devolution

Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 417968 times)

Offline NuMysterio

Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #180 on: January 23, 2010, 01:17:52 AM »
Here's a quick guide, without all that stuff since I posted.

http://www.hexellent.com/files/7/gameguide.doc

It's very rough, but should guide people through the game enough to figure out how to play.  Feel free to comment and thanks for digging into the code.  I'll add it to the guide later.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #181 on: January 23, 2010, 05:56:12 AM »
A bit soon maybe, but I was still bored, so...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wyy2motmm4n/HHS_1.0.0.3_exe.zip

This version isn't actually a bugfix though, it's a gameplay tweak to make later gameplay slightly easier as long as you have an impressive school. Here's what I did.
At the end of the year, it checks your school's Knowledge, Behaviour, Morality, and Joy. For each of these, if it's higher than 60, you have a chance for +1 to reputation. With a value of above 80, you have guaranteed +1 reputation, with the possibility for +2. 100 is a guaranteed +2.
To put it more technically, each point over 60 adds 5% chance for a +1, likewise for each point over 80. So, for example, 70 would give 50% chance of +1 reputation. 86 would give +1 guaranteed, with 30% chance for +2 instead.
So, if you somehow had 100 in all 4 of those stats (hah, right), that would be +8 reputation guaranteed. The most you're likely to manage is +4 to +6 late in the game.

Also, it will tell you exactly which of these stat-based reputation bonuses you get in the end of the year report. :)

I think it's a sensible addition.

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #182 on: January 23, 2010, 11:11:20 AM »
Is that what the game does now and you're just spelling it out or did you add all of that?

Offline Graen

« Reply #183 on: January 23, 2010, 01:12:51 PM »
A bit soon maybe, but I was still bored, so...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wyy2motmm4n/HHS_1.0.0.3_exe.zip

This version isn't actually a bugfix though, it's a gameplay tweak to make later gameplay slightly easier as long as you have an impressive school...

What would really be nice is if each school had it's own set of rules.

For instance Kagaku High would be more concerned about Knowledge and reward more reputation based on that.  St. Julia would be concerned about Morality.  Zoku School, would not care about reputation so it would lose it at a slower pace, but also earn it back just as slow.  Mardukane College would not punish you as much for basic Sexual Activities.  Finally Hentai-High would not punish your reputation as much for all Sexual Activities.

That said.... good job on modifying the game so far.

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #184 on: January 23, 2010, 02:17:54 PM »
Quick list of endings and their requirements, in order of priority (higher ones will come first):

1.   Harem – Sex > 95, Joy > 80, Reputation > 50
2.   Lab Girl – Sex > 80, Knowledge > 90, Reputation > 40
3.   Talented Bride – Sex > 80, Behavior > 75, Reputation > 30
4.   Nun – Sex > 50, Morality > 60
5.   Wonderful Bride – Sex >40, Behavior > 40, Morality > 40, Joy > 40
6.   Office Girl – Sex > 80, Knowledge > 60
7.   Brothel – Sex > 80, Morality < 10
8.   Whore – Sex > 50, Behavior < 40
9.   Transfer Student – Sex > 75
10.   Good School – Sex < 50, Behavior > 85
11.   Ashamed – Joy < 20, Reputation < 20
12.   Father’s Objection – Reputation < 10
13.   Return to Normal

I think, just looking at the code provided, that the last ending may never show up.  There doesn't seem to be a call for it.

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #185 on: January 23, 2010, 03:30:06 PM »
Is that what the game does now and you're just spelling it out or did you add all of that?
I added that in the 1.0.0.3 release I linked above.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #186 on: January 23, 2010, 04:20:20 PM »
I got the last ending on my first play through, when I didn't know what the hell I was doing, so it must have a call somewhere.  Also, the requirements are not quite so straightforward, as there is a priority processing order.  Note that many endings do not have unique conditions, so the order in which they are checked for matters (ex: 1 and 2 on your list can occur at the same time, but ending 2 is checked for first, so if you meet both conditions, you will get ending 2).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 04:25:19 PM by zodiac44 »
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #187 on: January 23, 2010, 07:26:57 PM »
I'm pretty sure I got it in priority order.  At least I thought I got it right by the code Dagoth posted earlier.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #188 on: January 23, 2010, 08:29:26 PM »
Maybe you did, it might have been me who read it wrong.  The code is a mess in any event.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #189 on: January 24, 2010, 12:34:52 AM »
I just ran through my own test, and when I should have gotten the Lab Girl ending, I got Talented Bride (BTW, I made up the names for giggles).  So there might be something going on with the code.  Not sure what though.

BTW, Dagoth's mod makes the game quite a bit easier, so I recommend using it.

Offline Alugere

« Reply #190 on: January 25, 2010, 07:33:46 PM »
Two things I would like, though:

Whenever I play, there seems to be a default -2 rep per year on top of everything. (I don't mean from rules or something, but when it says how much rep I gain or lose in a year, I actually get 2 less than that amount, so 0 rep gained = -2 rep gained, 2 = 0, 4 = 2...)

Also, It would be nice if negative rep was subtracted before positive rep was added, or if they were combined before being added to your score. Whenever I play, I will often sit at around 100 rep and have it set to 98 at the end of each year.

exodia91

« Reply #191 on: January 27, 2010, 07:58:18 PM »
Just played your updated HHS a bit, and noticed something, when you buy the all sex classes unlocked bonus and activate it in game, then go to walk around classrooms whatever, you encounter students working in those classes, even with no teachers assigned to that class. Bit annoying as they block other events quite a bit.

Offline Graen

« Reply #192 on: January 27, 2010, 08:37:58 PM »
Just played your updated HHS a bit, and noticed something, when you buy the all sex classes unlocked bonus and activate it in game, then go to walk around classrooms whatever, you encounter students working in those classes, even with no teachers assigned to that class. Bit annoying as they block other events quite a bit.

That happens in the original game as well. :-X

Offline Alugere

« Reply #193 on: January 27, 2010, 09:20:31 PM »

That's because they are still being taught. Just not by one of the eight teachers. The way I see it: given how many kids you can get in different clubs, 8 teachers isn't enough for all of the classes. Therefore, there are also minor teachers that don't show up, but teach the other sections of the classes as well as the classes that you don't assign to your main teachers.

exodia91

« Reply #194 on: January 27, 2010, 10:15:55 PM »
That brings up another point I wanted to bring up, the teacher roster. I'd really like to see this aspect of the game expanded, right now you're stuck using the same 8 over and over, all with mostly set skills that only slowly improve, and with an (almost) unchangeable subject they're good at. I think the number 8 is good as is, but being able to select, hire, and fire those 8 would be very nice. You could give teachers a visible salary rate, so you couldn't afford to keep better ones till your school has a better rep and earns more. More point items to change/raise teachers skills or change their preferred subject would be nice as well. Seeing as you only need 1 profile type pic for teachers IIRC, finding resources to make teachers wouldn't be a problem, I think.