devolution

Author Topic: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now  (Read 1030123 times)

Offline Sharkster

Re: Combining the big mods aka crazy's mod .06 is out now
« Reply #1440 on: November 19, 2015, 04:46:36 AM »
a little issue i had was that when i loaded an old save the jobs were not the same as when i saved it. a bar waitress was a bar cook now but the other waitress not^^and many other changed there job, too.
Its just a little issue but i wanted to tell you so it is noticed.

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1441 on: November 19, 2015, 07:03:17 AM »
Yeah, it's weird. And it doesn't seem to be girl-related either. I tried both Freed slave girls and basic non-slave girls as the matron/manager/director/whathaveyou and i still have the issues. I might just try to completely reinstall the game, and copy over my girls and the "defaultimages" folder, which i also included right before recompiling my girls.

EDIT: Okay, reinstalled it, and everything now works. How weird. I left the config file at default, except for increasing starting money (for testing) and turning on fullscreen mode. Maybe it had something to do with messing with the config? I dunno.

RE-EDIT: Did a test with edited config. It now works. Everything is a-okay. Except that sometimes the images from the "defaultimages" folder didn't seem to come in. At least i had a girl whoring (Kallen Stadtfelt) and when she got some handjob acts, it did not pick images from the defaultimages folder, just her own basic profile images. Which is strange, because i had another girl stripping, and she did get the "ecchi" images from the defaultimages folder. Does "defaultimages" not work with whoring?

I also found out that the game now accepts GIF animations. This changes everything.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 07:55:09 AM by blackholeeyes »

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1442 on: November 19, 2015, 08:38:39 AM »
Yeah, it's weird. And it doesn't seem to be girl-related either. I tried both Freed slave girls and basic non-slave girls as the matron/manager/director/whathaveyou and i still have the issues. I might just try to completely reinstall the game, and copy over my girls and the "defaultimages" folder, which i also included right before recompiling my girls.

EDIT: Okay, reinstalled it, and everything now works. How weird. I left the config file at default, except for increasing starting money (for testing) and turning on fullscreen mode. Maybe it had something to do with messing with the config? I dunno.

RE-EDIT: Did a test with edited config. It now works. Everything is a-okay. Except that sometimes the images from the "defaultimages" folder didn't seem to come in. At least i had a girl whoring (Kallen Stadtfelt) and when she got some handjob acts, it did not pick images from the defaultimages folder, just her own basic profile images. Which is strange, because i had another girl stripping, and she did get the "ecchi" images from the defaultimages folder. Does "defaultimages" not work with whoring?

I also found out that the game now accepts GIF animations. This changes everything.

Glad to hear you got it working mate! I still wish I knew what happened, but I suppose we can only guess.

I think you're misunderstanding the default image folder. I could be wrong, but I believe this is how it works:

Assuming you have a girl pack of specific images, the game will only choose images from said pack. That means if there are none of a certain kind of image, it reverts to what the code considers the next closest thing. So for example, let's say a girl is giving you a tit job or a handjob, but you don't have an images properly set up for that. The game does a check on other images, and picks the next closest. In that case, I think it was blowjob, but it may well revert to profile in some situations.

If, on the otherhand, you have no installed girlpacks, girls are built at random with random names and stats for the game. (Or if you have few rgirlx files) The images all run from the default folder in that particular case.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong there, but I'm pretty sure that's how it's coded. I believe that Joey wanted to add code to allow the use of generic images in the default folder instead of the progressive image system, dunno if he ever worked on it.

And yes, Gifs are awesome, and addictive, and will be the end of me. I'm working on some Melissa Mendiny images for a pack, and I downloaded some hundred-meg gifs for it. X_X I'll let Capt decide if he wants to keep those in it when I send it to him, but they're mandatory for me, because she's my favorite star of all time.

a little issue i had was that when i loaded an old save the jobs were not the same as when i saved it. a bar waitress was a bar cook now but the other waitress not^^and many other changed there job, too.
Its just a little issue but i wanted to tell you so it is noticed.

I'm pretty sure that is because of it being an older save and there being additional jobs. When we were bug testing, I realized that even the order things are put in the code makes a big difference, and it's likely certain girls are save not specifically in jobs, but in "slots". When the jobs were added, it increased the slots and moved the jobs around a bit. Sorry for the inconvenience, mate. Pretty sure it shouldn't happen again until we start adding more jobs again. (Spoiler alert: Ponygirls and chariot racing with pony girls, and running a ponygirl rental service may be coming Soon. (TM Blizzard)

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1443 on: November 19, 2015, 11:31:29 AM »
Kinda strange then. I thought the default images folder was meant to fill in images we were missing. THat's how it's worked for me at least.
Here's the situation:
I had a whore, she got handjob when working, just showed her profile pics, since she didn't have any handjob pics.
I had a girl stripping, she got the "ecchi" pics from the defaultimages folder, since she didn't have any ecchi/strip images. (She MIGHT have been an XXX entertainer)
Earlier, i had one of my custom girl (a futa) work as the fluffer in the studio. She had no oral images, so i got oral images from the defaultimage folder.
I had another girl (Akiyama Mio, from some girlpack, very old) work filming random scenes in the studio, for any of the default sex stuff she got her own images or the next ones in the chain, if missing, but once she got a footjob scene, and then it picked from the defaultimage folder.

Seems like there is architecture for inserting defaultimages when a girl is missing images. At least for some jobs.

EDIT: Yeah, there's definitely something here. I got the studio and used a girl that had few images, NONE in foot/hand/tits/oral categories, and when she filmed scenes in those catgories, i got images from defaultimages. Bear in mind i'm talking about the "Defaultimages" folder that Crazy Released, not the "Default" folder that came in the girl folder in the old versions.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:46:24 AM by blackholeeyes »

Offline GonDra

« Reply #1444 on: November 19, 2015, 01:32:46 PM »
Pretty sure there is an option in the config that changes the Default image behavior, can't check though since the external on which my WM stuff lies is doing strange stuff.

Offline blackholeeyes

« Reply #1445 on: November 19, 2015, 01:54:45 PM »
No, i just looked through WMEdit, and there is no option to use Default images to fill out missing images.

There IS an option, on the girl creation screen, to [fill out missing sex skills on load] but as i interpret it, that just makes it so that if a girl has 0 in a sex skill, the game will give it a random value when loading up. Since characters not specifically created for this version would not have any oral/tits/foot/hand skills.

Offline zafer

« Reply #1446 on: November 20, 2015, 01:51:57 AM »
PreferDefault    = 'true' or 'false'
            If set to true, the game will try to use default images
                before trying to find alternate images from the image tree.
    -->
    <Folders
        Characters="..\Characters"
        Saves="..\Saves"
        DefaultImages="..\DefaultImages"
        Items="..\Items"
        BackupSaves="false"
        PreferDefault="false" />

It is in the config.xml

Silent Guy

« Reply #1447 on: November 20, 2015, 09:09:04 AM »
The puppy job (I know, it took a while to get to what you asked, sorry) is the toughest one, and probably the one that is least complete and most buggy.
Don't worry, I, too, have a habit of leaving the tastiest bits for later.

My girl progressed a bit further in the puppygirl job, and it triggered a new scene. I think I'll leave her at this job for a little longer, so maybe I'll be able to access more scenes with her once you finish them.

Like you said, there are a number of things that it might be able to increase/decrease. That can be added in pretty easily now, I think, since the rest of the job is mostly built. The hard part will be finding time, and trying to decide what it's going to affect, and if that will be an overall effect or one that is scene specific. For example, I don't know if we want to have it affect disposition or not, because one of the triggers we're using in this job is disposition. At the very least for the refusal scenes (so far), we've got multiple outcomes based on disposition. We might not want to go the route of, "Hey, you're evil! Because you're evil, you get this scene, which makes you MORE evil!" Or we might. No idea. I appreciate the heads up on formatting man, and if you have any ideas, drop me a line.
I would say, increase the PCHate and/or PCFear if the player's disposition is leaning toward "evil". And maybe add a few "happy" scenes for a player with a "good" disposition, to indicate that she's doing this willingly? Can't help you much here.

Personal Bedwarmer was redone to have more random lines and outcomes, as well as trait based texts, by bsin. Same with girls getting milked. Really excited to see that he was able to keep it to one event, each girl mentioned by name, and then have each girl in her own message have her own bit added to the event. Building from that, we might be able to do multi-girl events, or events where an actual event is happening, and the event stays constant, but then multiple girls have updates on their part in the event. Really stellar work.
Personal Bedwarmer worked excellently with the slaves, and the scenes were rather nice. However, for the free girls, it doesn't trigger at all. Even if I have some slaves and some free girls working as a Bedwarmer on the same shift, the scenes only count the slaves.

Now, then, a little report on Milking jobs. I've tested girls with traits Canine, Catgirl, Goddess, Fallen Goddess, Angel, Succubus, Demon, Cow Girl and Elf. There were baseline humans for comparison, as well. I have also tested the traits Abundant Lactation and Cow Tits. The latter trait seems to replace the former when I load the game, or maybe I missed something.

When set to Milker job, they all produce normal Milk items, in proportion to their Animal Handling skill.

When set to Get Milked, base humans with maximum breasts and lactation traits produce 250-300 gold per shift. This is ten times the housing cost of a slave at "comfortable", and +50~+100 gold more than a free girl at "high class" accommodations. I liked the new texts, too. It still kind of puzzles me why no Breast Milk items get generated, but maybe it's for balance? Anyway, would be nice if, at least, the girls with Abnormally Large and Titanic Tits produced one such item per shift.

The girls with Catgirl, Angel and Succubus trait don't produce any items, even though the game does have corresponding Milk in the shop. Neither do girls with Cow Girl produce normal milk items. Again, I'm of the opinion that it would have been nice if such items did get generated, even if at the maximum breast size.

The girls with Catgirl, Fallen Goddess, Demon and Goddess traits have new texts, and produce much more gold. However, the catgirl trait, produced by the Mimi Headband item, triggers the text every time; the other three traits sometimes don't activate, and the girl behaves like a normal one.

All the other traits mentioned above act as a normal human. I have not tested Equine, Dryad or Reptilian, but strongly suspect that they won't make a difference, either.

What I would like to see are the milk items coming from the girls being milked. Maybe just one or two per turn, because, for example, Angelic milk is very expensive, and may upset the game balance... Not that there's much of it. Still, what if, instead of increased gold production, the girls generated a proportionately expensive item? I would also like to see the game react to the other racial traits, starting with Elf and Dryad. Even if there won't be an item or a price increase, this kind of a flavoring would be nice.

Oh, and while testing, I've noticed that when the gang that's currently guarding gets reduced in numbers, the game does not indicate this.

Extra:

If PCLove is larger than PCHate, PCFear AND high enough (75?):
    "After getting milked, {girlname} played some more with her marshmallow orbs, thinking about you, and poured an extra {item}, just for you."

Otherwise, for a good or neutral master:
    "{girlname}'s massive mammaries had more milk than the machines could manage. Just enough to produce an additional {item}."

And for an evil owner:
    "Even after the buckets were filled, {girlname} still wasn't drained. So the milker squeezed her tits hard, and out came another {item}"

In all instances, {item} can be easily replaced with "cup of milk", or something, for less variables.

Over the weekend, I might (or might not) jot down item descriptions and/or job texts for the traits that interest me the most.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1448 on: November 20, 2015, 10:26:35 AM »
Don't worry, I, too, have a habit of leaving the tastiest bits for later.

My girl progressed a bit further in the puppygirl job, and it triggered a new scene. I think I'll leave her at this job for a little longer, so maybe I'll be able to access more scenes with her once you finish them.
I would say, increase the PCHate and/or PCFear if the player's disposition is leaning toward "evil". And maybe add a few "happy" scenes for a player with a "good" disposition, to indicate that she's doing this willingly? Can't help you much here.
Personal Bedwarmer worked excellently with the slaves, and the scenes were rather nice. However, for the free girls, it doesn't trigger at all. Even if I have some slaves and some free girls working as a Bedwarmer on the same shift, the scenes only count the slaves.

Now, then, a little report on Milking jobs. I've tested girls with traits Canine, Catgirl, Goddess, Fallen Goddess, Angel, Succubus, Demon, Cow Girl and Elf. There were baseline humans for comparison, as well. I have also tested the traits Abundant Lactation and Cow Tits. The latter trait seems to replace the former when I load the game, or maybe I missed something.

When set to Milker job, they all produce normal Milk items, in proportion to their Animal Handling skill.

When set to Get Milked, base humans with maximum breasts and lactation traits produce 250-300 gold per shift. This is ten times the housing cost of a slave at "comfortable", and +50~+100 gold more than a free girl at "high class" accommodations. I liked the new texts, too. It still kind of puzzles me why no Breast Milk items get generated, but maybe it's for balance? Anyway, would be nice if, at least, the girls with Abnormally Large and Titanic Tits produced one such item per shift.

The girls with Catgirl, Angel and Succubus trait don't produce any items, even though the game does have corresponding Milk in the shop. Neither do girls with Cow Girl produce normal milk items. Again, I'm of the opinion that it would have been nice if such items did get generated, even if at the maximum breast size.

The girls with Catgirl, Fallen Goddess, Demon and Goddess traits have new texts, and produce much more gold. However, the catgirl trait, produced by the Mimi Headband item, triggers the text every time; the other three traits sometimes don't activate, and the girl behaves like a normal one.

All the other traits mentioned above act as a normal human. I have not tested Equine, Dryad or Reptilian, but strongly suspect that they won't make a difference, either.

What I would like to see are the milk items coming from the girls being milked. Maybe just one or two per turn, because, for example, Angelic milk is very expensive, and may upset the game balance... Not that there's much of it. Still, what if, instead of increased gold production, the girls generated a proportionately expensive item? I would also like to see the game react to the other racial traits, starting with Elf and Dryad. Even if there won't be an item or a price increase, this kind of a flavoring would be nice.

Oh, and while testing, I've noticed that when the gang that's currently guarding gets reduced in numbers, the game does not indicate this.

Extra:

Over the weekend, I might (or might not) jot down item descriptions and/or job texts for the traits that interest me the most.

The puppygirl job might get fixed this coming week. Crazy has an idea he wants to to try out that may fix the job without my fix that made the names disappear for the other girls in the scene. I just need to find the time to actually try it. I could have yesterday, but my head is killing me. I had several heavy boxes fall on my head the night before, and since my head is killing me I've been mostly resting and messing with other things. (Like trying to cut down the images in the pack I made of my favorite girl, cause 3.5 gigs is a bit much) Either way, if it works, you can expect at the very least an update where all the scenes fire instead of just a fair number of them, and I might increase the early training gains slightly. Right now I think it's taking 15 turns or something like that to get the girl to the middle bracket of training scenes, and I can see how that can get old until I have enough scenes written that you're likely to get different scenes each time.

With the milking jobs, I'd love to see it where a milker is clearly only milking other girls, and I've long thought that they should be generating breast milk, not milk. That's a limitation in the current code, not sure how it could be changed really. I've also got an idea on the back burner that is mostly for writing. I'd like to see the milkers not only just responsible for milking girls, but also responsible for making other milk-items from your brand of milk, like ice cream, yogurt, butter, etc. It's somewhere on the to do list in my head. I also want to write some commercial scenes. I've got it in my head that like other ideas I've got and some already implemented (like the studio), we could keep it in the vein of having an actual brand name that the player owns.

There are some small special scenes for girls getting milked, true, but it's working as currently intended that no special items are generated. Because it fires off of a roll on traits, it doesn't always happen (which I think is a shame) but I like that it adds a different aspect to the game, even if the only actual income/item-based outcome is an income modifier and flavor text, at least. It's also a great generational job, because milk generated depends on a number of factors. Girls born to you tend to have higher lactation(in my experience), so there is that, and then lactation traits are taken into account, and breast size as well. It's a pretty decent system, though we could probably improve on it or fine-tune it in the long run. I'm still more interested currently in getting it to generate breast milk and special breast milk items and more text, but I don't think anyone is working on it right now. I've got some evil dispo text written for cow slaves from my own project that we might use too, possibly.

(Just a heads up, there are more girl traits that will affect milking for you to find, both positive and negative. I don't want to spoil it all for you though. >=D )

Silent Guy

« Reply #1449 on: November 22, 2015, 04:06:06 PM »
Ah, well. I don't think I'm any good at coding, and definitely not for evil disposition stuff.

As for other traits that influence lactation - since I'm not sure if I have any girlpacks with those, you can go ahead and spoil me. I mean, those girls with the "Goddess" trait that I've tested? I got them by specifically creating an .rgirlsx file with only the traits I've guessed would matter and removing all other files. If you're still reluctant to reveal everything, just point me in the right direction.

Offline bsin

« Reply #1450 on: November 24, 2015, 08:09:54 PM »
wrote nice reply and had crash... >:(
brusquer reply follows because lazy
as intended. in original version ALL girls had choice and could refuse job based on chance/disposition. in first rewrite adjusted so that free girls are same, but slaves more 'obliged' to say yes. all girls could take part in group - free girls based on libido, traits and chance - slaves more compelled. looked amazing and output looked great, but it totally didn't work
basically game processes events by processing entire event for one girl, then next, then next. if you try to make multi-girl activities, you need to know in advance who says 'yes'. choice to refuse = weird inconsistent output (basically $GirlA's output says "$GirlA had a massive orgy all night long with you, yo mamma, $GirlB and $GirlC and your pet monkey, Chuckles" - which looks awesome until you go check the other girls' output and find that $GirlC's output reports "$GirlC refused to have any part in this and told you to go play with yourself.")

workaround was to eliminate free will. no choice. Free Girls always stay out of group, and choose whether or not to do one-on-one. Slaves have no choice but to take part in group (literally they must always take part) and then do something with ya. working on mending this a little, but there's currently no way to do free-will and group without rewriting the way the game processes jobs (and maybe girls too)

The girls with Catgirl, Angel and Succubus trait don't produce any items, even though the game does have corresponding Milk in the shop.
this job never produced items, only cash. so kept it like that. probably add this quite easily though. would prob aim to balance probabilities of occurrence against value...

intended. cat-girl milk has higher value in shop so can be sold for higher value as CG milk. for the other traits this is still just breastmilk - customers may or may not care who it came from - so for some traits and for very famous girls, attached a value multiplier (and output text) but a 30-60% chance of firing (to reflect likelihood customers will be excited).
didnt know the new trait 'angel' existed, also didnt know 'angel milk' and 'succubus milk' were available - will adjust values accordingly. may need to do some balancing tho as value of these is extreme in shop

workable ideas - see what i can do

Offline crazy

« Reply #1451 on: November 26, 2015, 10:40:03 PM »
Computer is fixed now.  Be a few days before i can get any real work done coding.  But hope soon I can get to fixing the puppygirl job.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #1452 on: December 01, 2015, 10:15:30 AM »
I made a small change to the way customers are calculated.

I know I should've asked before if it's okay, but I have a bit of free time right now and I found that it was very easy to do, so it's not a big deal if it isn't implemented.

Quick summary:
Before: Customers = Number of girls, brothel fame, advertising, penalties.
Now: Customers = Number of girls (halved), variety of services, brothel fame, advertising, penalties.

Offline Hanzo

« Reply #1453 on: December 02, 2015, 09:01:17 PM »
I've modified the payment system of several jobs to factor in the number of customers.

I know aevejoey was working on the barmaid jobs so I haven't touched these.

Rather than going all out and calculate the exact number of customers, how much money each one spends, etc, I just used averages. I think it gets the job done.

Offline jonwich

« Reply #1454 on: December 02, 2015, 10:52:49 PM »
Very cool stuff Hanzo!