devolution

Author Topic: Is There (Or Could There Be) A Game Like...  (Read 6798 times)

Offline rb813

Is There (Or Could There Be) A Game Like...
« on: May 21, 2013, 10:33:22 AM »
I've been thinking there could be some really interesting possibilities in a game with a format like Whoremaster (or Sim Brothel, etc), but where the player is just trying to date or hook up with girls.  There are plenty of "sim dating" games like this, where the guy has to build up his stats and put in the time so the girl will like him, but it's always just about pursuing a specific girl (or a couple girls) with a predefined time limit.  So it really becomes a "beat the clock" challenge, with time management being the core of the strategy, and no replayability once you've got to the end with each girl. 

To my knowledge, there aren't any dating games in the Whoremaster format where you can go as long as you want with a potentially endless supply of girls.  Of course, the drawback to this type of format is that there wouldn't be scripted events, and the visualizations of each girl would be limited to what you could plug in; but it would also have more dynamism, and wouldn't rely so much on the time-management factor.

Now, don't get me wrong, I really like Whoremaster.  A lot of the elements germane to the slave/brothel setting appeal to me, but there are also times when I'm interested in a more tender romantic setting.  So why can't we have both?

Does anyone know of anything like this?  And if not, how hard would it be to make?  Would it be possible to mod an existing engine into something like that, or would it have to be built from scratch?  Would anyone else be interested in playing a game like this, or is it just me?

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
  • "It's like hunting cows"
Re: Is There (Or Could There Be) A Game Like...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2013, 10:47:44 AM »
We're making a game with element fairly similar to what you describe. Otherwise, games like that are easier to build from scratch than to try and mod an engine that was not coded by you in the first place.
Like what we're doing?

Offline rb813

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2013, 10:51:20 AM »
That's cool.  Can you tell me the title of the game so I'll know what to look out for?

(Also, are you interested in hearing a couple ideas I have for a game of this type?  Totally won't be offended if you don't.)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 10:52:55 AM by rb813 »

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2013, 10:54:10 AM »
That's cool.  Can you tell me the title of the game so I'll know what to look out for?

PyTFall, but it would take four or five more month to build a decent version, beta prolly sooner than that. Basically, girlsmeets in town system, especially customized to a specific girl is very close to dating.
Like what we're doing?

Offline rb813

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2013, 11:02:49 AM »
Interesting.  I'll be looking forward to it.

Offline DarkTl

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2013, 12:01:46 PM »
Also, are you interested in hearing a couple ideas I have for a game of this type?  Totally won't be offended if you don't.
Go to this thread and write as many ideas as you want to  :)

Offline MrKlaus

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2013, 10:34:19 AM »
About the game; try: Secret Wives' Club or for more runnig around town Kingdom (play this with the walkthrough, hard to unlock girls).

Some time ago there was a list of RPG H-games on hongfire (now it's cutted to 1/3 of it; only the actuall project are still on); but there was a game similar to PyTFall. You started with a deb of 1000000, 1 girl and to get new girls u had go all over town, sweet talk, give presents etc. But can't remember the name  :(

Offline Xela

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2013, 11:05:01 AM »
About the game; try: Secret Wives' Club or for more runnig around town Kingdom (play this with the walkthrough, hard to unlock girls).

Some time ago there was a list of RPG H-games on hongfire (now it's cutted to 1/3 of it; only the actuall project are still on); but there was a game similar to PyTFall. You started with a deb of 1000000, 1 girl and to get new girls u had go all over town, sweet talk, give presents etc. But can't remember the name  :(

SimBro 1x is the name...
Like what we're doing?