in there as well, IIRC.
Still lurking.

Offline Command

« Reply #170 on: January 22, 2010, 06:37:36 PM »
I never saw one.

Offline letmein

« Reply #171 on: January 22, 2010, 07:09:03 PM »
Meh.  Must've been a hijacked thread, or something.
Still lurking.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #172 on: January 22, 2010, 07:25:58 PM »
Isn't there a dedicated thread for HHS wandering around somewhere, too?  There was some pretty good information in there as well, IIRC.

That would be this thread.

Offline letmein

« Reply #173 on: January 22, 2010, 07:46:55 PM »
Actually, no - this thread was created after we'd already started talking about HHS.  It might have first come up in the OT thread, or perhaps somewhere completely different.
Still lurking.

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #174 on: January 22, 2010, 09:16:40 PM »
Probably should write a guide to HHS.

I can start one, the problem is I don't know what the numbers are to get each ending.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #175 on: January 22, 2010, 10:26:42 PM »
Should I code dive and try to fiugre out where the hell the original creator decided to put that nugget of code.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #176 on: January 22, 2010, 10:44:28 PM »
Let me. Here is the code which determines the ending number ("num"):
Code: [Select]
if (((school.Sex > 95) && (school.Joy > 80)) && (school.Reputation > 50))
{
    num = 9;
}
else if (((school.Sex > 80) && (school.Knowledge > 90)) && (school.Reputation > 40))
{
    num = 4;
}
else if (((school.Behaviour > 75) && (school.Sex > 80)) && (school.Reputation > 30))
{
    num = 2;
}
else if ((school.Morality > 60) && (school.Sex > 50))
{
    num = 7;
}
else if ((((school.Sex > 40) && (school.Morality > 40)) && (school.Joy > 40)) && (school.Behaviour > 40))
{
    num = 11;
}
else if ((school.Knowledge > 60) && (school.Sex > 80))
{
    num = 6;
}
else if ((school.Sex > 80) && (school.Morality < 10))
{
    num = 10;
}
else if ((school.Sex > 50) && (school.Behaviour < 40))
{
    num = 1;
}
else if (school.Sex > 75)
{
    num = 13;
}
else if ((school.Behaviour > 85) && (school.Sex < 50))
{
    num = 3;
}
else if ((school.Reputation < 20) && (school.Joy < 20))
{
    num = 8;
}
else if (school.Reputation < 10)
{
    num = 5;
}

And here is the code for the text of each ending:
Code: [Select]
if (this.Num == 1)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + " became famous for the frivolity of the girls studying there. It is said anybody can fuck one of them as their really whores.";
}
else if (this.Num == 2)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Man: So, you're going to marry a girl from " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + "?\r\nGroom: Right, she's a really nice girl.\r\nMan: I bet, you're going to enjoy your nights, the girls from " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + " are really great in bed.";
}
else if (this.Num == 3)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Woman A: You know, i'm glad someone responsible took care of the school nearby.\r\nWoman B: You're right, the kids there are really nice and helpful now.";
}
else if (this.Num == 4)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Scientist A: Hey, good news! A girl from " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + " is going to work here.\r\nScientist B: Cool! I hope she's like they're said to be.\r\nScientist A: Yeah, trust me... She is!";
}
else if (this.Num == 5)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Girl: I'm going to study at " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + "! I can choose where i'll go!\r\nFather: Never! This school is full of scums and thugs! I don't want my daughter to study there!";
}
else if (this.Num == 6)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Office Lady A: So, you saw the new girl? She's from " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + ".\r\nOffice Lady B: Yes, i did. And she's just like the rumors says. I'm sure i saw her masturbating in her office.\r\nOffice Lady A: How shameful.";
}
else if (this.Num == 7)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Woman A: Oh, nice to meet you, sister. I saw a new young girl coming to your convent.\r\nNun: That's right, she's from " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + " and she's a really nice girl. But there are some strange rumors about her. I sure hope they're not true.";
}
else if (this.Num ==
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Boy: So, where did you study before coming to this school?\r\nGirl: Errr, no... nowhere, it's... well... you know...\r\nBoy: Ashamed of your old school?\r\nGirl: ... yes.";
}
else if (this.Num == 9)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "After the end of your work as principal, the old school had been turned into your personnal harem. Each and every girl lusting for more and more sex.";
}
else if (this.Num == 10)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Girl: Excuse me. I'd like to work here.\r\nWoman: You do realise, girl, you're in a brothel here?\r\nGirl: Yup, i'm from " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + ".\r\nWoman: Oh! Nevermind then, welcome, you will surely meet old acquaintances of you here.";
}
else if (this.Num == 11)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Man: So you're going to get married soon? How is your bride?Groom: A really nice girl, she's from " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool].Name + ".Man: Oh, i heard it's a nice school, there.";
}
else if (this.Num == 12)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "After the end of your work as principal, the school slowly returned to her old self and became a classical school again.";
}
else if (this.Num == 13)
{
    this.tbDetails.Text = "Boy A: Hey, there is a transfert student coming to our school, guess what! She's from " + this.principal.Schools[this.principal.CurrentSchool] + "!\r\nBoy B: Score! You think she's like the rumor says?\r\nBoy A: Not sure, but i sure hope she is.";
}

You should be able to figure it out from that.

EDIT: by the way:

short guide for HHS: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=63.msg1650#msg1650

Save with all extras bought: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=63.msg1683#msg1683

Updated EXE to fix a couple bugs: http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=63.msg1832#msg1832
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 10:49:15 PM by Dagoth »

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #177 on: January 22, 2010, 10:53:43 PM »
Thanks, would it have killed the guy to organize the code better.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #178 on: January 22, 2010, 11:28:02 PM »
Heh, yeah, it's a bit of a mess. Particularly all the stuff piled into Form1.  ;)

By the way, a bit bored again so I went ahead and fixed the 2 bugs mentioned by TheEcchiSessha.

Download here:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/lbynmxmzw5z/HHS_1.0.0.2_exe.zip
As before, just unzip it into the main game folder, overwriting the original executable.

So, changelist of bugs fixed:
v1.0.0.2:
  • Visiting "Class rooms" would throw an error late in the game after you'd unlocked pretty much everything in the school.
  • When students wanted to do sports lessons naked, your only choice was "Forbid it"; the other choice was in the code but slightly bugged. If you're curious, allowing them to continue just gives  -3 Morality and a red orb, no reputation loss or anything else.
v1.0.0.1:
  • Initial savegames from any but the first school would not fully load properly; this was a bug in the game loading code, where it wasn't setting the current school properly and thus loading the default base data for the first school.
  • Loading a game, exiting to the main menu, and then trying to load another game would result in a crash; this was due to the save/load form being trashed and not re-initialized properly next time around.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2010, 11:32:16 PM by Dagoth »

Offline letmein

« Reply #179 on: January 23, 2010, 12:50:39 AM »
@delta:  Maybe.  Pooolka was never the most reasonable coder - he had great ideas, and made great games, but he tended to toss them together into a rough beta, then drop them.  The fact that at least two of his games are still being constantly edited and expanded by others speaks in a couple different ways, I think.
Still lurking.