Author Topic: Bugs 1.29.2 (megafix)  (Read 34929 times)

Offline zodiac44

• Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
Re: Bugs 1.29.2 (megafix)
« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2009, 01:21:14 AM »
You can force them to use consumables that affect everyone, but thus far, the effect seems to apply only to the girl who used it.
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline letmein

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2009, 01:28:29 AM »
Huh...  it wasn't working at all, for me.

Another bug:  girls working at the strip bar are doing one or two "other" activities - not a problem, I think that's intended if they like the job.  However, these other jobs are not restricted when you select forbidden options for a particular brothel.  (This may not be an issue;  the building update will almost certainly make it a moot point.  Still, I figured I should report it, just in case...)
Still lurking.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2009, 02:14:44 AM »
I don't have a problem with girls working the Champagne room either, and I agree that if this function is going to extend into future iterations, they should be under the same restrictions as the brothel.  They should also be recorded slightly differently.  Currently, it just gives the sex description, as if the girl was working in the brothel.  Instead, it should be something like:

"<girl name> worked as a stripper/waitress/bartender/etc in the strip bar.  She earned <income>.  X customer(s) requested a private performance in the Champagne room."

Then describe the private encounters, along with compensation (currently left out of the bar sex scenes).
Capitalization is the difference between "I had to help my uncle Jack off a horse" and "I had to help my uncle jack off a horse."

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2009, 08:41:51 AM »
Time to go work on the items I now. I think all these bug were in the older versions it is just we did not notice them, since the other bugs got in the way first.  At least I got the load time down.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2009, 03:32:39 PM by delta224 »

Offline Xaenca

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2009, 10:25:18 AM »
Sometimes, when I load a game, some random girl from whoever I have in my brothel gets turned into one with no name, no picture, 0 health and 0 happiness.

Offline Command

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2009, 11:07:48 AM »
Problem happened the game just crashed. I just got a message about sending an error message and when I clicked on don't sent it just quit on me.  Oddly enough I wasn't clicking on anything at the time or trying to get any where.

It's probably a bug but I'm not sure what's the cause.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2009, 11:18:52 AM »
Probably a bug, no idea why it was caused though.

Offline Zeus

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2009, 05:55:25 PM »
my game crashes everytime i try to load my autosave file. after i patchet the Custom Item list in the game folder... i think something in the item list crash a running game... (sorry for the bad english ^^ greez from germany...)

Nice game btw. I like MicroManagmant!
why fear 6 7? 7 8 9! (just say it loud and you understand ... mh... jokes you have to explain are crap... Sorry ^^)

Offline sgb

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2009, 07:12:52 PM »
If you modified items that you had equipped/in inventory in a previous save, then yes there will be problems.  Start a new game if you make major content changes like that.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2009, 08:32:30 PM »
I think it is more if you remove an item, than changing them.  Still this is something I need to fix.

Offline zodiac44

« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2009, 12:18:51 AM »
You can add new items and modify existing ones, but if you delete an item that is in any of the girls' inventories or the player's, the game crashes.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2009, 12:39:17 PM »
Fixed that crash, but still have not fix the issues letmein brought up,

Offline Bloodly

« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2009, 03:14:03 PM »
I had an odd issue.  I cannot tell you the circumstances precisely.  Basically, the game crashed for unknown reasons(Possibly due to pregnacies-I'd been using on preventatives).  I had around 45 girls working, maxed out, full health, no tiredness, the works, mostly customs from the Slave Market and random wandering.  I loaded the auto-save; it seemed fine, hit 'next turn'.  All but the first 8 I had recieved were pronounced dead and removed from the game.  very strange.  I don't know what caused the initial crash, so I couldn't tell you what the problem was.

Offline delta224

• Dev Team
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2009, 03:23:25 PM »
Bah, I dispise bugs like that.  But I have an idea what could have caused it.  Also next time if the game crashes, make a backup of the gamelog.

Offline letmein

« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2009, 05:25:58 PM »
I'm not sure if this is exactly a bug, but as far as I can tell having multiple gangs on guard duty has no effect.  Only one gang ever does anything; the others just ends up dying along with the first on the occasional "insta-kill" girl escapes.

Along with that, the mechanism for girls being assaulted is messed up.  No matter how skilled your men are, or how many you use, girls will still end up being attacked on a regular basis.  Now, I could understand that if you had 100+ girls, but I only had 20 in one game, with two guarding gangs (fully skilled), and as many as five attacks were getting through a turn.
Still lurking.