devolution

Author Topic: Other Games Thread  (Read 417098 times)

Offline z-master

Re: Other Games Thread
« Reply #375 on: April 05, 2010, 06:16:08 AM »
Sorry... apparently I'm fail-proof. I'll give you a quick rundown of how the successful install went, though.

(Note:  The box I'm using is running Win 7 OS in Japanese mode [for some reason there are a decent number of Japanese games for which the applocale method simply *will not work*. You might have to switch over to Japanese mode if you tried in applocale and it didn't work.])

First thing I did was to change the name of the unzipped directory because A) I want to be able to understand at some later date what the hell I actually *have* and B) Sometimes programs (either the install .exe or the virtual mounting program) have problems with extraneous symbols in filenames (e.g. % or &). Now my directory for the .iso is Games -> Apartment -> Interheart Apartment iso + mds.

Next I mount up the .iso using UltraISO. I like UltraISO because I don't have to crack anything for it to do everything I want. My trial version (who's trial period, incidentally, I think was up about two years ago. Still allows me to mount whatever I want, and if for some reason the image is some god awful format, I can usual convert it to a standard .iso.

[...]

Sorry about that. Anyway... once I ran as "administrator" I got the incomprehensible Japanese install menu. From my experience with incomprehensible Japanese install menus, I chose the option directly underneath the grayed out "I assume this means play the game" option, almost always the "install" option. Yay, my assumption was correct. Next screen is "where would you like this installed?" Default option? Yes, please! I chose what I have to assume says "next" in Japanese (sorry, I've forgotten where the button was located), and we're off. Everything installs and I'm returned to the original install screen, but now the first "I assume this means play the game" option is black. I test it out, and the game works.

Thanks.

I got a second copy of the second game (続・凌辱荘) by torrent and now the install works (the 5th part of the downloadable rar seems to be broken). And now Vista tells me, that the apart2.exe has a problem and isn't working :D

Offline z-master

« Reply #376 on: April 05, 2010, 06:44:31 AM »
I got a second copy of the second game (続・凌辱荘) by torrent and now the install works (the 5th part of the downloadable rar seems to be broken). And now Vista tells me, that the apart2.exe has a problem and isn't working :D

Ok, the official update from Interheart solved that problem.
But now it seems, that AGTH has problems to extract the text properly. Do I have to run my system in japanese-mode or must I use an AGTH-code?

Offline Graen

« Reply #377 on: April 05, 2010, 12:20:07 PM »
How do you remove the rats in the attic?
First or Second Game?  If it's the second, buy the following:
Electromagnetic Bug Zapper Z $10800
Roach Trap Get $980
Super Roach Trap Jet $2280

Ok, the official update from Interheart solved that problem.
But now it seems, that AGTH has problems to extract the text properly. Do I have to run my system in japanese-mode or must I use an AGTH-code?
I use the following code:
Code: [Select]
X:\AGTH\agth.exe /c /v /x /kf32:16 /fNewDialogue@0046285E:00FFFFFF;OldDialogue@46285E:80FF80;ShopItems@46285E:0F0F0F /w46285E:FFFFFF X:\APART2\APART2.EXEI still manage to get duplicate text on occasion though.  :-[

Offline TF

« Reply #378 on: April 05, 2010, 04:29:54 PM »
:: LATEST HHS2 ::

v.93.2:  http://www.mediafire.com/?meavgjt54mk

Updates and information on releases can be found here:  http://www.futanaripalace.com/showthread.php?t=27479
« Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 10:28:26 PM by TF »

Offline slate

• Donator
« Reply #379 on: April 05, 2010, 05:39:01 PM »
The same bugs with the detective events. After a while they cease to occur.
Occasionally debug exceptions on events.

There is a big - so far useless - list of students.

exodia91

« Reply #380 on: April 05, 2010, 05:39:18 PM »
... since he's updating almost daily, maybe we should stop posting every HHS2 update. If the OP is still around, since this thread is getting on in pages, maybe you should update the first post with links to the pages with games on them?

Offline slate

• Donator
« Reply #381 on: April 05, 2010, 05:44:58 PM »
I have no problem with daily updates. In the contrary.
Is there any forum, where the new releases are posted and problems can be reported?
Or this is it?

Offline willaberhaben

« Reply #382 on: April 05, 2010, 06:29:14 PM »
http://www.futanaripalace.com/showthread.php?t=27479

But you have to register to read the forum.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #383 on: April 06, 2010, 01:02:03 AM »
... since he's updating almost daily, maybe we should stop posting every HHS2 update. If the OP is still around, since this thread is getting on in pages, maybe you should update the first post with links to the pages with games on them?

I thought someone already did that... guess the OP bailed on us? Whoever is the second poster could do it I guess... or the third whatever it takes hahaha.
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Paladrone

« Reply #384 on: April 06, 2010, 03:23:09 AM »
Okay so between posts here and at hongfire and AGTH I think I've got most of the second apartment game figured out (though if anyone knows where I can find a comprehensive menu translation that'd be great).

The only two things I'm having trouble with are camera's and panties. Is there anypoint in clicking the camera links under the first tab if no Exclamation mark has popped up? And with the panties, I managed to steal two pair by clicking on a room and choosing the third option and by visiting the changeroom while someone was in the shower. But every other time I click that option I just get some generic text. Is their a trick to this?

Thanks.

Offline z-master

« Reply #385 on: April 06, 2010, 07:02:37 AM »
I use the following code:
X:\AGTH\agth.exe /c /v /x /kf32:16 /fNewDialogue@0046285E:00FFFFFF;OldDialogue@46285E:80FF80;ShopItems@46285E:0F0F0F /w46285E:FFFFFF X:\APART2\APART2.EXEI still manage to get duplicate text on occasion though.  :-[

I used
X:\AGTH\agth.exe /c /kf32 /L /v /x X:\APART2\APART2.EXE and got this:

I solved it right before I posted it. Running QuickAtlas with AppLocale solved my problem. :D

Offline TF

« Reply #386 on: April 06, 2010, 11:26:56 PM »
Unless someone on the front page wants to I'll keep an updated HHS2 post near the end of the line, since I don't have a post until... somewhere around pg 11 or so. I figure I'll post a new update post every 2/3 pages or so, so people don't have to search too far back.

Already started with an update to my last post.

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
« Reply #387 on: April 07, 2010, 12:35:19 AM »
Maybe we should just have a non-WM section of the forum, and move all the games to their own threads there.  This thread is massively disjointed as it is - contracting the HHS2 updates to fewer posts (or even just one post) isn't going to fix anything.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline SotF

« Reply #388 on: April 07, 2010, 08:21:44 PM »
:: LATEST HHS2 ::

v.90:  http://www.mediafire.com/?xerdj4kwxjm

The link still seems to go to .89

Offline Kenki

« Reply #389 on: April 07, 2010, 10:05:06 PM »
So, playing 凌辱荘 (Ryoujoku Sou, the 1st game), I finally figured out how to get rid of the rats in the attic. Yes, I know most of you are playing the sequel, but really the mechanics of the two games should be similar if not the same.
  • 『超電磁波Z』『保温君』『湯~ラクJet』 (All Slow cleanliness decay)
  • 『掃除機』『サイクロンX』『全自動洗濯機』『乾燥機付洗濯機』(All increase cleaning effectiveness)
  • There is actually a third option that appears during the day, when most tenants leave, that allows you to clean the apartment complex. There is a red bar at the top that shows how clean it is, let it drop to zero, and the rats move in.
Unfortunately, After making it through December, I have yet to figure out how to steal "panties". I can get the video to sell, but when I visit the changing room/Bath, no option appears. The game just tells me that someone is inside. Anyone figure out how to get that option yet?

Last question, does anyone know how to use the items you buy in the adult shop?