devolution

Author Topic: Reporting Errors:  (Read 352132 times)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Reporting Errors:
« Reply #540 on: October 30, 2014, 04:08:38 PM »
thats it the data_2k_tan.json was inside 2k_tan folder same for Xp_tan putting it in windows_girls fixed the problem as for the sample_xxxxxxxxxx i found out how to fix the error previously erasing or renaming both the file and related entry in tags.json file

tnx for the reply.

Great, you should be able to convert more packs now (Hinata from Naruto will start with a full inventory of items like MC for example).

There is a ton of new stuff there even besides new graphics since you were last around. Thewlis will also push a new update to code of ST (Slave Training), Girlsmeets/Interactions and some other stuff as well after he gets a chance to straiten it out. We now also have a quest manager!

SlaveTraining is coming along nicely, I have some new (or adaptations of old) ideas for that but no time at the moment to put that in writing... If you have time, there is loads you can do for the ST module :)
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #541 on: November 06, 2014, 03:03:57 PM »
Code: [Select]
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlslist.rpy", line 6, in script
    with dissolve
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlslist.rpy", line 51, in execute
    screen pyt_girlslist:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlslist.rpy", line 144, in execute
    frame:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlslist.rpy", line 144, in keywords
    frame:
NameError: name 'img' is not defined

When you try to open girllist screen without having any girl (New game or firing all of them in dev mode)

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 10, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlprofile.rpy", line 81, in <module>
    index = (index + 1) % len(girls)
NameError: name 'index' is not defined

When Firing a girl  (it's ignorable)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #542 on: November 06, 2014, 03:45:50 PM »
Both are my faults, I am going to push the fix along with some changes to styles.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #543 on: November 06, 2014, 04:30:00 PM »
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 12, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 215, in <module>
    pytfall.next_day()
  File "game/library/classes - support.rpy", line 125, in next_day
    girl.next_day()
  File "game/library/classes - characters.rpy", line 3097, in next_day
    if girl in pytfall.ra:
NameError: global name 'girl' is not defined

In next day when I leave girl without assigning her to building (Location: Own Dwelling)

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #544 on: November 06, 2014, 05:01:48 PM »
My guess is that it should be self instead of girl. Possibly fixed as well.

Seems that I failed to push the code before...
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #545 on: November 06, 2014, 05:29:12 PM »
That was fast  8)
Sorry but I have more  :D (aside from some minor cosmetic and consistency stuff, I try to fix those myself first)

While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlequipment.rpy", line 17, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - girlequipment.rpy", line 71, in <module>
    if any([(focusitem.slot == "misc" and item.mdestruct), chr.given_items.get(focusitem.id, 0) - 1 < 0]):
AttributeError: 'Item' object has no attribute 'mdestruct'

When trying to stole (transfer to hero) misc item from free girl.  Non-misc items work fine (=she refuse)

--------------------
Also it seems that my girl is happily attending combat course that was supposed to end a long time ago - that course is removed from the list at school when its duration is over, but they forget to kick my girl out at end of it
« Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 05:48:06 PM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #546 on: November 06, 2014, 05:49:22 PM »
I could replicate the misc thing, all misc items should have mdestruct attribute and game shouldn't check for it if slot isn't misc... not sure what's going on here.

I am going to get some sleep, courses thing will have to wait.

*Window frame I deleted by accident is restored.
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #547 on: November 06, 2014, 06:01:41 PM »
I am going to get some sleep, courses thing will have to wait.
NP, In meantime, I figured one more issue with the school - using the separate drop out controls in girllist screen, you can select "none" as girl action on girls attending course and that leaves the girl location still on "PyTFall educators", effectively saving upkeep on your slaves when they rest.

-----------------------EDIT:
Another stuff: According to whore job texts, my Shack have reception and luxury rooms  :D
Also even totally new girls are getting the: great="Your girl performed wonderfully with her breathtaking beauty and matching carnal skill. \n" decription
While running game code:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 231, in script
    python:
  File "game/library/screens/pyt - screens - nextday.rpy", line 233, in <module>
    result = ui.interact()Exception: Color string must be 3, 4, 6, or 8 hex digits long.
And I suddenly got this when browsing through next day girls reports.

-----------------------
While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 163, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 163, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 261, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'code'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.code failed

After a while playing and saving ok, I got this when trying to save a game - and save file get corrupted somehow, cause it happen every time I load that last save and try to save the game again (loading and continuing from earlier save is fine).

I managed to get this error on another computer too, but I still don't understand and I'm not able to replicate this thing yet.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 11:23:28 AM by CherryWood »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #548 on: November 07, 2014, 12:05:47 PM »
I could

That should have said I could not. No idea what's going on here.

The color error can come from anywhere, I need at least some idea of where it's happening (something that isn't a valid color value was used somewhere).

Saving error might be a Ren'Py bug, no way of knowing for sure.

Jobs/Courses error I am going to leave to Thewlis to fix. Do post if you find more :) I am going to see if I can write my thoughts on stats tonight.
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #549 on: November 07, 2014, 12:31:04 PM »
NP, In meantime, I figured one more issue with the school - using the separate drop out controls in girllist screen, you can select "none" as girl action on girls attending course and that leaves the girl location still on "PyTFall educators", effectively saving upkeep on your slaves when they rest.
Thats easy enough to fix. I'll just prevent access to actions while their at a school, and ensure that training is cancelled if their moved / reassigned.

Another stuff: According to whore job texts, my Shack have reception and luxury rooms  :D
Also even totally new girls are getting the: great="Your girl performed wonderfully with her breathtaking beauty and matching carnal skill. \n" decription
I'll have cocked up some if statements somewhere. I'll look into it.

While running game code:
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 163, in script
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00gamemenu.rpy", line 163, in <module>
    $ ui.interact()
  File "renpy/common/00action_file.rpy", line 261, in __call__
    renpy.save(fn, extra_info=save_name)
PicklingError: Can't pickle <type 'code'>: attribute lookup __builtin__.code failed
After a while playing and saving ok, I got this when trying to save a game - and save file get corrupted somehow, cause it happen every time I load that last save and try to save the game again (loading and continuing from earlier save is fine).
:'(

Renpy saves things using python (or cython) pickling. Basically it converts anything it can into binary data (strings, numbers, instances, etc). However some things can't be picked, like functions. Most can be saved as a reference so as long as the function still exists when it loads everything is fine. What that error is saying is somewhere a function/class/some other builtin object has been assigned to a variable that renpy is trying to save, which is failing cause it can't be pickled or referenced.

You're going to have to try and recreate it. Basically redo everything you did before you got the error and save after every step. As soon as you get the error we'll have an idea of what's caused it.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #550 on: November 07, 2014, 12:38:21 PM »
Renpy saves things using python (or cython) pickling. Basically it converts anything it can into binary data (strings, numbers, instances, etc). However some things can't be picked, like functions. Most can be saved as a reference so as long as the function still exists when it loads everything is fine. What that error is saying is somewhere a function/class/some other builtin object has been assigned to a variable that renpy is trying to save, which is failing cause it can't be pickled or referenced.

Been a while since we had something that couldn't be pickled in the game :) First time it happened was very early in the development where Matt used lambda inside of a screen.

Where did it happen btw? That can sometimes help narrow things down?
Like what we're doing?

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #551 on: November 07, 2014, 12:44:08 PM »
You're going to have to try and recreate it. Basically redo everything you did before you got the error and save after every step. As soon as you get the error we'll have an idea of what's caused it.
Ok, I'll save often and do that if I manage to get this error again.

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #552 on: November 07, 2014, 12:55:33 PM »
Ok, I'll save often and do that if I manage to get this error again.

Where did it happen btw? That can sometimes help narrow things down?

Do you remember where it happened?
Like what we're doing?

Offline Thewlis

• Its hentai, quiaff?
« Reply #553 on: November 07, 2014, 02:41:06 PM »

Fixed these, and the tavern brawl flags.

Offline CherryWood

« Reply #554 on: November 07, 2014, 03:23:20 PM »
Do you remember where it happened?
I've found it. Put up a sign on a brothel and that's all it takes.

Start a new game, buy a shack, put up a sign, save game - load that save - and try to save again = error screen on first day.

You don't even need have any girl in employment, I run into that bug many times suspecting my poor girls to mess thing up on their jobs, trying a lot of stuff with them, but only that one piece of advertisement is to blame. There not even a need to move to next day. (having girls to live in a brother without opening it is fine)
« Last Edit: November 07, 2014, 03:59:33 PM by CherryWood »