Author Topic: Whore Master Editor 0.7.1  (Read 206371 times)

Offline Lorde

• Accepting requests for girl expansion packs.
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.68
« Reply #75 on: July 03, 2010, 10:45:40 AM »
Yeah, yeah. Probably use a syntax like this:

Code: [Select]
<traits>
 <trait name="foo">
  <handler name="on gain">
    -- lua code to do stuff
  </handler>
  <handler name="on loss">
      -- lua code to undo stuff
    </handler>
 </trait>
</traits>

It'll allow for user defined traits, and we can add other trait based events as things progress.  I think I'll probably not have traits affecting stats by default.

I Like this, A lot. Recalling my new trigger request, this would fill that out nicely.
Current Girl Work Schedule            
* Revy  (Black Lagoon)
* Stab at The series He is my Master
* Run Elsie Jewelria and Yuuki Rito (To Love Ru)
* Yukari Takeba (Persona 3)
* Work on the Code Geass girls

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #76 on: July 03, 2010, 04:51:11 PM »
Well, the editor remained as is for some time now because I don't have free time to work on it anymore. I made it while I was unemployed so I had plenty of time to spend on it. I had no previous programming experience so I learned as I went along. Starting idea was just to have something that will help me create girl files, but since other people liked it I gradually added functionality to edit all resource files from the game. I filled info with what I knew to date and it mostly remained that way since.
Currently I simply don't have time to sift through forum to try to fill these blanks. Last few updates were just bare minimum for editor to be able to support new WM features as I don't have time for more.

But that's why I also post links to source of the editor, which I tried to comment as much as I could. If need be someone else can update it and make it support new stuff, or make tweaks like this. Although better option would be to simply make new editor as this one is pretty much hack job. At time I was thinking of rewriting from scratch myself, but since I got a job that it doesn't leave me much time, even at weekends or hollydays, that idea got scraped.

It will probably stay as is, I might only update if some major bug appears or some new functionality needs to be added, but as far old stuff goes it will stay as is.

Traits and their descriptions have been discussed few times. Editor doesn't store any trait descriptions, descriptions get read from their file the same as traits themselves because this way if some new traits get added editor would be able to use them too, no update would be necessary which wouldn't be the case if they were hardcoded in the editor. You can open traits file in editor, edit trait descriptions and they will be reflected in the editor.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 04:51:38 AM by Solo761 »

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #77 on: July 03, 2010, 05:14:18 PM »
I hadn't realised you were working. The same thing happened to me, so I do sympathise. The paying gig has to come first, obviously.

Offline Mehzerz

• Rockin' the after life after party
« Reply #78 on: July 03, 2010, 06:00:33 PM »
Traits and their descriptions have been discussed few times. Editor doesn't store any trait descriptions, descriptions get read from their file the same as traits themselves because this way if some new traits get added editor would be able to use them too, no update would be necessary which wouldn't be the case if they were hardcoded in the editor. You can open traits file in editor, edit trait descriptions and they will be reflected in the editor.

Good luck with the job! I hadn't realized the traits came straight from the source, so maybe instead of descriptions for the traits we just need the effects they give. (Similar to how items are handled) I mean do you really need a description for huge boobs or lesbian?
Starter girls image additions progress:
26 girls, 18 to go

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #79 on: July 05, 2010, 05:16:10 AM »
Thanks, luck is really what I will need to stay sane at this job. To make irony bigger it is software testing job for the goverment, and "older" testers there are not that computer savvy as I would expect testers to be. Like in thinking it's a bug if they send value 9999999999 to 10 character integer field and it turnes out to be negative value... Well, gee, what did you expect, it said it's integer field, that means maximum value is 2^32 - 1...

Traits come from the CoreTraits.traits file. It's simple txt file, first row is trait name, second is description. I think you can edit/rewrite descriptions as you want, just trait names should stay the same.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2010, 05:20:17 AM by Solo761 »

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
« Reply #80 on: July 22, 2010, 04:19:34 AM »
Sounds like loads of fun. :D

I suppose I'll go ahead and make minor updates to your WMEdit as needed when new config values are added and such. Any objections to me adding the source to SVN?

Offline DocClox

• Dev Team
  • Messing Around With Python
« Reply #81 on: July 22, 2010, 04:45:31 AM »
mmm ... that reminds me ... the XML trait conversion belongs on my shortened TODO list since I want to have lua hooks for the gaining and loss of traits. Probably be too much work to do much more than that, but I'd still like extendable traits

Offline Solo761

• Administrator
« Reply #82 on: July 24, 2010, 01:36:13 PM »
Of course no, that's why I upload the sources for every version. Anyone can use it as he wishes.

But I doubt it'll make much sense code wise, I just used the first thing I managed to make work. It would probably be less work to make completely new editor than for someone else to figure out how to "fix" this one :).

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.7.0
« Reply #83 on: July 26, 2010, 02:50:45 AM »
Here is WMEdit 0.7.0, which fixes a bug in 0.69 that cause a crash when trying to save a unique girls file ("*.girlsx"):
http://www.mediafire.com/?x44fjpbjox3avmu

Offline SadPerson

Re: Whore Master Editor 0.7.0
« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »
After downloading a few (gigabyte) of Girladdons I noticed that perhaps there should be two helper functions in the editor:
1. Show if a girl does not have an associated folder.
2. Show if a folder does not have an girl associated with it.

Offline zmikez

« Reply #85 on: August 26, 2010, 03:54:01 AM »
Thanks, luck is really what I will need to stay sane at this job. To make irony bigger it is software testing job for the goverment, and "older" testers there are not that computer savvy as I would expect testers to be. Like in thinking it's a bug if they send value 9999999999 to 10 character integer field and it turnes out to be negative value... Well, gee, what did you expect, it said it's integer field, that means maximum value is 2^32 - 1...

Traits come from the CoreTraits.traits file. It's simple txt file, first row is trait name, second is description. I think you can edit/rewrite descriptions as you want, just trait names should stay the same.

lol where did you sign up for that job at?

apparently experience or knowledge isn't really necessary so I'm guessing people who know the difference between byte, short, int, long, char, float, double, would be highly appreciated lol.

hehe (2^31 - 1), the first of the 32 bits starts at 1 so you have to take off a power from the 2 in order to make it stop at 2.1e9.

Meh, 4am, I g2g, lots of work to do  :'(

Offline Dagoth

• Administrator
Re: Whore Master Editor 0.7.1
« Reply #86 on: December 20, 2010, 12:43:14 PM »
Version 0.7.1 is now available to go along with changes in the WM 1.30.4 r593 release:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/ru6o6ivy055adw5/wmedit_0.7.1.zip

Note that you don't actually even need to download that separately if you download the latest version, as usual it is included:
http://pinkpetal.org/index.php?topic=417.msg11504#msg11504

Offline Razor75

« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2011, 05:46:46 PM »
I have the latest version but it wont seem to make item files for me.  It renames the current one to .bak but never produces a new one.  I am using the 635 version of the game with anon21's fixes.

Offline Anon21

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2011, 08:31:38 PM »
I have the latest version but it wont seem to make item files for me.  It renames the current one to .bak but never produces a new one.  I am using the 635 version of the game with anon21's fixes.

Yeah, that would be my fault. :-P I suggest you try changing the spelling of Incorporeal (correct) into Incorporial (incorrect) if the items.itemx file.  Personally I prefer to just edit the file in notepad.

Offline Razor75

« Reply #89 on: August 28, 2011, 08:11:21 AM »
Now that I know WHY it isn't working it isn't that big a deal.  I have some phantom items showing up and I was going to try to use the program to figure out where the problem was.  All good.