Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 417205 times)

Offline GmanPrime

Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #195 on: January 28, 2010, 07:29:10 PM »
A bit soon maybe, but I was still bored, so...

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wyy2motmm4n/HHS_1.0.0.3_exe.zip

This version isn't actually a bugfix though, it's a gameplay tweak to make later gameplay slightly easier as long as you have an impressive school. Here's what I did.
At the end of the year, it checks your school's Knowledge, Behaviour, Morality, and Joy. For each of these, if it's higher than 60, you have a chance for +1 to reputation. With a value of above 80, you have guaranteed +1 reputation, with the possibility for +2. 100 is a guaranteed +2.
To put it more technically, each point over 60 adds 5% chance for a +1, likewise for each point over 80. So, for example, 70 would give 50% chance of +1 reputation. 86 would give +1 guaranteed, with 30% chance for +2 instead.
So, if you somehow had 100 in all 4 of those stats (hah, right), that would be +8 reputation guaranteed. The most you're likely to manage is +4 to +6 late in the game.

Also, it will tell you exactly which of these stat-based reputation bonuses you get in the end of the year report. :)

I think it's a sensible addition.

This is great Dagoth, but how did you modify the game?  I'm looking to make a few changes myself, and I know some programming basics.  Do you have the source code?  Would you mind terribly uploading it?

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #196 on: January 28, 2010, 09:00:14 PM »
This is great Dagoth, but how did you modify the game?  I'm looking to make a few changes myself, and I know some programming basics.  Do you have the source code?  Would you mind terribly uploading it?

By all means. DocClox posted a link somewhere around here to the 1.0.0.0 source, which was located on another forum. It was written in C#, and the changes I made I did using Visual C# 2008 Express (free edition). Here, I just uploaded my updated 1.0.0.3 copy of the source:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/znrgdjgqtjz/HHS_1.0.0.3_Source.zip

Offline GmanPrime

« Reply #197 on: January 30, 2010, 01:27:49 AM »
By all means. DocClox posted a link somewhere around here to the 1.0.0.0 source, which was located on another forum. It was written in C#, and the changes I made I did using Visual C# 2008 Express (free edition). Here, I just uploaded my updated 1.0.0.3 copy of the source:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/znrgdjgqtjz/HHS_1.0.0.3_Source.zip

Thanks a ton, I was hoping to tweak a few things myself, and never noticed the source code posted.  Very cool man, very cool.   8)

Offline Dirtyxmind

« Reply #198 on: January 30, 2010, 06:56:07 PM »
Hello all!
This last 2 days i played a lot the Hentai High School game and i were able to get all 13 ENDs thanks to NuMysterio list :) ;)
But i am still missing some Gallery Events...
The Galley Events i need are: ie034, ie040, ie041, ie042, ie052, ie053, ie054, ie058, ie085, ie145, ie150, ie151, ie152, ie156, ie157, ie165, ie166, ie168, ie172 and ie183.
If someone can, please upload :)
Thank you for your kind attention! ;)
« Last Edit: January 30, 2010, 07:30:32 PM by Dirtyxmind »

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #199 on: January 31, 2010, 12:54:20 AM »
Recently, someone has taken it upon themselves to try and improve upon Hentai High School's idea.  It's only in beta right now, and it shows.  The authour is also not well versed in English, and that also shows.  Regardless, he's after feedback, and there's only so much you can get off a 'closed to non-members' forum.  After asking him for permission, I bring you the current work to date.

http://www.mediafire.com/?wez2htjtnz4

exodia91

« Reply #200 on: January 31, 2010, 02:57:08 AM »
10 seconds in and I get an error. All teachers throw up errors when clothes are selected on the very first page that's shown after I ran the .exe. Also, why does it bring us to the teacher page before the game even starts? Struck me as odd. Anyway, clothes work fine when I got into game proper. Also, he's spelled scientific wrong on the teacher page, he's added an extra f, Literature has also been spelled incorrectly. I also suggest He change Geo to Geography, and Sport to Sports. Begin, in the Begin Game button is misspelled as well, only 1 n should be used. He could use some major Editing Skills. I could go on and on about grammar and spelling errors, but it would take forever, If he's interested I'd be more then willing to edit text for him.

Edit: When I got to the weekend and picked my.. erm.. Course, I got a mostly blank screen, and when I moved my mouse wheel, it started subtracting money from my account... by 500 every tick. When I clicked my mouse I was back in the pick course screen.. and I had 90 in all the skills... and I was   - 28000 dollars in debt. And promptly lost the game.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2010, 04:52:47 AM by exodia91 »

Offline Samu

« Reply #201 on: January 31, 2010, 10:11:24 AM »
Where is his forum? I want to check on that work by myself.

Offline TheEcchiSessha

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2010, 12:01:37 AM »
Testing the HHS2, I like the idea behind the game. The interface is pretty fun.

However, there are many obvious bugs. Found mostly what exodia91 had already mentioned. The fact that the stats as well as the "Next day" button disappear when you select another tab is a bit annoying. Luckily turning on or off the "cook club" on the club screen fixes that... until you use another tab again.

The skills that you have are pretty clear in use. However, there isn't cap on them at the moment and they keep going over 100. Also the drug making skill for making "unihibite drug" and "a futanari drug", when selected they do nothing. No success or failure, just gives 4 more skill.

The spy cams are always visible. I would suggest maybe a separate tab or moving them to the lower part of the screen as they get in the way of many things. Also the spy cams for the Office, Ms. Keller's dungeon and the "toilette" are ALWAYS on top of everything... including the their own enlarged pictures. The cams also have an odd habit of semi-stacking on each other. Also noticed that the "pool" cam never changes but upon looking a bit, that is simply because there is only one pool picture in the gallery folder.  ;)

In the services screen, I turn on the "open a little snackbar" and it never stays on. It always goes back off when I hit "Next day".

That's all I could find at the moment. I'll keep digging into the game to see if I can find more bugs.  I like the the idea behind the game and the way it plays. I also glad to see that damnable color system gone from the first HHS.

For a first beta test, it's fairly solid. I haven't experienced a single crash yet.

~TheEcchiSessha

Offline ChaosKishin

« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2010, 12:16:02 AM »
It's kind of odd, I've been playing the game a bit (I've gone through three times now) and I haven't run into any of the bugs that Exodia and Ecchi Sessha are talking about. So, it's possible that it's not a problem with the game, who knows.
Anyway, I've been enjoying the game a lot. I don't really have anything to say except, "More, more, more!"
I like to think that I've seen everything, but probably I haven't. At this point, I can't really tell if there's anything that can be done with 'Lock picking' or 'drug making'. There doesn't seem to be a point to two of the clubs (the cooking club has a job that can be unlocked once your SEX is high enough (assumption).)

More:
Pictures
Teachers
Buildings
Events
Clubs

BUT: this is just a beta, so things will surely increase.

EDIT:
Now that I think about it, I did notice two small problems: The 'uninhibited' and 'futa' drugs didn't have any images or events associated with them, though that may have more to do with the state of the game then any bug.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 04:07:15 AM by ChaosKishin »

Offline letmein

« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2010, 12:44:26 AM »
Yeah, my couple rushed playthroughs were pretty bug-free.  I didn't have any of the gamekillers that exodia had, and other than minor grammatical issues I don't really have anything to complain about.  It's an obvious beta, but *my* build seemed to work perfectly, and was quite playable.
Still lurking.

Offline redle

« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2010, 07:11:38 PM »
My first playthrough ended at the end of the first week.  I choose to take a class, which put my cash below zero.  Apparently debt is not an option.

I will mention that there was a use for lockpicking (beyond one's own home).

The only semi-major bug I ran into was semi-mentioned, but different.  The tabs and below section of the screen went blank every time I choose to take a weekend class (it did return as soon as I continued to the next day however).  Obviously the English could use some help, but it was understandable, if not text-book.

Interface-wise, I felt like the club images should have been up in line with cameras, and selectable without going to the special tab.  Maybe the left side of the row would be for walking into an area and looking around, whereas the right side is look at the area through the spy cam.  Classrooms and such may even end up available on both sides (obviously there is a generally different reaction when someone knows you are there watching them).

Toward the end of my game I did hit a point similar to the old hhh, whereby my reputation just started plummeting by leaps and bounds.  I thought freakin' walls were supposed to fix that  ;) .

Other than that, while I did enjoy the game, I didn't find any real management or strategy necessary.  The teachers stats seemed to simply rise on their own, with the occasional ability to check for a new clothing option.  Basically, any time something became available, I selected it.  All my school stats continued to go up (except for my fun, which kept going down.  Although, come-on, once kids are going around having sex all day long, shouldn't that be fun enough?).  Well, everything went up until the bottom fell out, but I imagine I could have shut a few things off at that point and stabilized it.  Even still my final score was fairly high net-positive.  While the color choices of the old game were confusing, they were what gave the game some strategy, randomness, and general replay-ability.

To sum up, the game was fun, had some entertaining plot elements and overall decent storyline, appears headed in a good direction, but needs something to add some variability or strategy to the game.

(The limited money at the beginning could be the catalyst for this if there were enough options such that everything wasn't owned by mid-way through the game.  Events such as a diver hits their head during a swimmeet sets up a concusion.  One needs the pool to have a diver.  The diver gets rushed to the hospital, but oh, if one has the medics ward already purchased, then the diver goes there, and could be drugged/hypnotized/something.  If one purchases the pool and computer room instead, maybe a wet person enters the computer lab and shorts out a computer [term-paper]:  fight/fun reduction/plea to the principal for leniency/etc ensues.  Extra teachers cost money, and events happen only if certain classes are taught.  Granted, going the events/money route requires a lot more programming and thought than going with the choose a color scheme...)

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #206 on: February 02, 2010, 12:17:23 AM »
Here is the link for beta 0.61 http://www.megaupload.com/?d=N1NGEJRX

Things are improving, slowly.

You asked where the creator's posting?  The site is Futanari Palace.

exodia91

« Reply #207 on: February 02, 2010, 04:45:42 AM »
I have been struck by an idea.... what if, instead of a high school in HHS.... you ran a hospital? Hmmm... I don't really have the coding skills to do that at the moment though... guess I'll put on my list of things to make when I finally get bored enough of anime/games to slog through a couple dozen coding tutorials. Why must I have such awesome ideas, but never the skill to carry them out. T_T

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #208 on: February 02, 2010, 12:08:58 PM »
I know the feeling.  I've got a rough idea for a game featuring a hotel, but no skill.

Offline NuMysterio

« Reply #209 on: February 02, 2010, 01:06:27 PM »
Well, a quick playthrough, and I got a couple of odd errors:

The option to upgrade to "Sexy Uniforms" never appeared.  I thought maybe it was tied to blackmailing all the teachers, but it never showed up.  As a result, I couldn't get the "Naked" rule at all or move the teachers to their 5 options.

The doctor approached me about her drug very soon after I opened the Ward, and the same message appeared after completing the research path for her.  Aside from costing 1000 bucks, there seemed to be no use for the drug.

I think the timer is off for the girl bullying event as it says "6 days" but it didn't happen for quite a while afterwards.  Maybe that was the bare minimum.  Also, the bullying event appeared repeatedly after I had alread "recruited" her.